• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodbye-ee, goodbye-ee,
Wipe the tear, baby dear, from your eye-ee,
Tho' it's hard to part I know

You <deleted> up and its your fault.

or as they say in German.... Auf Wiedersein Vanker

• Like 1

Its ironic really, hundreds and hundreds of threads complaining about the visa rules over here and soon as one guy overstays, most jump on his back. I'm sure there's plenty of guys who have thought about it, especially the ones under 50.

I hate a snitch. He likes a bit of grass though. :ph34r:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

What a complete idiot !! Get your cheque book ready matey, lots to pay here

Cheque book? What cheque book?! He's been slumming it for 2 years with presumably no source of income so it will will be the good old embassy picking up the tab for yet another skint Geordie (it's always Geordies them overtstaying blokes...why is that?......) At least back home for summer....if he has a home....ooops, forgot, there is no summer in Geordieland.....

Where did it say he was "slumming it"?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

3 golden rules when overstaying : don't start trouble, don't do anything illegal AND have enough money to get yourself out of the situation

...somebody reported him in, which means he broke number 1

...when being searched he broke number 2

...and then he broke number 3 or we wouldn't be seeing his picture

3 strikes and you're OUT... err... IN detention in this case.

These are words of wisdom

2 years must have been the ganja just forgot about the visaruns , it does affect ones short-time memo???? eh

No. That's an alcohol thing. But looking at his face I think he is/was an alcoholic.

Guess they just deport him with a red stamp in his passport ?

Precisely, to make room for the new farang import alcoholics... LOL

What is 'living illegally' ? Was he a squatter ?

From my point of view he did not anything wrong, just a guy who does not live conform some manmade rules.

It seems he lived in a house that was not occupied by someone else.

He stayed on a piece on earth that should be free to use for all of us.

He loved herbes that were made by God, with the reason to use them to free our minds.

This is not a criminal.

Look, each to their own, but let's not get all HIGH (as a kite!) and ALMIGHTY(!!) about this!!!.. Yes, he was living illegally.. like overstaying your 2 weeks - that's TWO WEEKS!! - 'granted' TOURIST VISA by a couple of YEARS.. yes, TWO YEARS.. not two weeks, or even two months!!! He just loves herbs made by God? Nahh, he just wanted to get off his face on SOMETHING!!.. look at him for God's sake!!!.. ok, enough already.. leave that stuff alone, your mind seems to be 'free' enough as it is!!!!!!! sleepy.gifgoof.gifwai.gif

From my point of view he did not anything wrong, just a guy who does not live conform some manmade rules.

He loved herbes that were made by God, with the reason to use them to free our minds.

This is not a criminal.

o please with that hippie stuff been over for years. we may not agree with the law of the land but it is still our duty to abide by it. or better yet do not get caught

• Like 1

They must be very proud for the big bust they made ! Poor guy looks really banged out I see so many guys from all over looking like this , cant understand why people without the means want to live here . Well for that matter I dont understand staying here for more than a long vacation , the Farang here in this country are and always will be second class citizens and the amount of corruption and nonsense that goes on I think will only get worse . I walk around Bangkok and its dirty , smells . Yes I loved it more when i first came here but the shiny veneer wears off quick and I dont like what I see underneath ! I come now only every two years or so and that is getting to be too soon ! Hope this guy straightens himself out .

This is not a criminal.

He failed to pay fees that many agencies here want. Don't pay the fee and they put you in jail.

It's possible God may be one of the cell mates however. That might work out well for some.

What a complete idiot !! Get your chequer book ready matey, lots to pay here

Cheque book....cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif The Thais only understand CASH w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif​ a piece of paper will never be accepted unless it has the King's picture on it.wai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif Kopen Ka

no big deal. take air asia to udon, then ventiane for visa...

spend money in flight ticket and visa instead to smoke it....

i think just going out once every 6 months is not so bad after all..

. and it cost what? 100$, 150$ with flight ticket booked well in advance.

oh come on... this is ridiculous...

Skipping all the comments.

Is he silly for not renewing visa? absolutely, BUT there are hundreds who are in the same boat

Is he stupid for having drugs? absolutely.

Was he dobbed in by someone? no doubt

Police asked to search his room, i seriously doubt he agreed to a search.

So bottom line is another silly man is in trouble over silly things

This is not a criminal.

But it's the best that the Phuket immigration police can do. Since all the farangs working that the Thai's are all bitching about are here legally. and working legally. gotta bust someone to earn their paychecks.

• Like 1

This is not a criminal.

Well it is, but i do understand your point ;)

On who's toes did this gentleman step to get reported? The article quotes the police officer as saying they "received information". Thailand's clown brigade couldn't find a beer bar if you drew them a map (and I mean that literally, as most Thais don't know the first thing about using maps). The BiB would never be able to find these people if they didn't stick their heads out. Sometimes it's as simple as mouthing off to the front desk clerk in your condo, after she's calmly explained, with that saccharine smile that Thais are famous for, that you'll be fined for leaving your laundry in the laundry room overnight or some other such nonsense. That's a pretty sorry look on his face. Too bad he doesn't even have a clue how sorry he is going to feel once he's locked up...

Another in a long line of men who have let go the reins of their life in Thailand. Usually it's as result of poontang, but in this case seemingly a few spliffs were involved.

Nothing to see here, move along now....

The presence of spiffs doesn't suggest that is the reason he let go of the reins - and DEFINITELY doesn't mean that poontang wasn't involved.

• Like 1

What a complete idiot !! Get your cheque book ready matey, lots to pay here

Cheque book? What cheque book?! He's been slumming it for 2 years with presumably no source of income so it will will be the good old embassy picking up the tab for yet another skint Geordie (it's always Geordies them overtstaying blokes...why is that?......) At least back home for summer....if he has a home....ooops, forgot, there is no summer in Geordieland.....

What will the embassy be paying for?

They must be very proud for the big bust they made ! Poor guy looks really banged out I see so many guys from all over looking like this , cant understand why people without the means want to live here . Well for that matter I dont understand staying here for more than a long vacation , the Farang here in this country are and always will be second class citizens and the amount of corruption and nonsense that goes on I think will only get worse . I walk around Bangkok and its dirty , smells . Yes I loved it more when i first came here but the shiny veneer wears off quick and I dont like what I see underneath ! I come now only every two years or so and that is getting to be too soon ! Hope this guy straightens himself out .

"always will be second class citizens"

Most farang are not citizens of Thailand at all. This person was an illegal alien. They tend not to rank high in the pecking order in any country.

"I come now only every two years or so and that is getting to be too soon ! "

That makes no sense. If you find the place so disagreeable, why would you keep coming here at all? You're either a masochist or into some sort of self-flagellation, literally or figuratively.