Confessed Killer Lee Aldhouse Gives His First Interview From Phuket Prison

webfact

I never realized he finished the fight then went off to buy a knife. Once I got beaten up for no reason(apart from being drunk) by bouncers. The next day I got drunk again and bought a large hammer - I was a sick alcoholic. Luckily my common sense or fear stopped me attacking the bouncers. But when one is mentally ill, through drink, drugs or not, who know what can happen. Is this guy sick or bad, this is the real question regarding whether or not he deserves rehabilitation, help or rot in hell.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To put it in perspective this is what the man is accused of:

"Witnesses said Aldhouse, who trained in Thai kickboxing, or Muay Thai, challenged Longfellow to a fight.

When the American, who was on holiday following a combat injury sustained in Afghanistan, refused Aldhouse allegedly punched him in the face and a brawl broke out."

"Witnesses say that hours earlier Aldhouse and Longfellow got into a barroom fight after the Briton tried to block the former Marine from getting to the bathroom. Aldhouse, who was reportedly known for getting drunk, picking fights and bragging about being invincible, had apparently met his match in Longfellow, who was winning the fight when other patrons separated the two brawlers, according to witnesses.

Longfellow left the bar with his Thai girlfriend shortly after the fight but Aldhouse was allegedly not going to concede defeat that easily and followed the couple to their hotel.

Aldhouse later ambushed Longfellow outside his hotel room, stabbing him twice in the chest (with a knife he had stolen for the purpose - my comment) as his terrified girlfriend looked on, according to the Phuket Gazette."

PS

In the interest of full disclosure, I will add that I have to concede that in the eyes of the law or Ina coldly rational sense, it should make no difference but to me it absolutely DOES make a difference that the victim was who he was and what he'd done. His nationality perhaps makes my feelings even slightly stronger but I would be absolutely horrified and outraged had he been a British, Australian or any other nation's equivalent of a decorated combat veteran of the Marine Corps.

Edited by SteeleJoe
  • Like 1

He has pleaded guilty to the stabbing, but has not pleaded guilty to first degree murder.

There will be a lengthy court case.

So what charge has he pleaded guilty too then?

Courtrooms don't work like that (don't you watch TV?)

The charge was first degree murder and he has plead not guilty.

He has admitted to the stabbing.

So a guy stabs and kills someone WITH A STOLEN KNIFE TO DO THE JOB and it is not murder. Shall we have a poll on this.

Courtrooms also don't work on polling.

Aldy created a premeditated knife attack on an unarmed guy and killed him. Plain and simple, nooooo middle man, noooo nothing. Witnesses galore to witness that a guy stole a knife to do what he could NOT do with his fists. You want to defend this guy, up to you,

How many times do you have to be told?

Nowhere in any of my posts have I defended him. If you think I have, post it. Put up or shut up.

I have just stated what he plead in court and what he has admitted to. All in the public domain.

Do you understand? Can you get your head around that?

You keep telling us he didn't mean to kill the guy. Why are you telling us time and time again he didn't mean to kill the guy ???????????

Now Aldy is in cuffs OF COURSE he didn't mean to kill the guy. Comprendeeee. rolleyes.gif

No, he is not. He is trying to tell you that Aldhouse claims he did not intend to kill the guy.

You keep telling us he didn't mean to kill the guy. Why are you telling us time and time again he didn't mean to kill the guy ???????????

Now Aldy is in cuffs OF COURSE he didn't mean to kill the guy. Comprendeeee.

No, Karen Bravo has never said that.
OK, So he says and agrees it seems, Aldy took a knife to the guy but didn't mean to put him in a box. rolleyes.gif . Now come on, Aldy could have stood his ground with his Kung <deleted> stuff BUT he didn't, suddenly a stolen knife appeared to do a premeditated knife job, End of story. coffee1.gif
You obviously aren't familiar with the facts of this case.

Aldhouse was beaten in a fair fight with the victim. If he had "stood his ground with his Kung <deleted> stuff" he would have been beaten again.

Aldhouse losing a fair fight in front of many witnesses is the probable root cause of the end result of this affair.

Can you imagine, some people claim that losing face is Asian.

• Like 2

They should execute him, then you won't have any worries about his treatment Trademark ! He has proved his value to society by murdering a fellow human being. Put him where he belongs, in the trash bin.

Now Iam worrying about his treatment? Go check the dictionary for the definition of worry... While you at it have a look at a reading course to understand forum posts better. Furthermore have a crack at the bible or any other basic human concept if religion doesn't do it for you. Maybe as some added course work you could sneak a peak at some criminal rehabilitation articles and things pertaining to the judiciary system in general to see how ludicrous your trash bin comment is. Maybe then I would entertain some form of debate with you.

