Russian Dies In Horrific Road Crash In Jomtien

webfact

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are the cops in those pictures pointing to the 1/2 body of the deceased? As though anyone might not comprehend that half a body is probably the focal point of the picture? I will never get used to this extremely odd habit of Thai law enforcement.

There is no denying it they are stupid idiots some of these farangs when I lived in Pattaya the biggest offenders were those young Arabs actually racing each other on beach road. I rode a bike there myself a 400 cc Honda and was several times nearly side swiped by these idiots also carrying young Thai girls wearing no helmets.Its so easy to pull back the throttle any idiot can do it but controlling you bike when a situation arises is the problem for these greenhorns. Anyroad as the saying goes Ride Like Hell You'll Get There. Ride safely all you Riders and stay on the saddle.

For those who do not know this relatively new road, well it is a smoothly surfaced dual carriage way which would have been very tempting to someone wanting to open her up. It is of course subject to traffic going the 'wrong way' as dual carriageways are. Some of the U-Turns have been blocked

Edited by jacko45k

Big bike, high speed and another horrific accident.

Terrible for the emergency services to deal with and also shocking for those who witnessed this. A body sliced in two cannot be a pretty sight for anyone except the most gruesome.

+1

horrific accident , I guess this guy was not "used" to drive such powerful motorcycle ..Maybe the rental could ask the people some proper driving license ... shoking one more time .

having a drivers license doesnt automatically mean you have a brain, we rent bikes and always advise the renters thailand roads are extremely dangerous and to drive slowly, i am sorry for the guys family but we always see this kind of reckless driving usually from thais that we all complain about that put our lives at risk

If you rent bikes, do you rent BIG bikes to people who do not have a full bike licence ?? People who rent bikes on holiday

will have accidents from time to time but Thai cities and bikes over 250cc are unnecessary. I may be wrong but I would

suggest that experienced riders who have a full licence are unlikely to want a big bike.

I didn't see the aftermath of this particular accident and my sympathies go to his family.

You're dead right about experienced riders not wanting a big bike in the city. I've ridden and raced bikes all my life up to and including 1,000cc. Not a trainer but have given racing lessons to 400cc and 600cc class riders, so I'm a confident (some would say over-confident) rider. I wouldn't dream of riding a big bike around here, a recipe for disaster as far as I'm concerned, be safer to stick a loaded gun to your head and play Russian Roulette.

I see idiots on rented 600, 750 and 1,000cc bikes all the time in Pattaya and Jomtien. I don't see them "riding", as almost without exception they cannot actually "ride" them. They are merely sitting astride a missile and they have no comprehension of the physics and mechanics of Supersport and Superbike riding. They fang it at high speed to a U-Turn, and show their total ineptitude by paddling the bike around the turn. It's laughable, and unfortunately very sad.

• Like 2

well, did he have a license for this big bike ? i guess most people rent here whatever and have 0 experience

Those with a licence for big bikes might very well feel all the might that a big motor in Thailand can give...

The dangerous age range, was it between 25 and 35?

From all I ever could see on the roads here, the problem is very simple:

These big bikes do not seem to be capable of a low reasonable speed.

Big bikes are easily ridden at low speeds, although sportsbikes are not very comfortable and more cumbersome at slow speeds. The problem is that they go from standstill to 160klm/h in less than three seconds in 1st gear - and inexperienced (bulletproof) riders think this is the way they should be ridden in built up areas. On a racetrack, no problems - no taxis, no drunk drivers, no busses, all traffic going in the same direction, no intersections, no pedestrians, no dogs. On the city roads in Thailand, you have all of the above and lots more to contend with on a scooter at 50-60klm/h. Blip the throttle on a sportsbike and in less than 3 seconds you're travelling 3 times faster than everything else on the road.

I am 70 yrs old and ride a big bike here in Melbourne. I have been riding since I was 14 yrs old.I drive carefully and try to avoid all the other idiots on the road.When I come to thailand i always rent a little 150 cc bike and I have the time of my life on them

They are fast enough and after all they are just a means of transport.saves using baht buses around Pattaya.

I'm inclined to agree that "Big Bikes" are unecessary in cities, or for that matter most of TH.

And anyway, I hate the awful sound of some badly customised harley with open pipes on it's 90 year old design of engine. Such an ugly noise -especially at 3.00 am!

I happily go touring - maybe 400 or 500 km or more in a day - on my 135cc Yamaha Nouvo. The engine is big enough to get me up mountains at almost the same speed (90++ kph ) as I can travel on the flat.

I don't need to prove I am "Iron Man" .... I just want to get from A to B, via Z if necessary and do it in a comfortable way. So the 135cc Twist and Go does it for me.

RIP Tovarisch .... and those who went before .... and those yet to go.

• Like 1

Terrible for the emergency services to deal with and also shocking for those who witnessed this. A body sliced in two cannot be a pretty sight for anyone except the most gruesome.

I really doubt these Pattaya Emergency guys have any problem with gore. As for the onlookers, this would have been one of the more exciting shows.

Although I didn't witness the accident here my 2 baht:

The big bike was riding at high speed.

The Thai motorbike driver swerved from utmost left to the utmost right to make a U-turn.

The Honda City driver had to brake with force in order NOT to hit the motorbike driver.

The big bike tried to avoid a collision with the braking Honda by swerving around it and yippie.........suddenly there is the culprit........still traveling from left to right.

Must have been similar to a pinball game........game over.

yes it is pathetic that people discount the facts given on every story out of bitterness and prejudice.

the story sounds quite plausible but more importantly a 750 Kawasaki is not a scooter, people get those for one reason - to feel the exhilaration of speed. Dangerous thrill seeking is the whole point - so they can feel like bad ass men. The reality is many of them are boys who would be better off at theme parks. If he was one of those jerks who roars his engine as to disturb people 20 blocks away, all day and night, I'd feel a little less sad.

