Boy Mauled By Stray Dogs At Rayong Beach

webfact

Boy Mauled By Stray Dogs At Rayong Beach

Vagrant dogs bit an 8-year-old Cambodian boy at Ban Pae beach while he was going to swim. The boy was nearly killed, but a tourist helped chase the dogs away with a stick. The boy was rushed to the hospital.

RAYONG – April 29, 2013 [PDN]; at 1 p.m., the Pae police station was notified that vagrant dogs had attacked an 8-year-old Cambodian boy.

Officers found the boy lying on his back, naked on the beach, crying in pain. There were serious wounds in his body and head. His body was blood soaked, and there were a lot of dog bites all over it. The authorities gave him first aid and sent him to the ICU room at Rayong hospital, and will wait to see if he got rabies from the dogs.

The Cambodian father of the boy, Mr. Mag, age 28, said that his son, named Dee, took off his clothes to go to play in the sea. But there were about 10 dogs that came along to bite the boy. However, there was a tourist who helped him to chase the dogs away with a stick, and the dogs scattered.

Initially, the police asked other witnesses, and would check to see if the dogs had owners to prosecute.

Source: http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/04/30/boy-mauled-by-stray-dogs-at-rayong-beach/

-- Pattaya Daily News 2013-04-30

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These stray dogs can be nasty little *****. I got bit in BKK after i gave water to one which ive seen around for about 5 yrs ! I hope the kids ok and the dogs are found and put down

• Like 2

This is, for me, the very worst thing about everyday life in Thailand.

I live in a small city off the tourist trail and don't feel safe walking the streets after dark for fear of these mongrels. Call it spiritualism, call it apathy, why Thais allow these pests to wonder about is beyond me. A dog lunged at me today, my reflex was to step back and I was almost hit by a car.

I hate hating dogs, as I've always been a dog-person.

Edited by aTomsLife

Thank goodness for the tourist.

I used to carry a stick around almost everywhere I went, but somewhat stopped doing that in the last 6 months. Not sure this will make me do anything differently, but makes me wish I would carry a stick more often.

I'd hope that if I were in this situation I'd dive into the water to get away from the dogs. But with any panic situation, my brain likely wouldn't be very logical.

Hope the kid recovers well.

These stray dogs can be nasty little *****. I got bit in BKK after i gave water to one which ive seen around for about 5 yrs ! I hope the kids ok and the dogs are found and put down

All 10 million of them?

Loonie!

Seen a thai female misfit asking me to help her to take her pram with 2 @!#$$%%^%%$ in it off the Jomtien beach.

Me say no speeky thai.

wish it happened in Liberia.

where are all the : i like soi dogs lovers now ?

they should all be caught, all over thailand and put down or exported for meat, some people up north love them, to eat

Dude, just because i like the dogs, doesn't mean I should be someones dinner! O_o

• Like 2

they should all be caught, all over thailand and put down or exported for meat, some people up north love them, to eat

Sorry but where was the father? Tourist helped while father was too busy getting drunk?

• Like 2

A dog that attacks for no reason; anywhere, with no collar with its owners information on it should be rounded up and put down. It is that simple as that! Thailand has too many stray dogs because they are too cheap charlie to go to the vet and have them sterilized. When there are too many, they throw them out of the house or take them to temples and let them go. No sense of responsibility! If I have a dog, it becomes part of my family which also means I take care of it and if it F%^ks up, I have to deal with it; but here in LOS it is all mai bpen rai as you have to escape a neighbours dog who thinks you are free game to attack. Thai people have no idea how to raise a dog properly and this can be seen also with the new generation of children; on that note the kids just need to be loved and spanked when they are bad........not put down, like a dog.

• Like 2

I've lived at many places in Thailand. First thing when I move to a new place the population of soi dogs gets down rapidly in my surroundings. I don't understand this. whistling.gif Someone out there who could solve this riddle???

Are you confessing to being a dog-eliminator ? ;-) Methods used pls ?

Soi dogs have to be one of the biggest threats to personal safety, after vehicles, in Thailand. Can't take strolls at night or at any time as a result of these mongrels being left alone to cause mayhem and car accidents on the Kingdom's streets. I realized two years ago that I would soon leave Thailand forever after my wife and son were chased down a quiet Bangkok street one afternoon during what was supposed to be liesurely weekend walk. Thailand and Thais envision the country they live in as a peaceful, Buddhist paradise. Meanwhile, their streets are growling, deadly beasts that howl long into the night and play host to scores of undesirable, three-legged, rabies-infested mutts.

• Like 1

Sorry but where was the father? Tourist helped while father was too busy getting drunk?

but maybe he was hard working during this time. so an innocent boy cant swim alone between other tourists?? sadly it was only a "cambodian". i "hope" next time its a farang boy/girl to keep it better in the media! it is irresponsible from public, legislator, police aso.

I've lived at many places in Thailand. First thing when I move to a new place the population of soi dogs gets down rapidly in my surroundings. I don't understand this. whistling.gif Someone out there who could solve this riddle???

well done. you have to help yourself here.

Are you confessing to being a dog-eliminator ? ;-) Methods used pls ?

In the neighborhood my wife used to live in with her family, the method of choice used by neighbors to deal with unruly canines was poison. I don't have the stomach to do it myself, no matter how much I hate the dogs, but my understanding is that a heavy dose of rat poison will do the trick stat. It isn't pretty though. You do what you have to do to survive in Thailand.

Edited by Unkomoncents
  • Like 1

"The authorities gave him first aid and sent him to the ICU room at
Rayong hospital, and will wait to see if he got rabies from the dogs."

Wait and see if he got rabies? I hope this is sloppy reporting and the boy was treated immediately to prevent rabies.

but maybe he was hard working during this time. so an innocent boy cant swim alone between other tourists?? sadly it was only a "cambodian". i "hope" next time its a farang boy/girl to keep it better in the media! it is irresponsible from public, legislator, police aso.

8 years old swim unsupervised in the ocean? You sure make a great parent

• Like 1

8 years old swim unsupervised in the ocean? You sure make a great parent

an 8 year old cambodian is like an 14year old westener. they are not that stupid in their estimation. he was playing in the sea, could be collecting shells, feet in the water aso.

if he was only walking/playing on the beach, 10m away from his father, gives the dogs enough time to attack him!

so its the fathers fault and the dogs are unfortunately a wrong rebirth.

you sure have a great opinion.

• Like 1

an 8 year old cambodian is like an 14year old westener. they are not that stupid in their estimation. he was playing in the sea, could be collecting shells, feet in the water aso.

if he was only walking/playing on the beach, 10m away from his father, gives the dogs enough time to attack him!

Please stop the utter nonsenserolleyes.gif

• Like 2

Please stop the utter nonsenserolleyes.gif

as your nonsense is free here, i just wanted to put it right. saai.gif

"they should all be caught, all over thailand and put down or exported for meat............."

The -dog lovers- shall be put down? blink.png

Edited by ALFREDO

Seen a thai female misfit asking me to help her to take her pram with 2 @!#$$%%^%%$ in it off the Jomtien beach.

Me say no speeky thai.

wish it happened in Liberia.

You not only cannot "speeky" you can also not understandable "writty" = 2 @!#$$%%^%%= blink.png

I think the "misfit" "Lady" was not Good Looking enough for you! Otherwise, you would not have cared anything! tongue.png

Edited by ALFREDO

Try to bath more frequently! Dogs have a good, sensible nose!

Hyaenen.gif

Edited by ALFREDO