Where To Buy Alphabet Toy Letters/numbers

I tried the general forum, but little luck. I'm looking for Thai and/or English Alphabet Toy Letters and numbers for pre schooler / toddler or maybe those that are in elementary school may also use this.

They can either be the plastic magnet type that you put on the refrigerator door, wooden or plastic letters that lay flat on the floor or larger (3d) ones that each letter can stand up on their own on the floor or desk. They should be large enough so a toddler cannot eat it, (so like 3-7 inches long or so?)

So I'm looking for a babies-r-us, kids-r-us, teacher supply store, or any Thai equivalent random shop that would possibly stock these items?

Normally we are in Chumphon, but we are traveling in bangkok here for the next couple of days.

Some examples here:

post-109486-0-17880700-1367052152_thumb.
post-109486-0-07554500-1367052149_thumb.
post-109486-0-80211800-1367052139_thumb.
post-109486-0-54642100-1367052146_thumb.

I did find ToysRUs; there are several in bangkok I ended up going to the Central World Rama 1 (RajDamri Rd, Near Pantip Plaza) as they were supposed to be the biggest one. They also have a couple of more baby/toddler stores nearby on the same 6th floor, some were closed I'm guessing for May 1st holiday. I looked through the window and they looks more like they sold clothes/strollers/toys than any type of educational games. The ToysRUs did have a lot of what I was looking for, at least for english. I was hoping for some more local equivalents, especially with the Thai symbols or English letters but cheaper.

I will have to go look in China Town the next time I go. I've looked through a couple of malls, but I didn't see anything educational for babies/kids (beyond clothes, strollers, etc).

The "any central/robinson mall" advice is a bit misleading. Anyone have any specific venues where they were able to find similar educational toys?

Unfortunately incorrect - all Cental department stores have toy departments - and they are full of those type of toys. Don't use your meager sample size (and lack of Thai language skill to ask a staff for toy department location assistance) as "fact".

Edited by Stradavarius37

Unfortunately incorrect - all Cental department stores have toy departments - and they are full of those type of toys. Don't use your meager sample size (and lack of Thai language skill to ask a staff for toy department location assistance) as "fact".

If you or others with experience could provide us with a couple of examples of where you have purchased or have witnessed similar educational toys as I detailed earlier, that would be helpful. Thanks.

I do bring the photo examples with me on the phone and the majority of store clerks I run into seem to know what I am referring to. But if you had any specific phrases worth mentioning, that would be helpful also.

edit: the CentralWorlds I normally pass by are Rama 1 RajDamri Rd near pantip plaza, Rama 2, and Siam (near Siam Paragon/MBK area). Sometimes FortuneTown (Rama 9).

Edited by 4evermaat

You need to try Sukhumvit. Central's Flagship Store is Central Chitlom. If they don't have then a couple of BTS stops further will get you to Emporium. If they don't have them there must be none.