Electronic Cigarettes -Where To Buy In Cm?

mja1906

It's my understanding that the poison reports are false. Propagated by the cig industry. Technically it's nicotine which in and of itself is poison. But far less poisonous than when combined with all the additional carcinogens that come with the burning cigs. Don't quote me on this but it's what I've read here and there. Just sayin.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

"Technically it's nicotine which in and of itself is poison"

I don't believe that is the case,do you think that Nicotine patches,chewing gum,Inhalers,and all the other anti smoking products containing Nicotine,approved for use by the medical profession worldwide,would be prescribing poison to their patients?

Nicotine is a highly addictive substance,which is different story,or perhaps you can enlighten me,if you know something I don't? I would be grateful for your information!

• Like 2

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have been banned in Thailand, plus the latest reports are that these ECs are poison and are more harmful than actually smoking cigarettes.

Yes, I too would like to see your "latest reports" - I have spent a lot of time researching the subject and found nothing to suggest that they are harmful.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

This is what I've been using and I am very happy with it do far. Got it shipped from vaporroom dot com.

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1377627627.599417.jpg{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1377627654.678795.jpg{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1377627710.402436.jpg

That looks like a good device, I will check out the website you mention.

I will post a couple of photos of some of my units, and one of the locally available ones, later this morning.

• Like 1

The truth lies always in the middle of course e cigs are not healthy in addition to nicotine some other harmful substances will be inhaled such as some metals but in the end it's for sure the less harmful alternative of two bad choices. Unfortunately I am a smoker myself and its a good way to finally quit a bad habit and addiction.

This is what I've been using and I am very happy with it do far. Got it shipped from vaporroom dot com.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1377627627.599417.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1377627654.678795.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1377627710.402436.jpg

Chris1dna--I reckon the link that you 'meant' to post was to 'vapour room UK'--because the link to' vapor room', without the 'U' takes me to a lovely bunch of photos of Medical marijuanha--is the company UK or San Francisco based?

Do they ship to Thailand?

Another poster posted a link to 'Jacvapour' in UK who, at a price, will ship to Thailand.

The more sources we all have the better.

The truth lies always in the middle of course e cigs are not healthy in addition to nicotine some other harmful substances will be inhaled such as some metals but in the end it's for sure the less harmful alternative of two bad choices. Unfortunately I am a smoker myself and its a good way to finally quit a bad habit and addiction.

This is possible, I guess--though I must admit I have not heard talk of 'metals' inhaled--but, I fully agree that inhaling anything must be worse than inhaling nothing but fresh air; however, I totally agree that E-cigs are a whole lot LESS harmful than 'real' tobacco based cigarettes; there is some research around that indicates that intake of nicotine has quite a few beneficial results--enhanced cognitive processes being amongst them.

Here is a photo of an EGO-C [ UK sourced but probably Joyetech manufactured] and this is almost identical to the version [ EGO-C2 Upgrade] available by post from Pingpong in Bangkok--he also has Dekang and Joyetech E-liquids. I haven't posted a link to his website but PM me if you need it. This device uses a 1.2 ml tank which is user refillable, but it has a typical 510 fitting so can also take any 510 fitting cartomiser[ single coil or dual coil]--or equally a 510 fitting Mega cartomiser. They also have the new '5-click on/off' type of battery to avoid unintentional fire-ups [ doing away with the ned for a battery switch cover.

The usual kit includes 2 batteries [1000 mah] 2 Atomiser covers and 5 replaceable Atomiser burner heads--price about 2500 baht inc. EMS.

post-55156-0-08565500-1377656170_thumb.j

Edited by haybilly

And, just for reference, here are a few kits available in UK--the top 2 are actually made in UK, The Screwdriver and The Odyssey, and the bottom one shows the basic EGO-T Tornado with both a 650 mah battery and a 100 mah battery.' this is the forerunner of the EGO-C series.

The Odyssey is the only one set-up with a cartomiser system, and takes both single and dual coil rigs--plus, again with an adapter, takes any 510 fitting Atomiser/Cartomiser systems.

post-55156-0-93818500-1377656460_thumb.j

Posted ImageImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1377627627.599417.jpgPosted ImageImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1377627654.678795.jpgPosted ImageImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1377627710.402436.jpg

Chris1dna--I reckon the link that you 'meant' to post was to 'vapour room UK'--because the link to' vapor room', without the 'U' takes me to a lovely bunch of photos of Medical marijuanha--is the company UK or San Francisco based?

