Confessed Killer Lee Aldhouse Gives His First Interview From Phuket Prison

webfact

Why do you feel the need to 'defend' him?

Defend? Come on with this defending sh1t... I don't even know the guy??

More like confronting childish board members on their ridiculous comments related to all these types of matters!

You mean comments much like your own?

It's a forum, open to all, to say (within reason) what they wish . . . if you don't like it, don't read it . . . and complaining about what others write, whilst also writing your own comments is, to say the least, a tad hyprocritical.

• Like 1

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It seems on these forums that the American game of justice is planted in the minds of most people. Innocent until proven is replaced by guilty until proven. Thai prison guards are almost criminal, they are often abusive, drunk and careless so no wonder that he is uncomfortable talking about it.

...have a crack at the bible... Maybe then I would entertain some form of debate with you.
Ah yes, good one TM... The book which advocates misogyny, genocide, slavery, murder, prejudice, rape, removal of limbs and eyes as punishment, and ultimately eternal damnation to the worst prison imaginable for minor transgressions of faith! Let's debate!

Cheerful hang em high bunch on Thai Visa as always... Gets boring and its childish, he's in jail what more do you want?

How bored and twisted have you got to be to condemn someone to rotting in a prison that you don't even know? What gives you the right?

Friend or family or a court official then go ahead but as the public, give it a rest. In the end you no better than the accused by condemning and shaming a human (good or bad) in such a manner.

You yourself are seriously twisted if you think people posting arguably over the top (or "childish and boring") but completely harmless and impotent messages on a message board is the same as murdering someone (let alone this particular murder which to some, myself included, is particularly odious).

I'm surprised people think the bell ringing is so horrible; do you actually believe that thousands of prisoners go for years without sleep? They get used to it and sleep through it.

I know for a fact that it can be adjusted to.

Thai Prison life compared to his home country UK prison life isnt even comparable. He is paying the price.

Good and I hope he is given a specially hard time as punishment for the cowardly murder of a young 23 year old man. He has pleaded guilty so there is no doubt, and I would like to see him executed; that option no longer exists so I hope prison life is especially hard.

My COMMENTS as opposed to JUDGEMENTS (go to dictionary) that other board members made were in no way directed nor categorically defined. They were a general commentary observation of the actions of certain members of thaivisa, they were also all outlaid in a questioning stance as opposed to a direct one. If you had even a slightly profound grasp of the english language and read through my posts properly i think you will come to find that no judgement was passed in any way. I do not judge and I did not judge.

In addition to the previously mentioned lack of sensible perspective, you seem to be somewhat lacking in self awareness, honesty or short term memory:

"In the end you no better than the accused by condemning and shaming a human (good or bad) in such a manner."

Edited by SteeleJoe

They should execute him, then you won't have any worries about his treatment Trademark ! He has proved his value to society by murdering a fellow human being. Put him where he belongs, in the trash bin.

Now Iam worrying about his treatment? Go check the dictionary for the definition of worry... While you at it have a look at a reading course to understand forum posts better. Furthermore have a crack at the bible or any other basic human concept if religion doesn't do it for you. Maybe as some added course work you could sneak a peak at some criminal rehabilitation articles and things pertaining to the judiciary system in general to see how ludicrous your trash bin comment is. Maybe then I would entertain some form of debate with you.

Agreed Oldsailor. Take no notice of TM he is either trying to wind posters up or he has forgotten to take today's medication. On the other hand he might be one of those 'armchair tree huggers' who hate this forum but continue to read the articles. SAD.wub.png

Does the UK provide him legal counsel or does he get some Thai public defender?

It's not an "either/or" as you frame it: the UK does not provide counsel but he can hire a lawyer (and I believe has done so). Only if he was destitute - which he is not - would he get a "public defender".

I doubt many embassies, if any, typically provide lawyers for people accused of crimes. At most they can provide information on where to contact lawyers (as well as a few other forms of assistance like communication with the outside world and arranging access to any funds the accused may have at his/her disposal; their remit is primarily confined to seeing that the accused is allowed any and all rights afforded under local law and no more).

Edited by SteeleJoe

Does the UK provide him legal counsel or does he get some Thai public defender?

The court will apoint a free lawyer (who probably wont speak any English) he can choose to retain a better lawyer if he wants/has the money. A translator will be present when he has to go to court.

Seeing as he has pleaded guilty there will not be a case or a chance to explain he will be sentenced very quickly.

He has pleaded guilty to the stabbing, but has not pleaded guilty to first degree murder.

There will be a lengthy court case.

So what charge has he pleaded guilty too then?

Ah! Another Thai jailhouse piece to get bored expat's homoerotic S&M fantasies going.

