BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
webfact

Foreigner Beaten By Tuk-Tuk Drivers After Not Paying Extortionate Fee At Karaoke Bar

Always a bad idea to go to these bars. especially by tuk tuks who are on the bars pay roll

Thais are well known as being cowards. They will only fight in packs.

This sort of thing happens on a regular basis, they are just "low lifes"

It is not the 'Land of Smiles' it is the 'Land of Scams'

• Like 1

How was the fee made overboard to 17000 baht, cant you pay as your go & ask price before the drinking or order is taken?

It happened to acquaintance of mine & he was only buying a girl a drink, but before it arrived he demanded the price and it was a glass of champayne. We were told 5000 baht & canceled before it arrived, left our remaining bill and got out of the place... Tuk tuk drivers even make a situation worse unless you know them & pay them well for there time NO BS made clear in the agreement..

C’mon guys what happened to your lenience towards a little example of Thainess and Thai tradition? As long as the Tuk-Tuk drivers don’t topple the government, what is the problem?

C’mon guys what happened to your lenience towards a little example of Thainess and Thai tradition? As long as the Tuk-Tuk drivers don’t topple the government, what is the problem?

Eh. rolleyes.gif ..........................coffee1.gif

This is the future, everywhere in Thailand.

Relates to the government saying, you can have everything.

The extortionists, CM, PTY, BKK have also noticed, no customers. Steal while we can.

Reference, Soii 6, 7, 8, Pattaya, and Bkk's empty tourist areas.

B4 Thailand was fun. Now they all think they can be rich, courtesy farang.

Goodnite and byebye to yer spending tourists.

Enjoy the Indians and Chinese.

• Like 1

<< Off topic post deleted from reply >>

just pay the 100B as each drink comes....

just pay for the 100 baht drink as each one comes. lol you've never been to karaoke before have you?

Every night my wife owns 1 now, but you don't read posts properly do you? he is talking about a bar in Patpong not a karaoke....

18°46'31.90" N 98°59'56.19" E

I walk by there sometimes. Pause like I thinking of going in.

Mumble about BIG MONEY and GOLD

Then right before going in I say

have to go sorry. Next time. Tomorrow. Thanks. Bye

It's fun to check out the girls in front. Can never have enough images for the spank bank.

Just imagine how many Thai people get beat up or robbed? and it never makes our English news.

Edited by CobraSnakeNecktie

Tell them the cash is in your hotel room at any 5 star hotel. Once safely inside, the hotel will help. Happened to a thwarted jet ski scam attempt in Pattaya.

How and why hotel will help?

How would they help? I suspect the hotel management would take a dim view of a foreigner getting beaten up on their premises.

If you not a hotel guest, why would management take any view? You see many people running over to help when people get belted?

Obviously it's not guarantee not being whipped, but bringing them "out of the darkness" so to speak will give a far greater chance of not being beaten than letting them take you to a place of their choosing. Instead of being stubborn, let's ask this... You're in the same situation, where would you rather end up... At your hotel, or in the alley of their choosing? Now you're been enlightened.

• Like 1

This is the future, everywhere in Thailand.

Relates to the government saying, you can have everything.

The extortionists, CM, PTY, BKK have also noticed, no customers. Steal while we can.

Reference, Soii 6, 7, 8, Pattaya, and Bkk's empty tourist areas.

B4 Thailand was fun. Now they all think they can be rich, courtesy farang.

Goodnite and byebye to yer spending tourists.

Enjoy the Indians and Chinese.

No problems with wanting to be rich, if they play it right they surely can be.

The problem with the Thais is that they want to be rich overnight.

• Like 1

And no, it is not just a few bad apples, virtually every tuk tuk driver in the country is a scumbag!

....Yup, the cockroaches of the motorway. wai.gif

(Are Westerners always to blame.......and Thais blameless in the countless crimes they perpetrate, especially against foreigners ...)

Yup, it's their country,they have the given-right to rip-off non-Thais whistling.gif

I had this happen to me in a Karaoke bar in Bangkok a few years back. They basically overcharged me for drinks but I refused to pay the full fee. I saw a couple of guys around me but not being totally wasted I knew I would have given them a very bad beating and they could tell it was not going be an easy profit for them. They threatened with the police and I told them to call. I ended up giving them less than what they asked for and quickly made my way out the door with no damages. Lesson learned since it was the first time in a karaoke bar in Thailand and last.