Do they ship to Thailand?

Another poster posted a link to 'Jacvapour' in UK who, at a price, will ship to Thailand.

The more sources we all have the better.

Sorry hay. It's http://www.thevaporroom.net/

Oh well, I'll check that out also.

Shame really I thought they were combining the two ideas.

Hi Chris

Just had a look and they look good, got all the Joyetech products.

What do they charge to post to Thailand?

Edited by haybilly

Oh well, I'll check that out also.Shame really I thought they were combining the two ideas.Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile appHi Chris Just had a look and they look good, got all the Joyetech products.What do they charge to post to Thailand?

Hay, sorry I don't know. I bought in the states.

Oh well, I'll check that out also.Shame really I thought they were combining the two ideas.Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile appHi Chris Just had a look and they look good, got all the Joyetech products.What do they charge to post to Thailand?

I just emailed them to ask that question. Waiting for answer.

I just emailed them to ask that question. Waiting for answer.

Bummer. Just got this response.

Hello Chris!

Unfortunately, we are unable to ship to Thailand at this time. The only countries we are cleared to ship to are Canada and Australia.

If this changes we will definitely let you know. Our highest apologies!

If you have any further questions, please let me know! :)

Best~

Lindsay

www.thevaporroom.net

I get devices and consumables from http://www.ukecigstore.com/ (and often liquid too) - tend to make a batch order every couple of months for liquids, clearomizers, replacement chargers.

Have found that the batteries wear down after 4 months or so and I just order a whole new base battery unit, I'm sure you can take these units apart and just put a new battery in if you want and save quite a bit.

Anyway I like new shiny things smile.png just got 2 new 1300mAh Vision Spinners, adjustable voltage - they are great. http://www.ukecigstore.com/accessories/batteries/Vision-Spinner-1300-big-boi-ego just over 1000 baht, all original, and cheaper than the copies of less powerful models on sale here. Arrived within a week.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

Just in case any of you guys wish to try the local supplier, at least the one I have used--he's very fast in replying but his English is 'patchy' though we get by--I email him and then either he calls me, on the number I include in the email order, or I call him first to make sure he fully understands my order.

His 'nickname' is 'Pingpong' and he uses the forum 'Thaiecigclub dot com'--once you find that website, forum, look down the headings for 'Thaiecig Main Supplier' and then look for 'Ecig Outlet'--that is his dedicated forum with links to all his products and Eliquids.

Hope this helps.

Just in case any of you guys wish to try the local supplier, at least the one I have used--he's very fast in replying but his English is 'patchy' though we get by--I email him and then either he calls me, on the number I include in the email order, or I call him first to make sure he fully understands my order.

His 'nickname' is 'Pingpong' and he uses the forum 'Thaiecigclub dot com'--once you find that website, forum, look down the headings for 'Thaiecig Main Supplier' and then look for 'Ecig Outlet'--that is his dedicated forum with links to all his products and Eliquids.

Hope this helps.

Can you give me his phone number or contact info. I have been all over his site and am unable to see this info. Pm me if you want. I want to order.

Just in case any of you guys wish to try the local  supplier, at least the one I have used--he's very fast in replying but his English is 'patchy' though we get by--I email him and then either he calls me, on the number I include in the email order, or I call him first to make sure he fully understands my order.

Hope this helps.

Can you give me his phone number or contact info. I have been all over his site and am unable to see this info. Pm me if you want. I want to order.
No worries, I will PM you on the morning- just a bit tied up tonight.

I can help you with the website if necessary, also.

Some of my Thai friends believe the government warnings about liquid in the lungs from smoking e-cigs, they gave me disbelieving looks when I suggested it was the tobacco industry trying to keep control of their monopoly...

Sent from my GT-N7000B

• Like 1

Some of my Thai friends believe the government warnings about liquid in the lungs from smoking e-cigs, they gave me disbelieving looks when I suggested it was the tobacco industry trying to keep control of their monopoly...

Sent from my GT-N7000B[/quote

I have yet to read conclusive evidence, from a reputable source or other, that supports this claim.

Thais have historically been immune to common sense, and are weaned on a Big Brother culture.

Edited by haybilly

Only Thai or is there an English version?

