Three Expats Found Dead In Phuket

webfact

Maltese man, 70, found dead in Phuket

PHUKET: -- A 70-year-old Maltese man was found dead in a Phuket guest house last night.

The Phuket Wan Tourism News said this morning that the man, a heavy smoker and an asthmatic, was found by his girlfriend naked on a bed at the Maximum Guesthouse in Nanai Road, Patong.

He was one of three expats found dead overnight. Although not suspicious, their deaths still have to be explained, authorities said.

The other expats are a 24-year-old Frenchman found hanging from a doorway at a house in Moo 7, Saiyuan, Rawai, two hours earlier and a 29-year-old American woman found in a guesthouse in Rawai, southern Phuket, three hours later.

Source: http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20130501/local/maltese-man-70-found-dead-in-phuket.467788

-- TIMES OF MALTA 2013-05-01

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

24 year old Frenchman found hanging from a doorway...not suspicious say police !!!!!!

That is not what police said, but what Times of Malta said. Maybe time to read the original report?

"He was one of three expats found dead overnight. Although not suspicious, their deaths still have to be explained, authorities said."

• Like 1

a 24-year-old Frenchman found hanging from a doorway at a house in Moo 7, Saiyuan, Rawai, two hours earlier and a 29-year-old American woman found in a guesthouse in Rawai, southern Phuket, three hours later, This is not suspicious ?

a 24-year-old Frenchman found hanging from a doorway at a house in Moo 7, Saiyuan, Rawai, two hours earlier and a 29-year-old American woman found in a guesthouse in Rawai, southern Phuket, three hours later, This is not suspicious ?

Hmmm...do go on...

Is this for real? They`re dying wholesale now.

There is no explanation as to how the 29 year old woman died.

24 and 29, not exactly a ripe old age is it.

I guess there will be no updates or follow ups to these stories, bad for business and we don`t want to spoil the tourist figures, do we? So more farang deaths to be listed as statistics.

• Like 2

I'll help you.

People die, its the circle of life.

Yes but in Phuket it is an epidemic, They need to develop a vaccine for it

I would think it is epidemic all over the world?

Guess what? That doesn't help. I can read and I know what everyone posted. The quote function doesn't work properly so your quote isn't complete when I read it on an iPad and mine are not properly attributed.

Look at this one: I select quote and this is what you get...

By the way, I was employing sarcasm to agree with you, not at your expense. No need to be terse.

Edited by SteeleJoe
  • Like 2

Is this for real? They`re dying wholesale now.

There is no explanation as to how the 29 year old woman died.

24 and 29, not exactly a ripe old age is it.

I guess there will be no updates or follow ups to these stories, bad for business and we don`t want to spoil the tourist figures, do we? So more farang deaths to be listed as statistics.

When a Chap is found hanging in a doorway, it is usually caused by a failed unsuccessful attempt at suicide, frequently brought on by stress.

• Like 1

24 year old Frenchman found hanging from a doorway...not suspicious say police !!!!!!

That is not what police said, but what Times of Malta said. Maybe time to read the original report?

Maybe time for both of you to read the OP. The comment was in regards to the older asthmatic dying, not the young people.

I'll help you.

People die, its the circle of life.

Yes but in Phuket it is an epidemic, They need to develop a vaccine for it

I would think it is epidemic all over the world?

Guess what? That doesn't help. I can read and I know what everyone posted. The quote function doesn't work properly so your quote isn't complete when I read it on an iPad and mine are not properly attributed.

Look at this one: I select quote and this is what you get...

It does help to readers, who can now read the exact quote (not this oen but the previous one) and your reply.

Makes sense to me.

Edited by stevenl

Maybe time for both of you to read the OP. The comment was in regards to the older asthmatic dying, not the young people.

And why would that be?

Two foreigners found dead in Saiyuan Rd, Phuket
Tanyaluk Sakoot

1367398630_1.jpg
Faetra Petillo. Photo: Facebook

PHUKET: Two foreigners were found dead in Saiyuan Rd, Rawai, yesterday (April 30), in separate cases.

The first was a young Frenchman, named by police as Dieu Yoann, 26, who was found hanged in a rented house in Saiyuan Rd, Rawai, at 5:30 yesterday evening.

His body was discovered by the owner of the house after she smelled something bad and went to check. Looking through a window she saw the corpse hanging from a door frame by a piece of telephone cable.

Called to the scene, police estimated that Mr Yoann had been dead about 10 days.

The owner of house told police that Mr Yoann had rented this house for a year. He had no job, instead living on family money and spending his time “hanging out”.

The body was taken to Vachira Phuket Hospital. Police said they would carry out an investigation to try to establish exactly how and why he died.

At 10 pm, the body of a 29-year-old American woman, Faetra Petillo, was found in a guesthouse in the same road. She was found face-down on her bed, wearing a shirt and underwear. There were no signs of violence, but police said her face was “very white”.

Ms Petillo, believed to be a freelance writer, editor and playwright from Brooklyn, is thought to have died not more than 12 hours before she was found, after having stayed just one day in the guesthouse.

The cause of her death is being investigated.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/two-foreigners-found-dead-in-saiyuan-rd-phuket-39087.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2013-05-01

Let's try and solve the issue with maths. Thailand had 22 million foreign visitors per year in 2012, who stayed 9.19 days on average. A human life is 29,200 days long, 80 years, 9.19 days are 0.0315% of this figure. 0.0315% of 22 million people is 6,924. There is the number of moribund foreigners in Thailand in 2012. 19 per day. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

I think we can all agree , younger expats seem to die of unnatural cause in LOS with alarming frequency. Stating the obvious...Ruling out foul play would be the least that should be done in respect of these people.

RIP