4.9 Earthquake 30Km North Of Mae Sai On May 5. Did You Feel It?

canuckamuck

Well I didn't (but then I am in the UK at present...) . Best Beloved and Little Miss JAG felt it in Wiang Chiangrung, and were full of tales of daring do during our daily Skype Conference!

No ploblem though!

I was going to say, it was the 9th, and yes, I felt it. Was at a hotel in Tachilek. It was one good jolt. Unusual, as all 7 or so prior earthquakes I've felt (I'm from California) all others have been a series of movements, but this one was just a single. 3:30 am, and got me thinking, for an hour, of the reliability of the structure I was in.

I felt the tsunami-causing earthquake from here in C.Rai. It was Boxer day, early, I was sitting at a flimsy table, the table rocked for a bit. Exciting to think something happening off the southern coast of Indonesia can be felt way up here.

Another time, while sitting at my ground floor office in C.Rai, looking out the window, actually saw a tremor coming up the hill. I could see the trees affected, in turn (bottom of hill, going up) as if there was a wave coming up the hill towards me. Leaves also fell, as if to accentuate the scene.