After Five Months, Missing American Brett Bean Calls Home

webfact

He's an adult and it's not for me (or you) to judge his actions. It's a personal thing between him and his family, none of my business!Yeah ok. Let the police, media , parents and friends waste money and resources whilst he sulks in a corner. Imagine his family and friends feelings when they thought he was drowned a sea.It became everyone's business once its all over the media.I can't believe the amount of sympathy for his actions. Hope he has no friends left."police, media , parents and friends waste money and resources"...... We don't pay the police, parents and friends waste money because they wish to and, the media makes money! I understand how they all fit in (perhaps they should sue him to return their money) but, I still don't get how it's any of our business? Half of you are slagging the guy off and the other half are giving him sympathy and, ALL without anyone knowing the full story or having met the guy, incredible!!

Yet you post with more speculation.

No he doesn't, there's no speculation at all in his post.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My family have made it very clear that there will be no emotional nor financial reward to an ongoing relationship with them.

Why would there be a financial reward to having a relationship with your family?

We are in Thailand.

There seems to be a lot of "financial reward" to be in the foreigner's "family" around here. :) :)

He should seek treatment in a mental facility.

You wouldn't put the old parents through so much worry unless you're depressed or got something to hide from them.

FYI Americans are divorced from their parents at age 18... Any contact after that is usually chancey... For example, I do not see my Mother for years at a time - last in 1996 I believe.

• Like 1

Ok, I will be the first to say it. He was probably on some kind of drug binge (meth).

I haven't read the rest of the posts on here, but my first thought was he is somewhere in Issan with his new found true love. That was a willy nilly guess because why in the world would he leave his passport, DL and every thing else behind. And I'm sure by now, his visa has expired, can't get out of the country, so sooner or later he has to emerge. Then we will know and I bet it's something stupid. Just my guess. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Ok, I will be the first to say it. He was probably on some kind of drug binge (meth).

More likely dressed in saffron in a wat.
Both? Seriously, why is everyone commenting on something in which they have no knowledge

He should seek treatment in a mental facility.

You wouldn't put the old parents through so much worry unless you're depressed or got something to hide from them.

FYI Americans are divorced from their parents at age 18... Any contact after that is usually chancey... For example, I do not see my Mother for years at a time - last in 1996 I believe.
Not all Americans are like you!! I speak to my mom via Skype 2 or 3 times a month and when I stay in the USA I usually stay with her for 1-2 weeks.

My sister calls my mom weekly. So just because you divorced your partners, does not mean every American does the same!

• Like 1

We ARE talking about a 43 year man here, not a 16 year old. He can pretty much do whatever-the-frig he wants if it's not illegal.

Not debating that.

Debating the fact its heartless to put your old parents through that.

I mean, she flew here and was later joined by her husband in a desperate search for him. He would have known about the media attention.

He didn't even have to talk to them. Just tell the police or a friend to tell them you're not interested in talking to them right now.

Would have saved everyone's time, his friends, the police. That's what's selfish.

Especially for a 43 year old man

Acting like a 16 year old. That's where the mental health aspect comes in.

43 year old should understand the ramifications of his actions if he is mentally stable.

Ski bums are a different breed and yes, quite capable of being extremely self-centered and inconsiderate to anyone else. It's part of the life style. I've known several and they all pretty much demonstrate the same behavior.

.. unless he is a Freudian slip in a time warp. ....

That is an interesting comment. I wish I understood it.

I've seen Karen Bravo translate gibberish, we might need him on the case.

Overall, until we hear from aforementioned Mr. Bean, we'll not understand why he put the scare into poor old Mum, and had her spend money looking for him.

And until he explains this, I'm with the other TV members here that say he is self centered, selfish, jerk who doesn't deserve to have people that care about him. As*hole, really.....

• Like 1

We ARE talking about a 43 year man here, not a 16 year old. He can pretty much do whatever-the-frig he wants if it's not illegal.

Not debating that.

I mean, she flew here and was later joined by her husband in a desperate search for him. He would have known about the media attention.

He didn't even have to talk to them. Just tell the police or a friend to tell them you're not interested in talking to them right now.

Would have saved everyone's time, his friends, the police. That's what's selfish.

Especially for a 43 year old man

Acting like a 16 year old. That's where the mental health aspect comes in.

43 year old should understand the ramifications of his actions if he is mentally stable.

Or simply doesnt give a sh!t

Sounds like a real winner then.

Not debating that.

Yes, and guys like this are usually the first to be there when the last will and testament is read.

How much did i get? :)

What visa does he have, and will he repay the costs for all the people he inconvenienced? I would like to wrap his surfboard over his unworthy head, but boards are scarce around here!

Surfboard to the head? All those he "inconvenienced"? That would presumably include all those that wasted precious minutes of their lives posting their baseless speculations here I guess.
But let's summarize here. A 'story' that was posted by the local 'news' outlets (those same outlets that are quite often the butt of jokes on this forum), 'reports' that some dude didn't call his mommy.
What exactly made this particular dude notable, or why anyone should care if he called his mommy or not, is not quite clear. But anyway, after a few months he does call his mommy, which once again is 'reported' as 'news'.
80-odd speculative, and some downright inane posts later, we have this dude deserving of being whacked with a surfboard and repaying "costs" to the untold numbers of folks that he has "inconvenienced".
Y'all have way too much time on your hands.
  • Like 2

What visa does he have, and will he repay the costs for all the people he inconvenienced? I would like to wrap his surfboard over his unworthy head, but boards are scarce around here!

Surfboard to the head? All those he "inconvenienced"? That would presumably include all those that wasted precious minutes of their lives posting their baseless speculations here I guess.

But let's summarize here. A 'story' that was posted by the local 'news' outlets (those same outlets that are quite often the butt of jokes on this forum), 'reports' that some dude didn't call his mommy.

What exactly made this particular dude notable, or why anyone should care if he called his mommy or not, is not quite clear. But anyway, after a few months he does call his mommy, which once again is 'reported' as 'news'.

80-odd speculative, and some downright inane posts later, we have this dude deserving of being whacked with a surfboard and repaying "costs" to the untold numbers of folks that he has "inconvenienced".

Oh man, you hit that nail right on the head, good job +1 Edited by Buckaroo

Maybe because his parents flew out from the USA because he didn't get off the flight in the USA that he was due to be on.

His passport and all possessions left in his room and he had disappeared. Very understandable that his parents thought he was dead.

Would you put your own parents through that, when all it would take is one lousy phone call, or an email?

Maybe because his parents flew out from the USA because he didn't get off the flight in the USA that he was due to be on.

His passport and all possessions left in his room and he had disappeared. Very understandable that his parents thought he was dead.

Would you put your own parents through that, when all it would take is one lousy phone call, or an email?

What he said + 1.

What he said + 1.

+2

Yes, I understand that. My point is, so what? Not any of my business what anyones relationship with their mother/family is.

If anyone should care it would be him, and he apparently didn't care. None of my (or anyone's) business.

Yes, I understand that. My point is, so what? Not any of my business what anyones relationship with their mother/family is.

If anyone should care it would be him, and he apparently didn't care. None of my (or anyone's) business.

Righto...............