Lions Tour

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great result, but I think that The Lions can play better than that still. The Oz team have been disappopinti9ng throughout, and the Lions not much better until today. No penetration in midfield, no attempt top get the ball wide, or offload in the tackle. BOD was lucky to get into the test team and was there as a make weight, and Tommy Bowe did not deserve to play the 3rd test after the performance in the second. Mike Phillips is past it, and Half penny is totally immense (please remind me who said he offered no attacak) All in all I loved it , but I knoiw we can play better, I'm not sure Oz can at the moment. Looking forward to the world cup. upwards and onwards for Wales and England in our group, mega rebuild for Oz.

Great result, but I think that The Lions can play better than that still. The Oz team have been disappopinti9ng throughout, and the Lions not much better until today. No penetration in midfield, no attempt top get the ball wide, or offload in the tackle. BOD was lucky to get into the test team and was there as a make weight, and Tommy Bowe did not deserve to play the 3rd test after the performance in the second. Mike Phillips is past it, and Half penny is totally immense (please remind me who said he offered no attacak) All in all I loved it , but I knoiw we can play better, I'm not sure Oz can at the moment. Looking forward to the world cup. upwards and onwards for Wales and England in our group, mega rebuild for Oz.

Tremendous negativity. It's good to see someone with the Thaivisa mentality (allegedly - I don't see it, myself. I like the veneer of positivity that masks the criticism - the cruellest stabs are from your friends, Brute.

The Lions scrum won the game

Edited by CrypticBob
  • Like 2

Magnificent performance. Total scrum dominance, big hitting tackles and a Leigh Halfpenny. Winning combo. Although at 19-16 i was not at all confident with the three captains missing but what a win mentality shown by the team.

Fair play to Australia, it takes two teams to make a great test series

Stats don't lie.

Australia has only won 6 tests against the Lions.

Lions have only won 6 tests against New Zealand.

Dean's winning record with Australia is about 52%. He will be gone this coming week back to shear sheep on his farm in NZ.

Gatland will receive a ticker-tak parade in Cardiff or London.

James O'Connor has been dropped from the Rebels.

Overall test matches

Updated after the 2013 Tour

Against Played Won Lost Drawn %Won

Argentina 7 6 0 1 86

Australia 23 17 6 0 74

New Zealand 38 6 29 3 16

South Africa 46 17 23 6 37

Total 114 46 58 10 40

Australian rugby team coach Robbie Deans has been released from his two-year contract six months early.

Ewen McKenzie will coach the Wallabies to the 2015 Rugby World Cup, with an official announcement tomorrow.

The departing Reds head coach has seen off a powerful challenge from Brumbies coach Jake White to take the top job.

A Tri-Nations title in 2011 is the lone prize for the Wallabies, even though he is the longest-serving leader in Australia's rugby history.

After nearly six years as coach, there has been strong speculation he would be replaced after Wallabies collapsed again on Sunday, losing 41-16 to the Lions. It follows regular Bledisloe Cup defeats and the last World Cup semifinal loss against the All Blacks.

His record stands at 74 tests with 43 wins, 2 draws and 29 losses - a 58.1 per cent success rate.

The Wallabies' next Test match is against the All Blacks in Sydney on August 17 in the first match of The Rugby Championship

Tremendous negativity. It's good to see someone with the Thaivisa mentality (allegedly - I don't see it, myself. I like the veneer of positivity that masks the criticism - the cruellest stabs are from your friends, Brute.

The Lions scrum won the game

You are right. My post sounds negative, but I really was happy with the win. I am merely pointing out some truths, and see nothing wrong with it. Being a realist doesn't make me a negative does it?

From an interview on the BBC web site:

""I've got no doubt, not only from a Welsh perspective, but all the players from England, Scotland and Ireland when they take on the southern hemisphere guys again they can go there knowing that they have beaten them," he added.

"The magnitude of [the fact that] we've beaten them over the past three weeks having been there so many times and been so close and yet so far away."

God knows how long it is since Scotland won in the Southern Hemisphere!

Thanks, boyos

SC