What Do You Cook/nuke In Your Microwave?

As it says in the title.

I live in a place where I cannot cook using gas so thought I would buy a microwave grill.

So far I have only made...

Omlettes - Micro

Cheese on toast - Grill

Steak - Grill

Rice burger - Micro

Spring rolls - Grill

Are there any great meals or snacks to be had?

Obviously I am not talking gourmet 5* meals just good honest food if possible.

Thanks folks :D

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It goes without saying that a microwave is less than perfect for many things but there loads and loads of things that can be quite good with some practice. As it's a matter of taste...

Google.

• Like 1

It goes without saying that a microwave is less than perfect for many things but there loads and loads of things that can be quite good with some practice. As it's a matter of taste...

Google.

So what sort of tastes does SteeleJoe go for in the easy peasy ping machine?

Google.

I haven't cooked in years. But my wife - a widely admired talent in the kitchen - has learned to use the nuclear device for lots of stuff. Don't really know specifics and what I do know, I'm going to avoid mentioning because it will lead to people arguing about whether something is or isn't good etc based on assumptions and their own limitations and experiences and I find arguments about things that are subjective tiresome.

Google will do it, I should think. Sorry I'm not more helpful; probably shouldn't have posted at all.

• Like 1

Google.

I haven't cooked in years. But my wife - a widely admired talent in the kitchen - has learned to use the nuclear device for lots of stuff. Don't really know specifics and what I do know, I'm going to avoid mentioning because it will lead to people arguing about whether something is or isn't good etc based on assumptions and their own limitations and experiences and I find arguments about things that are subjective tiresome.

Google will do it, I should think. Sorry I'm not more helpful; probably shouldn't have posted at all.

Its quite ok SJ, Im sure your useful in other threads more worthy than a Nuke thread :D

I was just interested in getting the wife some new recipes, anyway...

Good use of the words 'subjective and 'tiresome'.

While I am proverbially blowing your trumpet good skills in not cooking for years my good man

:D

Edited by jambco984

Google.

correct

Google.

correct

How thoughtful of you to tell him that he is correct that he hasn't cooked for years and correct that his wife is a talent in the kitchen.

Somehow I dont think your use of the word correct is in that context????

Any microwave pearls of wisdom Sir?

• Like 1

The correct was in answer to his statement: Sorry I'm not more helpful; probably shouldn't have posted at all.

He says, about his sole contribution to the thread.

Irony. Classic.

Edited by SteeleJoe

Why not try one of those convection burners. They are stand alone and don't use gas. Or a toaster oven?

We've got one of these and use it a lot:

http://www.tarad.com/product/4595736

We tend to use the micro only for heating water/soups and reheating some leftover foods.

Make sure to use proper cookware. Using plastic releases all sorts of nasties into your food!

• Like 1