Sadly it's all in Thai--though, even with my non-existant knowledge of reading/writing Thai--it is pretty obvious what he sells and what the prices are--as to his phone number, well that's a bit more tricky because they make it so that you have to become a member then you can view his profile and, hey presto, his tel. number is available.

Not sure whether I can post it on this forum--maybe a Mod can enlighten me??

I am PM-ing the details to kcore in a moment.

very cool to see all the vapers =) any recommendation for ejuice? im still on a long quest finding the best marl menthol, unfortunately the ones i have taste more towards menthos. my personal experience is that there is still smoking urge in the beginning of vaping, probably due to the add on addictive ingredients in commercial cigarettes. i manage to transit to pure vaping with no smoking urge in about 3 months time.

here is my simple bypass setup that allows usb charging while i vape.

image.jpg

[image.jpg

Edited by barefoot1988

V2cigs has great flavors I like the coffee, grape, menthol the most. You are right after one month I am still in hybrid mode as I need still ten real tobacco sticks a day but this is down from over 20 per day. But also overall I don't smoke so much e cigs as you are in no need to finish it , here and there one two puffs do the trick

very cool to see all the vapers =) any recommendation for ejuice? im still on a long quest finding the best marl menthol, unfortunately the ones i have taste more towards menthos. my personal experience is that there is still smoking urge in the beginning of vaping, probably due to the add on addictive ingredients in commercial cigarettes. i manage to transit to pure vaping with no smoking urge in about 3 months time.

here is my simple bypass setup that allows usb charging while i vape.

image.jpg

[image.jpg

My advice regarding a reasonable Menthol/Tobacco vape is to get a decent Tobacco, probably Dekang from Bangkok at 70 baht for 10ml and buy Menthol from same source and mix the 2 in the correct % for your taste - when I did try Menthol on its own it was over-powering.

If you need the local contact for Dekang or Joyetech E liquid PM me.

Edited by haybilly

One more point, on the subject of mixing flavours is to try out as small amounts as possible, but being sure to calibrate the exact amounts for future 'mass production'--if you're using a cartomiser rig then try to get hold of an ordinary tank Atomiser and tank--it's easier to fire up the device with a small amount in a tank than a cart--also, if your flavours are very different then try to change the tank, and thoroughly clean the Atomiser each time--flavours can linger giving a false test. As long as your e-cig is the usual '510' type fitting, or will take an adaptor then swapping cartomiser to Atomiser is no problem; the Bangkok supplier 'was' selling 510 Atomisers at 349 baht each--but may have moved on to the 2 part Attys.

One more point, on the subject of mixing flavours is to try out as small amounts as possible, but being sure to calibrate the exact amounts for future 'mass production'--if you're using a cartomiser rig then try to get hold of an ordinary tank Atomiser and tank--it's easier to fire up the device with a small amount in a tank than a cart--also, if your flavours are very different then try to change the tank, and thoroughly clean the Atomiser each time--flavours can linger giving a false test. As long as your e-cig is the usual '510' type fitting, or will take an adaptor then swapping cartomiser to Atomiser is no problem; the Bangkok supplier 'was' selling 510 Atomisers at 349 baht each--but may have moved on to the 2 part Attys.

Haybilly, what do you clean them with?

If we are talking about the simple Atomiser, as opposed to a cartomisers/ wick type, then tissue paper pushed tight into the tank fitting end and a couple of strong blows of air( with your mouth around the battery fitting end) will purge a fair amount of old e-liquid. If a more thorough cleaning is required dump the atomiser in a small vessel and soak it in Isopropyl alcohol for 30 minutes then pour just boiled water to cover the Atty and leave to soak- this system will renovate a cartomiser also, and the fibre wadding will come up quite clean. A tank Atomiser can be stripped down with long nosed pleased- but you should watch one of the many YouTube videos for the full run down.

Just to check flavours the blow through method should be enough.

Hope this helps.

I just want to clarify my last post- I do not recommend the methods that I mentioned, involving Isopropyl Alcohol and very hot water, when cleaning the type of cartomisers that incorporate poly-acrylic or hard plastic clear cases and have a visible wicking material inside- for these I would refer to online videos.

The type of cartomisers that I meant are shown in this photo...

post-55156-13781933117053_thumb.jpg

E-Cigarettes May Be as Effective as Patch to Help Smokers Quit

Taking a drag from an e-cigarette may be just as safe and effective as slapping on a nicotine patch for smokers struggling to quit, according to the first physician-run trial to compare the two products.

