Salt Water Parks

jackinbkk

When I was in Phuket there was an expat fishing guide who used to take tourists to a salt water fishing park with grouper and I think he said barramundi?

It sounded pretty good fun and apparently the fish were really aggressive. A great fight on light gear.

So I'm just wondering if anyone here has fished any salt water venues? Are they popular in coastal provinces???

Never heard of a salt water lake on Phuket, as far as I am aware there is only one fishing venue on Phuket and that should be given a wide berth!!

Yes this one was up in Phang nga but in my research at the time there was at least another in Krabi and Singapore has that cool little GT pond.

In a Florida fishing tornament last month some guys have been pulling in up to 10 Goliath grouper a session from beaches in 200 to 400lb ranges. That's got to be an awesome fight!

There are some fishing parks in Taiwan stocked with huge grouper.

Edited by jackinbkk

Never heard of a salt water lake on Phuket, as far as I am aware there is only one fishing venue on Phuket and that should be given a wide berth!!

Yes this one was up in Phang nga but in my research at the time there was at least another in Krabi and Singapore has that cool little GT pond.

In a Florida fishing tornament last month some guys have been pulling in up to 10 Goliath grouper a session from beaches in 200 to 400lb ranges. That's got to be an awesome fight!

Do they return these huge groupers to the sea?

The guys in Florida? Yes. I think they are protected.

Most sharks are returned as well. It's usually catch and release even if you are allowed to harvest some each day.

The guys in Florida? Yes. I think they are protected.

Most sharks are returned as well. It's usually catch and release even if you are allowed to harvest some each day.

That's good to hear, these magnificent creatures should be protected!