Declaring Agriculture When Selling Land - A Problem?

Declaring Agriculture When Selling Land - a problem?

About to buy some rice paddy land which we will fill in and build on.

The seller wants to declare the land as agricultural which it is now so that sounds OK.

Will this slow down a building permit or create any other problem?

Get a lawyer, if the seller is insisting on this, it can't be to your benefit

Thank you.

what title is the land? is it title 5 or Chanote or one of the other 4 titles

if your a foreigner you cant buy the land - so be careful as it will need to be in the wifes name

you can own the house you are going to build but need contracts for this

you need a Will so that if wife dies you can get the land back and then have 12 months to sell it (if you can)

PM me

Thank you.

if your a foreigner you cant buy the land - so be careful as it will need to be in the wifes name

you need a Will so that if wife dies you can get the land back and then have 12 months to sell it (if you can)

PM me

Thank you all is well.

The land is chanote and we have purchased it and it will go to my children in the future (who are Thai)

No need for me to own the building or land.

Thank you.

PM me

Thank you all is well.

The land is chanote and we have purchased it and it will go to my children in the future (who are Thai)

No need for me to own the building or land.

just put a bankrupt guy on the plane for thinking this way

he lost 12 million baht when the wife got a new boyfriend and they both kicked him out as he had no contracts in place

the Chanote is in her name, I assume as she is Thai and can own land?

Have you seen the document?

can you read/speak Thai or are they doing it all for you?

Have you been to the Land Office and checked it out?

Also building the house - your are financing this?

and you want to Will the assets to the children?

there are no trust laws in Thailand

however the is a way to make sure that if something happens to you the children will still have an asset when they reach the age of 21

you need contracts in place to protect you and the kids future

i hear many (slightly thai brainwashed) people speak : good farang cannot buy land ... and why is that ? thais can buy land in our countries, can't they ?

strange to hear such a thai licking people ... would you buy land and put a house on it, in your home country if you cannot own anything ?

2% of the people in most countries own 90% of everything anyway, and in this country, those 2% are most likely to be 2nd, 3rd, 4th generation chinese immigrants

i hear many (slightly thai brainwashed) people speak : good farang cannot buy land ... and why is that ? thais can buy land in our countries, can't they ?

strange to hear such a thai licking people ... would you buy land and put a house on it, in your home country if you cannot own anything ?

2% of the people in most countries own 90% of everything anyway, and in this country, those 2% are most likely to be 2nd, 3rd, 4th generation chinese immigrants

why is ?

the law is the law

you are in Thailand and those are the Laws

when in Rome do as the Romans do

play by the rules and you can do most things

I dont want to get off topic but even in Australia your house sits on land that you dont really own

if the Government decides it wants the land's minerals then your out!

the smart money that came to Thailand years ago married into the Thai people and had kids. These kids are now the owners of the Land. ie the Chinese and the Indians

Cant blame them for planning ahead - as the old saying goes fail to plan plan to fail

I am just pointing out some legal framework that may assist the OP so that hes not left out in the cold with nothing

I get cases every day like this and so fore warned is fore armed

I would be more concerned that you get a Chanote, which makes the land legal to sell. There are many rice farms that have been given to the farmers and they cannot legally sell them for 20 years. At least that is how my wife has described the situation to me.

"the Chanote is in her name, I assume as she is Thai and can own land?

Have you seen the document?

can you read/speak Thai or are they doing it all for you?

Have you been to the Land Office and checked it out?

Also building the house - your are financing this?

and you want to Will the assets to the children?

there are no trust laws in Thailand

however the is a way to make sure that if something happens to you the children will still have an asset when they reach the age of 21

you need contracts in place to protect you and the kids future"

I think there is a misunderstanding - my wife is using her money that she earned not my money so why would the chanote be in my name? Also we have been married for a long time and if I died (or anything else) I would want her to have the land even if it was with my money.

My wife's Thai family is very friendly and her parents have never been given any money as they have more money than we do.

Actually there are laws in Thailand that clearly state who gets what without a will but we will have multiple wills and trusts to keep everything smoothly working in the hopefully distant future.

Yes, I have seen the chanote (and the back) as I like to carefully look at the survey numbers and match them to the ones in the ground.

Yes, I have been to the land office for the transaction as is typically required. It was a very quick and well organized transfer. Although the seller did try to cheat my wife with the transfer fees - I am very proud to say that she did not let that happen. She caught what he was trying to do and softly told him to forget it...