About one in 20 people who used either patches or e-cigarettes managed to quit completely six months after the test started, according to research published today in The Lancet. Meanwhile, users of electronic cigarettes -- battery-powered devices that deliver vaporized nicotine -- were more likely to have cut their use of the real thing in half even if they didn’t quit entirely.

The 657-person trial wasn’t big enough to draw definite conclusions about whether e-cigarettes are better than nicotine patches, researchers said. Still, the results should be a signal to the regulators in the U.S. and Europe now weighing restrictions on e-cigarettes, Peter Hajek, a professor of clinical psychology at the Wolfson Institute of Preventive Medicine, said in a comment published alongside the results.

“Health professionals will now hopefully feel easier about recommending e-cigarettes to smokers, or at least condoning their use,” Hajek wrote.

Sales Growth

If European and U.S. regulators treat e-cigarettes as medical devices, yet leave cigarettes on general sale, tobacco makers “will retain their market monopoly, and we will never learn whether e-cigarettes would replace traditional cigarettes if allowed to continue evolving and competing with smoked tobacco on even terms,” he wrote.

The results will also be presented today at the European Respiratory Society’s annual meeting in Barcelona.

E-cigarettes have taken Europe and the U.S. by storm. In France, there are more than 1 million regular users, according to a government-commissioned report published in May. Sales worldwide will probably approach $2 billion by the end of this year and top $10 billion by 2017, according to a forecast by Wells Fargo & Co.

That success has brought scrutiny. The French government said it planned to ban e-cigarettes from public places. The U.K. has moved to treat them as medicines. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration may announce potential restrictions as soon as next month.

Heavy Metals

French magazine 60 Million Consumers reported in its September edition that it found formaldehyde and other chemicals, along with traces of heavy metals, when it tested a range of the devices. Certain brands contained dangerous substances in greater quantities than cigarettes, and the amount of nicotine in an e-cigarette is sometimes far more than what’s listed on the label, according to the magazine.

The percentage of U.S. high school students who reported ever using an e-cigarette rose to 10 percent in 2012 from 4.7 percent a year earlier, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s National Youth Tobacco Survey released this month. CDC Director Tom Frieden called the trend “deeply troubling,” saying students might start smoking real cigarettes as well.

For the team of New Zealand-based researchers that conducted the latest study, the point was not to figure out whether e-cigarettes might lead new users to smoke, but rather how well the devices could help entrenched smokers to quit. The trial was funded by the Health Research Council of New Zealand.

Stepping Stone

The team recruited smokers through newspaper advertisements. Participants had smoked an average of almost 20 cigarettes a day for the past 25 years, and to join the study, they had to want to stop. The team then divided its recruits into three groups: assigning them to wear nicotine patches, or to get an e-cigarette with nicotine, or to receive an e-cigarette with a nicotine-free placebo vapor.

Nicotine e-cigarette users who quit took more than twice as long as patch users to relapse -- an average of 35 days. And at six months from the start of the study, 57 percent of the people “vaping” on nicotine e-cigarettes had cut their use of tobacco cigarettes at least in half. By comparison, 41 percent of patch users cut their cigarette use by the same amount.

“It’s not like this is a magic bullet,” said Chris Bullen, director of the National Institute for Health Innovation at The University of Auckland, who led the study. “If you continue to smoke, obviously that’s not ideal, but it’s something that’s a stepping-stone toward quitting. We just have to be a little patient. They’ve been doing it for most of their lives, and it’s not surprising they find it incredibly hard.”

Ritualistic Behavior

Importantly, side effects were similar between the nicotine patch and e-cigarette groups, he said. Researchers are confident in the safety results over the short term, as measured in the study, Bullen said.

If people keep on vaping for years, longer-term safety data is needed, the researchers said.

E-cigarette users told the researchers they wanted to keep using their devices, and 88 percent of users in the nicotine e-cigarette group said they’d recommend the devices to friends.

Even users of the placebo e-cigarettes, while not as successful at cutting back on smoking, got attached to their gadgets -- 92 percent said they’d recommend them to friends.

“They replicate a lot of the ritualistic behavior people have about getting a cigarette out, putting it in their hands, touching it, and there’s the vapor,” Bullen said. “These are very powerful sensory indicators.”

To contact the reporter on this story: Naomi Kresge in Berlin at [email protected]

To contact the editor responsible for this story: Phil Serafino at [email protected]