• Like 1

The Thai motorbike driver swerved from utmost left to the utmost right to make a U-turn.

The Honda City driver had to brake with force in order NOT to hit the motorbike driver.

The big bike tried to avoid a collision with the braking Honda by swerving around it and yippie.........suddenly there is the culprit........still traveling from left to right.

CSI: Traffic Division!

I shouldn't be surprise as to the reaction many are generally valid? The majority of us understand how the Thai drive so when I see them do it I say to myself inside " if they don't die today it will be tomorrow " Just last night I watch a young idiot flying up Nernpludwan on the Darkside speeding crashed and thought he was dead but knocked himself silly out and sat and continue eating personally now why get up they don't even know what they are doing wrong? In the last year and half I seen same Soi two young Thais that hit head on into a turning car because they wouldn't give way even when the car already had 90% of the road and the right away both hit the hood and flew off their bikes and into a cement light pole. Instant dead!

Just because they aren't Thais doesn't mean they are following the rules here. Many of nights I leave W.S. around the Marine area while I'm sitting at the light at 2nd Rd, and Pattaya Tai I see lots of foreign tourist ( particular the MidEastern, they are the worse of the lot ) with big bikes laughing, no helmet, riving up the engine getting ready for the light to change, all juiced up with a big bike horsepower between their legs. When the light change off they go personally I couldn't care if they die seems insensitive but that is exacting what it is! There is a chance a motorbike taxi or car might have cut him off but there is nothing they could have done to prevent him from cutting himself in half. I was trained to ride a bike by the California Highway Patrol a world class road enforcement and been in many seminars given by them for road accidents. These types of accident are because the rider put themselves in a position for something like this to happen and when they do that the % is going to increase that it will!

The majority of the time you can blame them for a lot, but the license or rental shop can not control the behavior of a human being who is hell bent in showing off and the end result was he killed himself! That might seem heartless to others here but don't feel sorry for him because he wasn't Thai!

R.I.P.

Edited by thailand49

i see theres all the usual ranting about 'big bikes' being 'too big' for thailand urban areas! big bikes will never stop being rented as long as theres money to be made, its as simple as that. and big bikes will always be rented/crashed as long as theres people who think theyre a 'superhero' by renting 1.

when im in town im constantly blown away on my ER6 by thais riding scooters like lunatics, you dont need a big bike to be cut in 2 as i saw recently on farcebook where a scooter crash at a junction left a girl (i think) in 4 or 5 different bits across the road.

a hour spent in soi 13-4 is often a giggle as you watch the russians and arabs rent big bikes......"which 1 is the fastest?.......i want that 1" (and then sits there for 5 mins trying to work out how to start it or needs to be shown how to select a gear......priceless)

well lets hope i manage to survive another 12-18000 clicks on my next trip out there.........(reminds me, i need to buy another bike, how much are the speed triples these days?)

The report says "some images may be disturbing". How so? they are all pixelated out.

I've seen the video clip of the scene, pretty disturbing.

Where can we see that?

Wise words but we are talking about a 750cc motorbike. There is no need for more than a twist and go for getting around.
Not everyone like to sit on a ladybike. I myself prefere Enduro Style bikes, because the bad roads and potholes. But no ladybike, thanks. Then it's better to sit in a song tew taxi.

I have a big bike, not in Pattaya, I travel thousand's of kilo's on open roads and that is why I have it. When I am in the city and all the little bikes squeeze through the gaps I would easily swap to get me somewhere quicker.

If you want a bike as an extention of your manhood well that's up to you, Kawasaki750cc for the sreets in and around Pattaya is nonesence. You may have knowledge of riding a big bike so you should know which is best for city use, unfortunitly many unskilled riders are renting these penisextentions witout proper checks and sadly the bigman attitude ends up killing them.

• Like 2

I see and hear these clowns flying up and down small soi's, on busier main roads and I think to myself here comes another one who will bite the dust, injure passangers or other vehicles/motorbikes. I see them scare other motorbike riders by coming up behind them and reving the engines. These people have no clue how to maintain that many "cc" amd have never driven them before. Same said for tourists who are on smaller bikes, they have never driven a bike before and now they are driving and putting others in harms way. They should ban the use of anything over 130cc unless you have a Thai motorbike license. They certainly should not be renting them out, these clowns are roving death traps. But that makes too much sense-sorry

CSI: Traffic Division!

"Thai Visa CSI"

Why does everyone think that renting a BIG bike is stupid. Would you drive a 125cc to Koh Chang.......NOT.

Not everyone who rents bikes only ride them in the city you know?

Jesus man I've been riding choppers for 30 years strait and in Thailand you have to be EXTRA careful. It's not the renters fault.

horrific accident , I guess this guy was not "used" to drive such powerful motorcycle ..Maybe the rental could ask the people some proper driving license ... shoking one more time .

Yes, and, maybe the stories of the of the motorcycle taxi rider and the driver of the Honda City arte a total fabrication. Wouldn't be the first time would it they lies would be more advantageous

that being honest.

And of course it must have been the Russians fault because had he not been in the country it would not (could not) have happened.

Maybe you are right. It is never the biker's fault. Same in UK. So many bikers weave in and out, greatly exceed speed limits, try passing on the nearside, cut in front of other vehicles, but it is never their fault when there is an accident. Just read the denial reports from the Biking fraternity. . . . . whistling.gif

I really doubt these Pattaya Emergency guys have any problem with gore. As for the onlookers, this would have been one of the more exciting shows.

They Don't, lad at work runs for the local crew and often he is late for work but will proudly show pics of him and fellow emergency guys posing (with a big smile) whilst proudly holding up various body parts that have been scraped up off the road during the night.