Phuket Foreigners. Who Needs Them?

webfact

If you work as a Dive Instructor with a work permit in Thailand, helping out the Government with a clean up, it is totally LEGAL.

They are extremely happy if you help them out, you will even get an certificate of joining the event with the compliment of the government.

Today I get the papers from the Chief of Krabi Administration Office in English and personally signed with a big thank you for participation.

He not even care if you have work permit or not, his office is not into checking this papers. He organize the clean up days for the environment.

He wants to promote Krabi and the coral reefs around the more than 150 Islands of Krabi.

If you not believe, send me a personal message and I invite you to join for free next event.

You would be surprised how friendly, joyful the Thais can be, and most of all for you bashing forum readers

IT IS FOR FREE,

• Like 2

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went on a reef clean up today. More than 100 Thais and from the 14 Dive centers in Ao Nang owned by foreigners there was zero participation as usual.

My friend, a tourist on holiday for 3 weeks, and me where the only farangs who participated in this clean up session.

If you do not want to immigrate in a country, complain whole day about the lack of experience, how lazy the Thais are etc etc can you expect the Thais will treat you will all the respect and regards because you bring in

a pension or take their jobs illegally?

If you go on holiday and want to speak your language, eat the same food your mother cooked, have the same standards as your house hold what the f... you call a holiday?

Before you immigrate in another country you can find lots and lots of information about the country, the rules, the scams etc etc.

If you stupid enough to think you are better than the Thais and want to live here and/ or work illegal well for me the Thais are much more educated than you.

In the last 2 weeks I've met 2 persons loosing the land and houses they build all in name of a Thai girl friend. Both men are warned several times by many people

to not put all in girls name. But they did not want to listing. Now complaints and bashing the Thais.

Inform yourself before you move to another country, get known with their rules and regulations. If they suit you life by it.

Stop complaining and bashing if you just followed your d... who had a good time during your holiday and give you the feeling you can live and/or work in another country.

You understand that you were working illigally. The dive shops have a wp for teaching diving not for cleaning a reef. Before posting nonsense understand the rules.

Which dive shop in Krabi has a work permits for Dive Instructor?

I don't work illgally, I now the rules.

Sorry my friend I do not post nonsense on this forum.

Check your information before you start telling nonsense.

"They are working because there are opportunities to do so, opportunities provided from a general capacity for foreign nationals to have greater social mobility. This is the world as it stands in 2013. Why they are working is an easy question to answer, why Thailand makes it so difficult for foreign workers to work legally is another."

Thailand makes it very easy for foreign nationals to legally work - much easier than other countries make for Thai nationals to do the same. If people want to work without visa/work permit here then, perhaps they should contact their own governments at home and tell them to introduce laws that allow Thai nationals to get an easy visa and work was they wish in that country

While I'm at it, perhaps I'll recommend my government make laws that says the price of admission to any museum / national park / national landmark be the same price for all nationalities except the Thais. They get to pay the special 'Thai price' to get into anything in my country, same way I have to pay the 'farang price,' which does not actually mean 'non-Thai.' It just means 'non-East Asian' and is a completely racist term and mindset.

Again, someone who doesn't get out and about very much. Lower Thai admission price hardly unusual. If you go to Disney World in CA, you pay a discounted admission price by simply producing your DL to prove you live in Orange County.

Same, same. Hardly uncommon all over the world - residents often pay less than tourists.

are you saying that if I go to a Thai national park and show my Thai driver's license, my work permit, my marriage certificate, my Thai children I'm going to pay the Thai price? you're dreaming. Now Nonthaburi residents with an ED visa have to get fingerprinted in Bangkok every 90 days in addition to verifying your address. So much for being a local.

"They are working because there are opportunities to do so, opportunities provided from a general capacity for foreign nationals to have greater social mobility. This is the world as it stands in 2013. Why they are working is an easy question to answer, why Thailand makes it so difficult for foreign workers to work legally is another."

Thailand makes it very easy for foreign nationals to legally work - much easier than other countries make for Thai nationals to do the same. If people want to work without visa/work permit here then, perhaps they should contact their own governments at home and tell them to introduce laws that allow Thai nationals to get an easy visa and work was they wish in that country

While I'm at it, perhaps I'll recommend my government make laws that says the price of admission to any museum / national park / national landmark be the same price for all nationalities except the Thais. They get to pay the special 'Thai price' to get into anything in my country, same way I have to pay the 'farang price,' which does not actually mean 'non-Thai.' It just means 'non-East Asian' and is a completely racist term and mindset.

