Where To Buy Remote Control Sliding Gate Closer Equip. In Cm?

scorecard

Already searched at HomePro and a couple of smaller DIY home shops but prefer to see some more options and prices.

(Home Pro at BIG C Extra cheapest price currently 29,000Baht without installation, plus 1,000Baht for 5 metre track, plus 1,900Baht for red warming light, plus 2,000Baht each for actual remotes - seems to me to be very expensive.)

Global say they don't stock this equipment any more (but I'm not sure if this is just laziness on the part of the staff).

Would appreciate if other CM Members could please share any experiences / shop names / addresses with this equipment.

Thanks.

Buy a cheap one and it is expensive because of endless repairs.

AC CAS Group Co. Ltd.

422/21 Changklan Rd

053 280 354

They have the Beninca brand which is good and they install and service but service needs are infrequent. I know others who are also satisfied with them.

Call them and they will come out and show you options and prices but probably there is one model best for the weight of your gate.

I recently posted a thread on this very topic, and got some good information.

Global House - still had the motors a week or so ago but they didn't have any of the toothed 1 meter long bars to attach to the door. The motors were discounted to 9K Baht +, which is a really good price. I already have one and it works fine. Two visits to Global House talking to various staff including the counter in front and everyone says they are not going to reorder the bars and are getting out of this business.

The only other place I found the remote control gate openers was Home Mart and they were over 30K Baht. They wouldn't sell me the toothed bars separately either, bummers.

I'm giving up for the time being and just letting my wife do the gate chore, as suggested by one of the astute TV members.

If you do find anything, I'd be interested in knowing, and hope you will post it.

I should probably check that Beninca mentioned by Dante.

Edited by huli

Try PAT for the tooth racks. Across from rimping ruamchok Maejo road. They may sell u the rack parts. I bought a setup from them about 9k a promo at the time. Chinese of course but been in 2 yrs no problem. Put in myself and my gate is only half the weight of the max weight rated for motor.

Global House - still had the motors a week or so ago but they didn't have any of the toothed 1 meter long bars to attach to the door. The motors were discounted to 9K Baht +, which is a really good price. I already have one and it works fine. Two visits to Global House talking to various staff including the counter in front and everyone says they are not going to reorder the bars and are getting out of this business.

The only other place I found the remote control gate openers was Home Mart and they were over 30K Baht. They wouldn't sell me the toothed bars separately either, bummers.

I'm giving up for the time being and just letting my wife do the gate chore, as suggested by one of the astute TV members.

If you do find anything, I'd be interested in knowing, and hope you will post it.

Just went to Global House, right now they have a special on 'Foresee' brand from China' :

- Price 9,350Baht for the motor, fittings, 2 remote controls. Only one model, salesman says it can easily

cope with a standard 5 metre wide sliding steel gate. (Not sure if the salesman really is knowledgable)

- Track is NOT included - extra at 410Baht per metre. Track can be bought alone at same price.

- Warning lamp is extra 940Baht.

- Has an inbuilt detector to make instant stop if the actual gate hits something during closing process.

- Can buy extra sensor system to trigger instant stop if something breaks the sensor signal during closing - 1,000Baht.

- Can switch off and operate manually is there is an electricity blackout.

- Can be set to allow manual pedestrian access, up to 1.5metres maximum opening.

- 2 remote controls come standard, extra remotes available at 490Baht each.

- No installation or on-going service available.

- If you visit Global to look, look for the massively big row number high up on the big shelving - Row number 9. Just

under the start of row 9 (in a more open area) you will quickly spot a big stand / display of whipper snippers. The auto

gate equipment is next to that stand.

I might add, the first salesman I spoke to said they don't stop any of this equipment any more and walked away. Then by accident I found

what I've detailed above, and a different salesman on the spot tried hard to be helpful.

--------------

Two days ago I went to Thai Watsadu on the Superhighway. They have several brands, right now some promotion offers

on an Italian / Chinese brand called PAT.

PAT have a representative in CM and they will come to the house and check the size & weight of the gate and recommend

what size motor is suitable. They can arrange installation if you wish at a subsidized cost. All comes with one year warranty

and free service if needed.

For my needs, 5 metre standard steel sliding gate - price would be 12,400Baht which includes 4 metres of track. Extra

track is available at 600Baht per metre.

- Warning lamp extra at 1,900Baht

- Two remote controls come with the machine, extra remotes available at 800Baht each.

- Extra sensor system to trigger instant stop if something breaks the sensor signal during closing - 2,800Baht.

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

Just went to Global House, right now they have a special on 'Foresee' brand from China' :

- Price 9,350Baht for the motor, fittings, 2 remote controls. Only one model, salesman says it can easily

cope with a standard 5 metre wide sliding steel gate. (Not sure if the salesman really is knowledgable)

- Track is NOT included - extra at 410Baht per metre. Track can be bought alone at same price.

