Phuket Beach Party Ends With Shotgun Blast

webfact

Phuket beach party ends with shotgun blast
Phuket Gazette

PHUKET: -- A man enjoying a laid-back beach party with friends at Kalim, north of Patong Beach, last night managed to push away a shotgun that was pointed at his head just before it went off.

Khatawut Sangngam, 23, was with friends on Kalim Beach (map here) when three men rode by them on motorbikes, looked them over, and rode on.

“Five minutes later, they came back,” Mr Khatawut told police.

“They said ‘Who hurt my nong [younger brother/sister]?’

“Then one of them pointed a shotgun at my head. I pushed the barrel away just before it went off,” Mr Khatawut said.

“Then the man turned the gun around and used the stock to hit me in the face. When people started to gather, the men left,” he added.

Patong Police were called to the scene – in front of the Patong Lodge Hotel – at 12:30am, but did not find Mr Khatawut there, as he had been rushed to Patong Hospital by his friends.

“We found two pairs of sandals, a spent shotgun shell, and blood on the footpath in the area,” said Sub Lt Pattapee Srichay.

Police questioned Mr Khatawut at the hospital, where he was being treated for a broken nose.

“We have collected evidence and will continue questioning the witnesses. We suspect there is a dispute between the two groups,” Lt Pattapee said.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Phuket-beach-party-ends-with-shotgun-blast-20972.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-05-07

~~~We suspect there is a dispute between the two groups,” Lt Pattapee said.~~~

Thanks Lt. Not quite sure what conclusion we would have drawn if you hadn't used your finely tuned detective skills.

Next week, there will be a press release stating that it was all a misunderstanding and there was no shotgun involved - just a motorbike backfiring - so the tourist continue to feel safe. smile.pngsmile.png

Edited by NamKangMan

i guess dusting off fingerprints from the shotgun shelf would be too much to ask...

so one guy might have hit this crazy guy's nong, and that is a reason to almost shoot someone else, most possibly one that has nothing to do with, just for the sake of it

off course, the thai boyish men, can only fight like a crazy dog pack... one on one, with no knife, club, broken bottle or gun is out of the question