Again, someone who doesn't get out and about very much. Lower Thai admission price hardly unusual. If you go to Disney World in CA, you pay a discounted admission price by simply producing your DL to prove you live in Orange County.

Same, same. Hardly uncommon all over the world - residents often pay less than tourists.

are you saying that if I go to a Thai national park and show my Thai driver's license, my work permit, my marriage certificate, my Thai children I'm going to pay the Thai price? you're dreaming. Now Nonthaburi residents with an ED visa have to get fingerprinted in Bangkok every 90 days in addition to verifying your address. So much for being a local.

When I go to a national park or such like, I usually show my licence, tax card or work permit and I pay the local price.

No problems,

If you go on holiday and want to speak your language, eat the same food your mother cooked, have the same standards as your house hold what the f... you call a holiday?

Under this logic, then no one would travel to countries other than those which speak their home language. Why shouldn't a Russian, Brazilian, Saudi, Italian, etc. not want to come on a holiday to the beaches of Phuket if they don't speak Thai or one of the languages that can be readily found in the Thai tourist industry?

Like it or not, if an area relies on tourism, and if they want to keep their customers happy, then they need people who speak their language. If Russians are coming, then there needs to be Russian-speaking guides to assist them. If Thais dont speak Russian, in this case, then they need to bring in Russian speakers to service those tourists.

I look to the tourist places in Europe and the USA where you can get guides who speak most of the languages that incoming tourists speak as an example.

These imported guides should apply for their work permit, of course, and be legal and above ground.

Ask one English or Great Britten to speak a second language and you would be surprised. The answer would be: NONE.

Please tell me one tourist site In Europe or USA where the speak Dutch except the Netherlands and northern Belgium?

FYI I was working 6 years in Radisson Hotel in Birmingham/UK and maybe Brits don't speak other languages then English (some of them do) but that's why management hired people from other countries... just to say on the Front Office we had receptionists from Poland, Russia, Spain, France etc to give our customers higher standard of service and comfort to communicate with out problems...

I remember one situation - famous football teams came to the hotel - Real Mallorca from Spain and at this time they didn't have any Spanish speakers on FO so even that I was working for different department they asked me to attend FO and help them in case some guests will have a problems communicate in English... as I used to live 3 years in Argentina before UK I can speak Spanish.

And I can name few places in UK that staff can speak Dutch :) One of them is Radisson in Manchester where is working my friend - she is Polish born in Amsterdam :P

If they don't get WP's them send them home, simple. Others of us have to go through the bulls@@T to get our passes approved. Let it be known though that Russian women are the flavour amongst Asian men, mainly cashed up Japanese and Koreans. Why would a Russian girl charge 5000bt a night, yet a pretty Thai 1000? I know which one I would choose any day of the week!

Thailand is going to be under siege as the wealth of the west goes to the east. People from all distinctions will flock here for many reasons and will call this place their home! The locals are going to do what ever is possible to stop the invasion and not just exploit it as is now happening. Having kids with Thai blood will help and having a Thai wife even more, but the more farangs that arrive, the tougher on the early arrivals it will be. Maybe a plastic surgeon specializing in making farangs look asian.?

Why go to that length.....let the chinese trod over Thailand, followed by the Indian, then the Koreans and the Japanese....... Perhaps Thais will then meet their match...

Maybe a little off topic...... I live in Pattaya but travel to Phuket often in the wet season to surf at Kata beach. Obviously Pattaya and Phuket are like chalk and cheese but t also amazes me how different the expat lifestyles are. I see expats on sitting on the beach in Kata and when I ask them what they do when not sitting on the beach the answer is usually: Nothing, we just sit on the beach.....What, no golf? Nah, too expensive! No chasing totty n Patong? Nah, too far and not easy to travel back at night....No cinema, bowling, wakeboard park?? Nah, too far....we just...sit on the beach...:-) I for one would get bored to death after a month of that even though I love the beach. Pattaya is ugly but it has as much or as little action as I want. Choices choices choices, that's what life is all about