Unless things have drastically changed, or I have been confused all my life, prison is a punishment for a crime committed and proved in a court of law. If you think it is only about rehibilitation, then you would be wrong. In your dictionaries, where you seem to have some sort of fasination in your reply to oldsailor35, it is defined as a correctional facility to digress from the word punishment.

Trademark, you write like a true bovine follower of the socially just, the same people that have got the 'western' "civilized" world into such a mess with their human rights principles.

To me, only addressing my own views on a public forum debate, a persons human rights should be deeply questioned where, as in this case in question, premeditation is the key point in the crime.

How do you rehabilitate a person who plans and executes his crime in such a way?

• Like 1

Regardless. the thing about ringing bells for three minutes every fifteen minutes? What kind of sadism is that? I don't give a rat's ass about this murderer, but to not let the inmates sleep through the night is a form of torture. The guards don't have walkie talkies to check in? Why ring bells? There is only one reason: to harass the prisoners. That's not the idea of prison. It's rehabilitation. That will have long-term physical and psychological effects on the prisoners.

It really is stupid and inhumane. I can hardly believe they do this all over Thailand. Some people are heavy sleepers, but some people are quite light sleepers. The latter will develop severe problems.

It really is stupid and inhumane. I can hardly believe they do this all over Thailand.

Do you know that they do? How?

And people will generally adapt, I believe. People have have found the ability to sleep in all sorts of conditions.

It really is stupid and inhumane. I can hardly believe they do this all over Thailand.

Do you know that they do? How?

And people will generally adapt, I believe. People have have found the ability to sleep in all sorts of conditions.

Probably by reading the OP.

I believe people have the capacity to change. I believe people should (sometimes) be given a 2nd chance. But ONLY if they express and feel remorse for what they have done.

In this case he has not done so. Hang him high. Scum.

Confessed Killer Lee Aldhouse Gives His First Interview From Phuket Prison is the subject line, yes? So the fact that he didn't comment on his remorse, perhaps could be because the questions that were asked of him were related to the conditions of the prison he's now housed in. Anyone who has done time in prison, knows it's not a walk in the park, but rather an extended period of time that fells like torture. If you asked a common prisoner which he preferred to live or to die, in my case I'd say die. I did 7 seven years behind bars, and I was lucky to have a 1" sometimes 2" pad of sorts, covered with vinyl. These guys don't even have that, but resort to sleeping on the floor. How about using a bucket for bodily waste, or the fact that the bucket sits in the cell until the next morning when it can be removed. The bell ringing every 15 minutes or each hour, that is certainly a form of mental torture, and will haunt a man for the rest of his life. Don't forget the boiled fish head for meals. I don't know this man, and I don't need to, to understand what he's going through. Everyone makes mistakes, but as the headline reads, he confessed to his mistake, and he's now paying the ultimate price. Again given the choice, he most certainly would prefer to die, or have been the one who did from the altercation. When an altercation occurs it's natural to want to survive, and who is stronger, smarter or has the best weapon prevails. No one has time to think about what life will be like after the altercation, they just want to survive the moment. So try if you may, to give the men who are serving time, in such conditions; a break. Read this article as it's meant to be read, and that's about the conditions you'll most likely be suffering, if you too take matters into your own hands and the victim or opponent doesn't live through it. It could one day be one of you who are now all so proud or happy to put your absent minded scents into he's getting what he deserves....Really? I think he's getting more than any man deserves in a life time. Don't even ask me why I'm defending him, that a stupid question, that I've seen has been asked already. I'm defending the human race, and simple dignity. Mistakes happen to everyone, and it basically all comes down to timing, and reaction to the situation before you, we can't honestly say, what we would do, for when the body is in danger we all go into automatic mode of defense, as a general statement, which is not related to this incident he's charged for. In his case he confessed for his actions, and we all have no idea how he might of felt threatened? Unfortunately he has to live each day thinking what if? Meaning if it had been handled differently? For me, that is worse than dying, for that thought will never escape a man.

You have my sympathies for your time served for whatever reason it was and conditions in Thai prisons are certainly barbaric. But I think some of your points need correction. Aldhouse's crime did not result from a fight for survival emanating from an altercation. He armed himself with a knife and deliberately sought out his victim whom he knew to be unarmed and brutally murdered him simply for having bettered him in a boxing match. Yes, he had confessed to the murder but there was point in doing otherwise, since he committed the murder in front of witnesses who are able and willing to testify against him. A not guilty plea would collapse immediately in court and result in a stiffer sentence. His confession is in no way an expression of remorse.

I do agree with you that he would be better off dead, as would society and I hope he is never released into it again alive. A person with this type of antisocial behaviour hard wired into his psyche will be capable of doing harm to others for the rest of his life and should be detained for life without the possibility of parole or mercifully put down like a rabid dog.

• Like 2

He is dog-scheit scumbag coward I wipe my arse with the pages of his Gazette interview.

Anyone who disagrees with me can feel free to "unfriend" me.

You have friends?

