Three Expats Found Dead In Phuket

webfact

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's try and solve the issue with maths. Thailand had 22 million foreign visitors per year in 2012, who stayed 9.19 days on average. A human life is 29,200 days long, 80 years, 9.19 days are 0.0315% of this figure. 0.0315% of 22 million people is 6,924. There is the number of moribund foreigners in Thailand in 2012. 19 per day. coffee1.gif

Meaningless numbers unless you can provide the ratio of deaths by natural causes and deaths by misadventure.

A statistical analysis of the percentage of deaths by misadventure in Phuket against deaths in the remainder of Thailand would be VERY interesting.

When a Chap is found hanging in a doorway, it is usually caused by a failed unsuccessful attempt at suicide, frequently brought on by stress.

Not entirely true.. A certain farang going by the name of Michael Hutchins was found hanging in his hotel room - granted not in Thailand - caused by a failed attempt at auto-erotic asphyxiation...

a certain rather famous Farang named David Carradine was found hanging for obviously the same reason in a Bangkok hotel.

• Like 1

People die, its the circle of life.

Yes but in Phuket it is an epidemic, They need to develop a vaccine for it whistling.gif

I would think it is epidemic all over the world?

Not me steve, I'm living forever. :)

• Like 1

If I want free entertainment and a laugh at even the most mundane subjects, I have to count on the Thai Visa ex-pat forum to get a boost of humor. I don't know how you people do it. Now this is not an attack on anyone, but I wonder if you can retain this same sense of humor if one of your family members or friends dies in a similar fashion? But it's hilarious! I asked the Thai Visa editor if they were paying people to write funny comments but they replied that it just happens this way. Do any of you live in Phuket because it seems the Phuket News has no comments and much less humor--are all you funny people elsewhere in Thailand? Like Bangkok or Chiang Mai? Where do all these funny people live?

• Like 1

.Although not suspicious...

...The other expats are a 24-year-old Frenchman found hanging from a doorway...

Oh no, found hanging from a door is certainly not suspicious....

Moron alert!!!!!

Well hopefully they've gone to a better place.

Edited by animatic

If I want free entertainment and a laugh at even the most mundane subjects, I have to count on the Thai Visa ex-pat forum to get a boost of humor. I don't know how you people do it. Now this is not an attack on anyone, but I wonder if you can retain this same sense of humor if one of your family members or friends dies in a similar fashion? But it's hilarious! I asked the Thai Visa editor if they were paying people to write funny comments but they replied that it just happens this way. Do any of you live in Phuket because it seems the Phuket News has no comments and much less humor--are all you funny people elsewhere in Thailand? Like Bangkok or Chiang Mai? Where do all these funny people live?

They all live in Pattaya...because if you didn't have a sense of humour you probably couldn't stand living there.

The "circle of life" seems to revolve faster for some on Phuket.

RIP.

It does not matter one iota if it's Phuket or Pattaya. or anywhere else in the land of smiles. The real fact is that many "falangs" come to this country to escape their personal problems. Unfortunately their problems follow them, which leads to these tragic results. RIP to those people, I hope they find solace in wherever they go in the "after life".

hanging from a doorway?

Rose tinted special lucky doorways, unbelievable really isn't it.

Doorways are about 2.2 metres tall on average you only need to clear the floor by a millimetre, its not really relevant, hope the parents can live with the news, sorry for them.

Gotta love Thailand...

Heavy smoker and asthmatic

...so he was a smelly, wheezing, phlegm coughing 70 year old who lived in a dinghy little guesthouse room...

but he still HAD A GIRLFRIEND...

Phronesis you are obviously after beatification on the highway to sainthood.

24 year old Frenchman found hanging from a doorway...not suspicious say police !!!!!!

Boy scout practicing his knots, easily solvedblink.png

And just to be clear this is a "dig" at the police who I have little time for, especially today whilst driving and a "Highway police" car over took me whilst 2 cars coming the other way had to pull over to get out of their way, no lights no sirens no emergency.

Bit of respect wouldn't go amiss methinks.

I agree. I think that admonition should extend to people who can't resist the urge to make all sorts of assumptions and wild speculation about cause of death and so forth.

I reserve to right to make fun of those posters, which is distinctly different from any intended disrespect towards the deceased or those who cared for them. Moreover not sure how a joke about the professor and the candlestick is any worse than yours about boyscouts...

Edited by SteeleJoe

The "circle of life" seems to revolve faster for some on Phuket.

RIP.

It does not matter one iota if it's Phuket or Pattaya. or anywhere else in the land of smiles. The real fact is that many "falangs" come to this country to escape their personal problems. Unfortunately their problems follow them, which leads to these tragic results. RIP to those people, I hope they find solace in wherever they go in the "after life".

"The fact is that many farangs come to this country" - for a holiday, and end up causing themselves "personal problems."

Something wrong with the report about the Frenchman as door frames are usually encased in the concrete wall & also generally not high enough to hang oneself.

Yeah Generally - juist measured my door in the bedroom - 118 inches seeing I am 66 inches, plenty of room to hang myself, not that I have any reason to do that sort of thingthumbsup.gif

It is the duty of every civilized nation to provide an explanation for "the cause of death" and the explanation should not be contrived as a matter of convenience or economy.

• Like 1

It is the duty of every civilized nation to provide an explanation for "the cause of death" and the explanation should not be contrived as a matter of convenience or economy.

I agree, but it's easy to tell you do not live on Planet Phuket.