Koh Hang Wild Dogs Attacking People

nikkoid66

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the update mrtoad. Pleased to hear k.p. quieter; maybe the flash flood flushed some garbage away.

This trip I aim to mostly target diseased white bitches, try to reduce the breeding stock.

Looking forward to some action, maybe even go "off road" now and again.

If the road aint safe for humans, why should the pavement be safe for dogs?

you right mrtoad, less dead dogs walking at the moment.

I had eye witness confirmation of many truly dead ones cluttering up the high water line on klong prow and chai chet beaches after the flash flood.

doggies can't swim too good it seems, nice.

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Was bitten myself in the dark in Cha Am , totally unprovoked out of the blue by one of those nasty pieces of vermin, scary, painful and had to visit several hospitals to get the injections against Rabies during my time there. It's one of the two reasons i have serious doubts about Thailand as a retirement destination, the other one being the traffic situation. Just walking past the dogs stresses me out, by the time i have my iron baton out of its holster a dog could have attacked me already.

These animals are a pest and should be rounded up and killed, they spread disease, attack people, cause traffic accidents and keep people awake in the middle of the night. I have no idea why the Thai keep them around.

When i stayed in Samui i managed to ride straight over the top of a dog that ran out in front of me.It was on the main ring road and i wasnt going slow! I was amazed how i didnt come off.

The dog flapped about in the road and died.What then happened was that the 'owner' was distraught as the dog was dying.I had managed to hit one of the few dogs amongst all the packs of strays that had an owner.

I then had a short lecture from a falang friend of the lady owner saying "here in samui,many dogs in road,you must drive careful" !!!!

I didnt bother to tell the guy i'd been in samui a year and hadnt just arrived for a weeks holiday and also.....if this dog had an owner what the hell were they doing letting it wander in the main road on a fast straight stretch used by lorries speeding through.!!

No leash laws in thailand....anywhere.

Dogs are not required to be locked in on property...so yes, you need drive carefully. Most of these dogs do have owners..not all are strays. I think all of us visitors (very few are "legal residents", as we only rate annual extensions)....would like the dog problem to go away. Totally with you on that...but reality is, it's going to stay this way for quite some time.

Archived