After Five Months, Missing American Brett Bean Calls Home

webfact

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We ARE talking about a 43 year man here, not a 16 year old. He can pretty much do whatever-the-frig he wants if it's not illegal.

Not debating that.

Debating the fact its heartless to put your old parents through that.

I mean, she flew here and was later joined by her husband in a desperate search for him. He would have known about the media attention.

He didn't even have to talk to them. Just tell the police or a friend to tell them you're not interested in talking to them right now.

Would have saved everyone's time, his friends, the police. That's what's selfish.

Especially for a 43 year old man

Acting like a 16 year old. That's where the mental health aspect comes in.

43 year old should understand the ramifications of his actions if he is mentally stable.

Or simply doesnt give a sh!t

Sounds like a real winner then.

We ARE talking about a 43 year man here, not a 16 year old. He can pretty much do whatever-the-frig he wants if it's not illegal.

Not debating that.

I mean, she flew here and was later joined by her husband in a desperate search for him. He would have known about the media attention.

He didn't even have to talk to them. Just tell the police or a friend to tell them you're not interested in talking to them right now.

Would have saved everyone's time, his friends, the police. That's what's selfish.

Especially for a 43 year old man

Acting like a 16 year old. That's where the mental health aspect comes in.

43 year old should understand the ramifications of his actions if he is mentally stable.

Or simply doesnt give a sh!t

Sounds like a real winner then.

Not debating that.

Yes, and guys like this are usually the first to be there when the last will and testament is read.

• Like 1

So far we have heard from his mother and many posters, but his story we don't know yet.

I'll reserve judgement until I really know why and how.

Thats not the TV way! Suggest the most outlandishly constructed theory based on the most tenuous link possible & go from there. THATS the TV way smile.png

Of course when his disappearance was first announced on Thai Visa, the "plausible" speculative scenario posted in response was that his body had been dumped in some out of the way place by a nefarious Thai who couldn't buy his way out of killing a foreigner. [i'm not making that up. Go back and check].

The person who proposed that imaginary chain of events got annoyed when it was suggested that it was baseless nonsense, but that fiction will probably reside in the TV catalogue of heinous acts committed by Thais against foreigners that were never properly investigated or prosecuted by Thai authorities ... even though the reality appears to be nothing of the sort.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

'Karon Police inspector Chana Suttimard confirmed that police had not removed any of Mr Bean’s belongings from his rented bungalow.'

555, the first thing the police say is 'WE did not take anything from him'. I wonder how much is missing...

He's an adult and it's not for me (or you) to judge his actions. It's a personal thing between him and his family, none of my business!

Yeah ok. Let the police, media , parents and friends waste money and resources whilst he sulks in a corner. Imagine his family and friends feelings when they thought he was drowned a sea.

It became everyone's business once its all over the media.

I can't believe the amount of sympathy for his actions. Hope he has no friends left.

“If Brett Bean contacted his parents, the case is closed,” Lt Col Chana said after being contacted by the Gazette.

Weird... He has no passport and what about the 90 day reporting to Immigration during this period?

Maybe a creative solution for unlimited overstaying one's visa.

So far we have heard from his mother and many posters, but his story we don't know yet.

I'll reserve judgement until I really know why and how.

Yeah, like that is going to happen. This is TV, half stories, no conclusions and rantings of google hunters.

At least he called. Got to be quite an interesting family history here.

The guy is a jerk plain and simple. What 42 year old pulls this crap wasting everyone's time without a care. Obviously, he has grown up pampered and with little regard for others. Yep, jerk. A selfish, spoiled jerk.

• Like 1

He should seek treatment in a mental facility.

You wouldn't put the old parents through so much worry unless you're depressed or got something to hide from them.

Yes, he's either mental or extremely uncaring and inconsiderate.

I'd say it's you that's extremely uncaring and inconsiderate. Why else would you call someone mental when you don't even know them? Says a lot about you.

Agreed. I do not have the best relationship with my immediate family on my mothers side (I do not know my father), and often talk with my girlfriend about us returning to Thailand and breaking ties with them. My family have made it very clear that there will be no emotional nor financial reward to an ongoing relationship with them. So sometimes it feels better than breaking off the relationship than the day to day pain you get knowing that you are not really wanted as much as you would like to be. Maybe he has a similar issue. Maybe not.

But as another member stated it is best not to judge someone until you understand the situation they have been put in, or the situation they have put themselves in.

He's an adult and it's not for me (or you) to judge his actions. It's a personal thing between him and his family, none of my business!

Yeah ok. Let the police, media , parents and friends waste money and resources whilst he sulks in a corner. Imagine his family and friends feelings when they thought he was drowned a sea.

It became everyone's business once its all over the media.

I can't believe the amount of sympathy for his actions. Hope he has no friends left.

"police, media , parents and friends waste money and resources"...... We don't pay the police, parents and friends waste money because they wish to and, the media makes money! I understand how they all fit in (perhaps they should sue him to return their money) but, I still don't get how it's any of our business? Half of you are slagging the guy off and the other half are giving him sympathy and, ALL without anyone knowing the full story or having met the guy, incredible!!

He's an adult and it's not for me (or you) to judge his actions. It's a personal thing between him and his family, none of my business!Yeah ok. Let the police, media , parents and friends waste money and resources whilst he sulks in a corner. Imagine his family and friends feelings when they thought he was drowned a sea.It became everyone's business once its all over the media.I can't believe the amount of sympathy for his actions. Hope he has no friends left."police, media , parents and friends waste money and resources"...... We don't pay the police, parents and friends waste money because they wish to and, the media makes money! I understand how they all fit in (perhaps they should sue him to return their money) but, I still don't get how it's any of our business? Half of you are slagging the guy off and the other half are giving him sympathy and, ALL without anyone knowing the full story or having met the guy, incredible!!

Yet you post with more speculation.

• Like 1

My family have made it very clear that there will be no emotional nor financial reward to an ongoing relationship with them.

Why would there be a financial reward to having a relationship with your family?