Simple visa questions

I want a visa that will be good for a year if possible. I can get a company to write me an appropriate letter but it is not realistic that I will end up employed by them. Thus, would I be able to repeat the process after one year (and year after that, etc.)? I currently work in Intl trade and want to be able to travel around but be "based" in Thailand.

Or, is it possible (better) to just use Non Imm B visa's and just keep renewing them each three months outside of Thailand? How long would I be allowed to do this?

A third question- I understand a year visa is available for people who make a deposit of 3 million Baht. Assuming this amount could be borrowed, would this be an easier alternative. My goal is to keep the process as simple as possible and have the stay period be as long as possible. I've worked there before with a work permit but that option is no longer available to me. In this case a law firm I use would do the paper work for me.

I'm  under 50,  so don't qualify for that visa. From the US. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I want a visa that will be good for a year if possible. I can get a company to write me an appropriate letter but it is not realistic that I will end up employed by them. Thus, would I be able to repeat the process after one year (and year after that, etc.)? I currently work in Intl trade and want to be able to travel around but be "based" in Thailand.

Or, is it possible (better) to just use Non Imm B visa's and just keep renewing them each three months outside of Thailand? How long would I be allowed to do this?

The best you can do is to be issued a NON-B guarantee letter,

an example is here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/332.0.html

Take that letter and go and see a visa friendly Thai consulate, and ask for a Non-Immigrant Visa "B" with multiple entries. Which consulate? Not available in Asia normally, Use the search function on this forum and serach for Hull, Brisbane or Houston.

Remember that the issuing company are saying that they are "planning to emply you". They could change their minds along the road without penalty...

Where do you stay now?

A multi entry NON keeps you going 90+90+90+90+90 days = 15 months with visa runs every 89 days.

Forget the 3 million Baht deposit visa. Too much paperwork for you, if you are not living here and can apply in person...

Thank you. I'm now in the States. After looking at some other posts, I am wondering if there is anyone "here" who works in the dive industry. How easy/difficult would it be to get a job as an instructor (PADI Open Water)? I would like to try to combine a hobby with work and can easily work out out of Puket. I welcome any thoughts. Thanks.

Hi, i also do the diving thing, and as far as i've been told, unless your an instructor there is no money to be earned in thailand diving.

is there any way to get round having a company write a letter of employment for you ? i dont know any company in thailand as im in the UK.  

also i will be travelling to HULL for my visa, is there a way to get a NON B ?

I guess someone can advise you re the letter. I have my own opinion but I am not, by any means, an authority on the subject. That said, if you wanted to get creative, you might contact companies in your actual area of work, explain that you would like to pursue an appropriate business project (export or rep their product(s) for example) and thus need a letter to get a visa to visit them. However, if you misrepresent your intentions to them, it's my opinion you will be asking for very extensive and serious backlash. I can't overstate my opinion on this. If you don't have a viable business plan, or don't know what your talking about (Intl trade has it's own lingo) they will know after only a few minutes of discussion with you. My other thought, and again, ask the actual experts, is to contact a law firm and ask them to handle it. But if they scew up- you will pay the penalty. Plus, they will charge you for their services anyway. If I were you, I'd go on a tourist visa, make the appropriate friends/employment contacts, then change to the correct visa later.

Per diving- why don't you start a tread on this? Could be fun!

Dr., very true. My intent (well meant but irrelevent too) was to suggest you guys made clear that no matter what people do, they have to be very careful not to mislead companies about their intentions. But that's for you- sorry. And you are correct, I did mean he/she would have to make a trip out to get a new visa (tourist to Non Imm) but I did that when I had my first job offer after having made the appropriate contacts after being there a while as a "tourist" and it was a good excuse to go shopping in Singapore.

Anyway, that's just me and again, I want to be sure you understand I know you are the experts and who I come to for advice!