60 Day Tourist Visa - Visa Run From Phuket?

Any visa run expert's out there? My visa run out on 14 may, what is the
best 60 day visa run from phuket? Can I get the 60 days in penang only
or also in ranong?

Further info: I had a None B visa in progress in krabi but as employment is not happening anymore and I am looking for new work, I need a Tourist Visa now until I find a new job.

Any advise is helpful.

Thank you

Tourist visas can only be obtained from a Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate. Penang in Malaysia is the closest.

And what aidenai means by that is there is no embassy or consulate in Ranong, as Ranong is actually the city on the Thai side of the boarder with Myanmar along the Andaman coast, and by definition a countries embassies and consulates are located in other countries. Ranong can only be used for a "border bounce" which many people refer to a visa run but in my opinion that is a misnomer and leads to confusion. A visa run is a trip to a neighboring country's Thai consulate or embassy in order to apply for and obtain a visa for Thailand.

Lots of good info pinned in the visa section:

Latest reports of getting a visa in the region: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/189375-latest-reports-of-getting-a-visa-in-the-region/

And current visa availability summery from neighboring countries: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/433392-current-visa-availability-summary-from-neighboring-countries/

My Filipina gf just got back from Penang where she successfully obtained a 60 day tourist visa. She did not bring any of the supporting documents needed such as evidence of a bank account with 20,000 to 30,000 baht (amount varies depending on which website you read) nor did she provide any onward tickets or hotel reservations. This was due to the information we got from recent Filipinas that did this, as well as the visa run company. The officer did not want to give her the visa. He asked her why she wanted to go to Thailand, why she previously had a education visa, and why she has had a couple of overstays but after some rather insistent complaining they gave it to her. My feeling is they were just looking for a bit of tea money but soon realized they weren't going to get any. Penang only gives single entry tourist visa's at the moment.

And by the way, the 60 day tourist visa is extendable by 30 days at your nearest immigration office for 1900B.

And one other thing some people forget, the Thai embassy or consulate in your home country probably issues double and even triple entry visa's. I have twice received triple entry tourist visa's (giving you about 9 months stay) in years past from the Thai Consulate in Los Angeles, California. The first time it was free, the second time it was $40 per entry. I mailed my passport in on a Thursday using overnight delivery with overnight return envelope and had it the following Monday evening. I did provide bank statements, an onward ticket, and a letter explaining that I would be travelling the region for several months.

Edited by NomadJoe
  • Like 1

Best from HKT is AirAsia r/t to KL, booked as far in advance as possible will get the r/t ticket cost down to about 3900 baht. Have to submit application at Thai embassy/consulate which is a bit outside of central KL. Apply in the morning, pickup ppt next afternoon, thus have to stay over at least one night (earliest AA flight + taxi to consulate can/may make it before noon). Minimal immigration hassle in/out at KL, only stamp not page sticker, free. But beware that HKT airport parking has become almost impossible and cost me 800 baht for overnight a month ago.

keeniau96, on 13 May 2013 - 12:05, said:

Best from HKT is AirAsia r/t to KL, booked as far in advance as possible will get the r/t ticket cost down to about 3900 baht. Have to submit application at Thai embassy/consulate which is a bit outside of central KL. Apply in the morning, pickup ppt next afternoon, thus have to stay over at least one night (earliest AA flight + taxi to consulate can/may make it before noon). Minimal immigration hassle in/out at KL, only stamp not page sticker, free. But beware that HKT airport parking has become almost impossible and cost me 800 baht for overnight a month ago.

THAI Smile also flies 4 times weekly from Phuket to Kuala Lumpur now. Might also be worth looking into.