BANGKOK 24 April 2019 17:26
Sign in to follow this  
BookMan

When Is The Quote System To Be Fixed?

<snip>

Not long ago you click on quote, this maybe already has 5 or more replies in box, but as I am replying to just the last one we used to be able to simply remove [high light and cut] the boxes we did not wish to appear = would leave the posters name and his quote......... cannot do that any more

<snip>

You can change what appears in the "Reply" box by clicking on the top left icon called "BBCode Mode".

Switching to the old dumb style (don't know what it is called) makes it easy to edit quoted posts.

Switching to the new fancy style makes it hard to do.

<snip>

Not long ago you click on quote, this maybe already has 5 or more replies in box, but as I am replying to just the last one we used to be able remove [high light and cut] we did not wish to appear = would leave the posters name and his quote......... cannot do that any more

<snip>

You can change what appears in the "Reply" box by on the top left icon called "BBCode Mode".

Switching to the old dumb style (don't know what it is called) makes it easy to edit quoted posts.

Wow thanks......... Maybe need a manual or so instructions every time someone fiddles....... Having NO idea what this "BBCode Mode" is why on earth would I click it ? that is until someone explains,

So thanks again

<snip>

Not long ago you click on quote, this maybe already has 5 or more replies in box, but as I am replying to just the last one we used to be able remove [high light and cut] we did not wish to appear = would leave the posters name and his quote......... cannot do that any more

<snip>

You can change what appears in the "Reply" box by on the top left icon called "BBCode Mode".

Wow thanks......... Maybe need a manual or so instructions every time someone fiddles....... Having NO idea what this "BBCode Mode" is why on earth would I click it ? that is until someone explains,

So thanks again

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

what worked for me: click BBCode Mode to make it old, selected which multiquotes i wanted and clicked post preview (more options) a new box came up in code, clicked BBCode Mode to make it new again and it switched back into something readable, you can then type in between quote boxes.

During the last 3 days it`s not possible for me to either quote or reply here with Chrome,but with Firefox it works as usual.

During the last 3 days it`s not possible for me to either quote or reply here with Chrome,but with Firefox it works as usual.

Which version number of Chrome do you use? Do you have any Chrome addons installed?

Using an iDevice - iPad or iPhone - when replying and quoting someone the quote doesn't show who said what. It's just blank.

Whereas on my laptop (running firefox) the quote will show who said what... Believe this crept in around the previous app upgrade that started to mess up quotes.