Transfering A Visa

Hi,

I am wanting to know how and if, i can transfer my visa that is used for my work permit ( non-imm B visa that i got 3 years ago) from my old passport to my new passport. Any information would be great.

Visit immigration with both passports, they will do the transfer for you, no problem.

I don't think you need any other documentation and I'm pretty sure it's free :o

Hi,

I am wanting to know how and if, i can transfer my visa that is used for my work permit ( non-imm B visa that i got 3 years ago) from my old passport to my new passport. Any information would be great.

Visit immigration with both passports, they will do the transfer for you, no problem.

I don't think you need any other documentation and I'm pretty sure it's free :o

Okay, thanks for the help.

What about if you have a current work permit and you get a new job?

Do you have to go on a visa run to get the non-immigrant B when you start your new job or can you keep the same work permit and change it to your new employers name?

How does this work?

Edited by robitusson

Do you have to go on a visa run to get the non-immigrant B when you start your new job or can you keep the same work permit and change it to your new employers name?

How does this work?

I am 99.9% that the work permit is only valid for the job it is issued for. New employer = new permit.I am sure somene will correct me if I'm wrong.

How does this work?

I believe that with some careful timing you can avoid leaving the country but it 'aint easy.

When you leave your job the WP is cancelled and SO IS ANY EXTENSION OF STAY associated with it, you get 7 days to leave the country or make alternative arrangements.

SO

If your new employer is switched on you should be able to get the WP application in and processing started before you have to leave and get a new B visa.

I'm sure Sunbelt or Indosiam will pop in with the exact mechanics and requirements.

How does this work?

I believe that with some careful timing you can avoid leaving the country but it 'aint easy.

When you leave your job the WP is cancelled and SO IS ANY EXTENSION OF STAY associated with it, you get 7 days to leave the country or make alternative arrangements.

SO

If your new employer is switched on you should be able to get the WP application in and processing started before you have to leave and get a new B visa.

I'm sure Sunbelt or Indosiam will pop in with the exact mechanics and requirements.

7 days. That's not much. So it is possible not to have to leave then? I do not want to go to Malaysia or Viennetian again.