He has me. thumbsup.gif

and me also ...this bloke is worthless ...well known standover ...who used to pick his targets ...got flogged and couldnt handle it ...two night before he belted a guy at least 20 years older than him with a gimpy leg ...hope he rots in jail ..no sympathy

• Like 2

Confessed Killer Lee Aldhouse Gives His First Interview From Phuket Prison is the subject line, yes? So the fact that he didn't comment on his remorse, perhaps could be because the questions that were asked of him were related to the conditions of the prison he's now housed in. Anyone who has done time in prison, knows it's not a walk in the park, but rather an extended period of time that fells like torture. If you asked a common prisoner which he preferred to live or to die, in my case I'd say die. I did 7 seven years behind bars, and I was lucky to have a 1" sometimes 2" pad of sorts, covered with vinyl. These guys don't even have that, but resort to sleeping on the floor. How about using a bucket for bodily waste, or the fact that the bucket sits in the cell until the next morning when it can be removed. The bell ringing every 15 minutes or each hour, that is certainly a form of mental torture, and will haunt a man for the rest of his life. Don't forget the boiled fish head for meals. I don't know this man, and I don't need to, to understand what he's going through. Everyone makes mistakes, but as the headline reads, he confessed to his mistake, and he's now paying the ultimate price. Again given the choice, he most certainly would prefer to die, or have been the one who did from the altercation. When an altercation occurs it's natural to want to survive, and who is stronger, smarter or has the best weapon prevails. No one has time to think about what life will be like after the altercation, they just want to survive the moment. So try if you may, to give the men who are serving time, in such conditions; a break. Read this article as it's meant to be read, and that's about the conditions you'll most likely be suffering, if you too take matters into your own hands and the victim or opponent doesn't live through it. It could one day be one of you who are now all so proud or happy to put your absent minded scents into he's getting what he deserves....Really? I think he's getting more than any man deserves in a life time. Don't even ask me why I'm defending him, that a stupid question, that I've seen has been asked already. I'm defending the human race, and simple dignity. Mistakes happen to everyone, and it basically all comes down to timing, and reaction to the situation before you, we can't honestly say, what we would do, for when the body is in danger we all go into automatic mode of defense, as a general statement, which is not related to this incident he's charged for. In his case he confessed for his actions, and we all have no idea how he might of felt threatened? Unfortunately he has to live each day thinking what if? Meaning if it had been handled differently? For me, that is worse than dying, for that thought will never escape a man.

You have my sympathies for your time served for whatever reason it was and conditions in Thai prisons are certainly barbaric. But I think some of your points need correction. Aldhouse's crime did not result from a fight for survival emanating from an altercation. He armed himself with a knife and deliberately sought out his victim whom he knew to be unarmed and brutally murdered him simply for having bettered him in a boxing match. Yes, he had confessed to the murder but there was point in doing otherwise, since he committed the murder in front of witnesses who are able and willing to testify against him. A not guilty plea would collapse immediately in court and result in a stiffer sentence. His confession is in no way an expression of remorse.

I do agree with you that he would be better off dead, as would society and I hope he is never released into it again alive. A person with this type of antisocial behaviour hard wired into his psyche will be capable of doing harm to others for the rest of his life and should be detained for life without the possibility of parole or mercifully put down like a rabid dog.

Agree with you, but one correction: he has plead guilty to manslaughter, not to murder.

Agree with you, but one correction: he has plead guilty to manslaughter, not to murder.

He can plead what ever he likes to somehow reduce his punishment.......... BUT...............WE............KNOW............. his intentions don't we. ?.............DON'T WE ?

The bell ringing every 15 minutes is not right, whilst i'd accept it for convicted murderers and nonces .... most arent in jail for such things, and it can take years for a trial to conclude thus innocent people have to suffer this .

But then again this is Thaivisa so maybe we ought to call for this bell ringing to be every 5 minutes.

Close you eyes folks and take a moment. This could happen to any one of us. Do like the Monks and put

out "Meta" , love for Lee and all the other people that you do not like or love and all of those you do. It will all come back to you.

Close you eyes folks and take a moment. This could happen to any one of us. Do like the Monks and put

out "Meta" , love for Lee and all the other people that you do not like or love and all of those you do. It will all come back to you.

No, it could not.

• Like 1

If that was true, good things would happen to good people and bad things would happen to bad people.

Yet, we know that life just doesn't work that way.

Just another warm and fuzzy pseudo-religious, hippy platitude.

And because a yank was killed thats causing the usual TV vitriol. Full story of the events leading up to the death will out .lets hope

Sent from my GT-S7500L using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

And because a yank was killed thats causing the usual TV vitriol. Full story of the events leading up to the death will out .lets hope

Sent from my GT-S7500L using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Nonsense, nothing to do with nationality, just with the numbers and being foreigners in general (although yes, it would have led to less posts if the dead would have been Burmese)..