Foreigner Beaten By Tuk-Tuk Drivers After Not Paying Extortionate Fee At Karaoke Bar

webfact

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It amazes me how uneducated long term expats are about the Karaoke scene in Chiang Mai and how it actually works. If you're a long term expat why you getting a tuk tuk driver to take you anywhere anyway? I've been to every single Karaoke there is in Chiang Mai never had a problem and i'm sorry but karaoke is not just for Thai's and japanese.

Would you share your knowledge? It sounds like it would be possible to go and not get into trouble if I know how things worked.

I've got the basics from the other posts. You pay for every minute a girl sits with you. Pay for every drink as it comes. Have lot's of money on hand. What else?

I'd love to share but Thai Visa won't allow me to post links to information that would help people in this area

It amazes me how uneducated long term expats are about the Karaoke scene in Chiang Mai and how it actually works. If you're a long term expat why you getting a tuk tuk driver to take you anywhere anyway? I've been to every single Karaoke there is in Chiang Mai never had a problem and i'm sorry but karaoke is not just for Thai's and japanese.

Would you share your knowledge? It sounds like it would be possible to go and not get into trouble if I know how things worked.

I've got the basics from the other posts. You pay for every minute a girl sits with you. Pay for every drink as it comes. Have lot's of money on hand. What else?

I'd love to share but Thai Visa won't allow me to post links to information that would help people in this area

How about trying "search image with google" using ThaiSold's avatar.

Edited by morocco

• 2 months later...

tingtongfarang, on 08 May 2013 - 15:32, said:

worked for a friend of mine in a similar situation, he walked in the hotel and the security did,nt allow the thai guys in...friend also was,nt a guest so he walked through and out the door on the next soi.

I find it very hard to believe that security did not allow Thai guys to enter hotel.

I also do not know too many hotels with walk through and exists on both sides, kind of compromises the security just a little bit

windsor hotel...often they refuse entry to thai females ...hookers or not, i dont imagine they would allow 2 thai guys covered in tattoos and 2 kg of amulets hanging around the neck.

is it windsor hotel in bkk? That's where the famous scratch dog club is at the basement.