Sign in to follow this  
webfact

Three Expats Found Dead In Phuket

People die, its the circle of life.

hanging from a doorway?

• Like 1

hanging from a doorway?

Sometimes.

* Sometimes the only part of a home or room that will support any weight (or for other practical reasons) is a doorframe.

Edited by SteeleJoe

R.I.P to all !! It seems to me if you want to die go visit Phuket.

Let's try and solve the issue with maths. Thailand had 22 million foreign visitors per year in 2012, who stayed 9.19 days on average. A human life is 29,200 days long, 80 years, 9.19 days are 0.0315% of this figure. 0.0315% of 22 million people is 6,924. There is the number of moribund foreigners in Thailand in 2012. 19 per day. coffee1.gif

Meaningless numbers unless you can provide the ratio of deaths by natural causes and deaths by misadventure.

A statistical analysis of the percentage of deaths by misadventure in Phuket against deaths in the remainder of Thailand would be VERY interesting.

A suspicious death rate

that would be when there's more than one per person

;)

• Like 1

When a Chap is found hanging in a doorway, it is usually caused by a failed unsuccessful attempt at suicide, frequently brought on by stress.

Not entirely true.. A certain farang going by the name of Michael Hutchins was found hanging in his hotel room - granted not in Thailand - caused by a failed attempt at auto-erotic asphyxiation...

a certain rather famous Farang named David Carradine was found hanging for obviously the same reason in a Bangkok hotel.

• Like 1

Anyone want to bet me a beer that the autopsy on the American woman discovers traces of DEET?

I think you mean the chemical, chlorpyrifos (bed bug spray) made infamous from the serveral killed in The Down Town Inn - Chiang Mai a few years ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chlorpyrifos

Yes and stupidity kills, so we should all accept it?

Yes but in Phuket it is an epidemic, They need to develop a vaccine for it whistling.gif

I would think it is epidemic all over the world?

Not me steve, I'm living forever. :)

• Like 1

If I want free entertainment and a laugh at even the most mundane subjects, I have to count on the Thai Visa ex-pat forum to get a boost of humor. I don't know how you people do it. Now this is not an attack on anyone, but I wonder if you can retain this same sense of humor if one of your family members or friends dies in a similar fashion? But it's hilarious! I asked the Thai Visa editor if they were paying people to write funny comments but they replied that it just happens this way. Do any of you live in Phuket because it seems the Phuket News has no comments and much less humor--are all you funny people elsewhere in Thailand? Like Bangkok or Chiang Mai? Where do all these funny people live?

• Like 1