- Warning lamp is extra 940Baht.

- Has an inbuilt detector to make instant stop if the actual gate hits something during closing process.

- Can buy extra sensor system to trigger instant stop if something breaks the sensor signal during closing - 1,000Baht.

- Can switch off and operate manually is there is an electricity blackout.

- Can be set to allow manual pedestrian access, up to 1.5metres maximum opening.

- 2 remote controls come standard, extra remotes available at 490Baht each.

- No installation or on-going service available.

- If you visit Global to look, look for the massively big row number high up on the big shelving - Row number 9. Just

under the start of row 9 (in a more open area) you will quickly spot a big stand / display of whipper snippers. The auto

gate equipment is next to that stand.

I might add, the first salesman I spoke to said they don't stop any of this equipment any more and walked away. Then by accident I found

what I've detailed above, and a different salesman on the spot tried hard to be helpful.

--------------

Two days ago I went to Thai Watsadu on the Superhighway. They have several brands, right now some promotion offers

on an Italian / Chinese brand called PAT.

PAT have a representative in CM and they will come to the house and check the size & weight of the gate and recommend

what size motor is suitable. They can arrange installation if you wish at a subsidized cost. All comes with one year warranty

and free service if needed.

For my needs, 5 metre standard steel sliding gate - price would be 12,400Baht which includes 4 metres of track. Extra

track is available at 600Baht per metre.

- Warning lamp extra at 1,900Baht

- Two remote controls come with the machine, extra remotes available at 800Baht each.

- Extra sensor system to trigger instant stop if something breaks the sensor signal during closing - 2,800Baht.

Ask any salesman at any hardware store in Thailand a question which is not related to breakfast, lunch or dinner and you will get a negative answer.

As for the Foresee sold at Global I have installed one for 2 years now and have had no issues so far.

• 5 months later...

Just to let you know I have this brand in my rental house, installed 3 years ago to replace a broken one..

The unit has been perfect, the installation and gate are crap but thats not the motor / sensor / remotes fault.

Just to let you know I have this brand in my rental house, installed 3 years ago to replace a broken one..

The unit has been perfect, the installation and gate are crap but thats not the motor / sensor / remotes fault.

Quality seems ok from what have seen > pic taken at Global >

IMG_7150.JPG

Try PAT for the tooth racks. Across from rimping ruamchok Maejo road. They may sell u the rack parts. I bought a setup from them about 9k a promo at the time. Chinese of course but been in 2 yrs no problem. Put in myself and my gate is only half the weight of the max weight rated for motor.

Also have the PAT equipment, bought as a promotion package from Thai Watsidu, total about 22XXX including installation which they did professionally and they were all well organized. Five minutes after the agreed time for the installation team (from PAT) to turn up the sales lady from Thai Watsadu called to check everything was going well. One year on and no problems. Three months after installation the installer man was in our village installing at another house. He took the trouble to drop by and ask if everything was OK.

My understanding is the PAT equipment is all Italian design, made under license in China.

I just called FES in Pattaya they are selling remote, the price is 1000 bahts. They are located on Sukhumvit between Buntawan/Koncept and PTT gas station: http://www.fes.in.th/map_en.html

If FES is selling a remote for 1000 Baht, that mean it's only the handheld part which is available on Ebay for 150 Baht, because last time I asked them for a remote it was 3400 Baht for the set.

^ PS ... more info please. I think when ours was installed they said an extra remote would be 1500 (??), I figured they could be found online cheaper, but havent looked yet. Whats needed, and where have you found it??

At your service.

Make your choice.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_sop=15&_nkw=gate+remote&rt=nc&LH_BIN=1

You have to look what frequency your original remote is 315 MHz or 433 MHz . On the mainboard from your gate motor is a button to "learn" the remote. It will be explained in your manual.

That's all.

• 6 years later...

After five plus years the engine does not fully close the gate. Had the circuit board replaced for 3000+ baht. Found something similar for 7,000 and 10,000 on Lazada. Will as the previous installer to install the new opener. Bought it at a shop near Payap University but the shop may no longer be there. Additional remotes were 1000 baht.

Suthin Alloy Automatic Gates is replacing my motor this week (waiting for part to come as I type this) after 15 years of use.  The motor comes with two remotes and he said our old remotes will continue to work.  The new motor comes with a self charging battery for power outages.  I am also replacing the wheels under the gate as it takes quite a bit of effort to open it when the motor is disengaged.

The new motor slightly higher than the old one, so they will remove the existing toothed track and weld it back on at the new height.

Total cost hardware and labor is 27,000 baht.  I attached the motor brochure.

Suthin Alloy Automatic Gates

33/5 Moo 9, T. Sansainoi, A. Sansai

Telephone 053-491102, 081-993-6710

email:   [email protected]

Gate Motor DEA SLD424HSD.jpg