BANGKOK 20 April 2019 23:13
Sign in to follow this  
BookMan

When Is The Quote System To Be Fixed?

I feel your frustration. I've only just now got the knack/technique to keep that from happening but 1 out of 10 still screws up. Believe we are due for a software update sometime soon and hope it will be resolved then.

• Like 2

Best way is to click on the top left icon above the edit box to switch the "BBCode Mode" from fancy WYSIWYG mode, to boring old plain text mode.

But at least in boring old plain text mode, you can control the editing more easily. wink.png

• Like 1

The main problem I have is that on many occasions the quoted post appears two, three or even four times in the reply!

Trying to delete the extraneous quotes is not only time consuming, but unless you get it exactly right the bit you want to keep goes as well!

• Like 1

The main problem I have is that on many occasions the quoted post appears two, three or even four times in the reply!

Trying to delete the extraneous quotes is not only time consuming, but unless you get it exactly right the bit you want to keep goes as well!

See my post above yours! biggrin.png

Generally speaking if what one wishes to add to the forum is worth saying then a little effort to do it is not a burden?

As has been said switch to plain text mode an as long as the beginning and end quotes are correct it works OK.

Generally speaking if what one wishes to add to the forum is worth saying then a little effort to do it is not a burden?

As has been said switch to plain text mode an as long as the beginning and end quotes are correct it works OK.

ahhh ok then.. and how does that work in the apps?

Yes, I can click that button and then it's easier to delete the extraneous quotes; but it shouldn't be necessary.

This never used to happen before the last upgrade.

What is the point of upgrades if all they do is make posting more difficult and more frustrating?

• Like 2

Yes, I can click that button and then it's easier to delete the extraneous quotes; but it shouldn't be necessary.

This never used to happen before the last upgrade.

What is the point of upgrades if all they do is make posting more difficult and more frustrating?

As George said, there's another upgrade coming soon. Hopefully the suppliers have taken on board some of these criticisms.

What I don't like is the way the software automatically deletes a blank line after the quoted text.

I'm forever having to add a blank line with a few spaces just to get the blank line displayed.

I wonder why they do that? It's not as if a blank line uses up much bandwidth! biggrin.png

Another upgrade to fix the problems caused by the last upgrade which was to fix the problems caused by the previous upgrade etc., etc. ad infinitum!

Still, nice work for someone!

We have got a software update that should adress all current issues. We will test it and upgrade the live forum during next week. Exact date and time to be announced.

We have got a software update that should adress all current issues. We will test it and upgrade the live forum during next week. Exact date and time to be announced.

Sterling work george!

Sterling work george!

The quoting especially....let's have what we had before please....it worked and was easy. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Still not working properly!