And ringing a bell every 15 minutes all night is just fine?

Don't forget, that many of the people living with Aldhouse are only there because they are poor. And that some will likely be innocent.

• Like 1

Confessed Killer Lee Aldhouse Gives His First Interview From Phuket Prison is the subject line, yes? So the fact that he didn't comment on his remorse, perhaps could be because the questions that were asked of him were related to the conditions of the prison he's now housed in. Anyone who has done time in prison, knows it's not a walk in the park, but rather an extended period of time that fells like torture.

If you asked a common prisoner which he preferred to live or to die, in my case I'd say die. I did 7 seven years behind bars, and I was lucky to have a 1" sometimes 2" pad of sorts, covered with vinyl. These guys don't even have that, but resort to sleeping on the floor. How about using a bucket for bodily waste, or the fact that the bucket sits in the cell until the next morning when it can be removed. The bell ringing every 15 minutes or each hour, that is certainly a form of mental torture, and will haunt a man for the rest of his life. Don't forget the boiled fish head for meals. I don't know this man, and I don't need to, to understand what he's going through. Everyone makes mistakes, but as the headline reads, he confessed to his mistake, and he's now paying the ultimate price. Again given the choice, he most certainly would prefer to die, or have been the one who did from the altercation. When an altercation occurs it's natural to want to survive, and who is stronger, smarter or has the best weapon prevails. No one has time to think about what life will be like after the altercation, they just want to survive the moment. So try if you may, to give the men who are serving time, in such conditions; a break. Read this article as it's meant to be read,

and that's about the conditions you'll most likely be suffering, if you too take matters into your own hands and the victim or opponent doesn't live through it. It could one day be one of you who are now all so proud or happy to put your absent minded scents into he's getting what he deserves....Really?

I think he's getting more than any man deserves in a life time. Don't even ask me why I'm defending him, that a stupid question, that I've seen has been asked already. I'm defending the human race, and simple dignity. Mistakes happen to everyone, and it basically all comes down to timing, and reaction to the situation before you, we can't honestly say, what we would do, for when the body is in danger we all go into automatic mode of defense, as a general statement, which is not related to this incident he's charged for. In his case he confessed for his actions, and we all have no idea how he might of felt threatened? Unfortunately he has to live each day thinking what if? Meaning if it had been handled differently? For me, that is worse than dying, for that thought will never escape a man.

• Like 1

He has pleaded guilty to the stabbing, but has not pleaded guilty to first degree murder.

Not buying the special offer chilli dog in 7/11.

Courtrooms don't work like that (don't you watch TV?)

The charge was first degree murder and he has plead not guilty.

He has admitted to the stabbing.

Really wow thanks for pointing that out.

Can I ask what experiance you have with Thai courts and prisions?

'The charge was first degree murder and he has plead not guilty'

Why the use of past tense has the charge been reduced?

Edited by Para

So a guy stabs and kills someone WITH A STOLEN KNIFE TO DO THE JOB and it is not murder. Shall we have a poll on this.

Irrelevant.

I read all the articles in the Phuket Gazette (before this one).

It's all out there in the public domain if you can be bothered to inform yourself.

So a guy stabs and kills someone WITH A STOLEN KNIFE TO DO THE JOB and it is not murder. Shall we have a poll on this.

+1

Seems basic logic fail some people at times. beatdeadhorse.gif

Irrelevant.

It's all out there in the public domain if you can be bothered to inform yourself.

Irrelevent! LMFAO so all your posts are basd on what?

I've been through the court system here I am not some armchair critic repeating the at best blatent properganda at worst absolute rubbish printed in most of the papers.

+1

I know, and they worry where he is banged up cos there is no snooker table. coffee1.gif

+1

I know, and they worry where he is banged up cos there is no snooker table. coffee1.gif

Joys of being old and out of touch I guess,

Irrelevant.

Irrelevent! LMFAO so all your posts are basd on what?

I've been through the court system here I am not some armchair critic repeating the at best blatent properganda at worst absolute rubbish printed in most of the papers.

I also have had dealings with Thai justice, but, in this case it really is irrelevant.

Why? Because I can tell you things about the planet Mars without having to go there, but mainly because it is a fact.

He has plead not guilty to first degree murder but, admitted the stabbing.

Don't believe me? Use the search function and read it for yourself?

Seems a lot of people don't understand that just because you kill someone (even with a knife), in a court there are many"degrees".

Here are a few as an example:-

First degree murder.

Second degree murder.

Culpable homicide.

Manslaughter.

Justifiable manslaughter.

These are off the top of my head, I'm sure there's more.

Before you make yourself look even more foolish than you look already, use the search function to find the FACTS of this case.