Russian Dies In Horrific Road Crash In Jomtien

webfact

The report says "some images may be disturbing". How so? they are all pixelated out.

I've seen the video clip of the scene, pretty disturbing.

Where can we see that?

its been removed from Youtube seemingly but remains on this users facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ceclip its not a direct link to the video, but you'll need to just scroll down. Needless to say its graphic, so if anyone is about to have their dinner perhaps don't bother.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad story, but driving in Thailand is a gamble no matter what or where you drive. It is the 6th most dangerous country to drive in of all countries around the world, and I assume it's not 100% because of the farang's driving habits...

Driving a car, elephant, boat, scooter, bike and also walking, drinking, sleeping and using public transportation is a gamble in the LOS especially if you are a Farang.

• Like 1

The report says "some images may be disturbing". How so? they are all pixelated out.

I've seen the video clip of the scene, pretty disturbing.

Where can we see that?

its been removed from Youtube seemingly but remains on this users facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ceclip its not a direct link to the video, but you'll need to just scroll down. Needless to say its graphic, so if anyone is about to have their dinner perhaps don't bother.

Thanks. Yes, that is very graphic.

Would anyone care to guess at what speed he must have hit the pole to severe his body? It must have been very fast considering it's not a sharp object.

I wonder if he was conscious for a short period?

My wife witnessed something more gruesome in person once. A 13 year old boy was crossing the road to hand food to his father who was sitting in a truck parked on the side of the road as a speeding jeepney came along and severed his body into many pieces. The boy managed to hand his father the lunch just before the impact and ended up with his son's blood and intestines splashed all over him as bodyparts flew everywhere.

Now he only has 14 kids.

Edited by tropo

Driving a car, elephant, boat, scooter, bike and also walking, drinking, sleeping and using public transportation is a gamble in the LOS especially if you are a Farang.

I'm happy with my chances driving my pickup, walking or in a Bahtbus, and also whilst drinking, eating and sleeping.

But you wont be seeing me on any sort of motorbike, ever. I have heard the sirens of the ambulances going to all the recent motorbike deaths on Jomtien 2nd Rd, including this one. That's more than enough excitement for me.

I'm happy with my chances driving my pickup, walking or in a Bahtbus, and also whilst drinking, eating and sleeping.

But you wont be seeing me on any sort of motorbike, ever. I have heard the sirens of the ambulances going to all the recent motorbike deaths on Jomtien 2nd Rd, including this one. That's more than enough excitement for me.

There's some very rough patches on that road which could cause a bike traveling at high speed to lose control.

Edited by tropo
  • Like 1

There's some very rough patches on that road which could cause a bike traveling at high speed to lose control.

But that's a new build road isn't it giggle.gif

Although I didn't witness the accident here my 2 baht:

The big bike was riding at high speed.

The Thai motorbike driver swerved from utmost left to the utmost right to make a U-turn.

The Honda City driver had to brake with force in order NOT to hit the motorbike driver.

The big bike tried to avoid a collision with the braking Honda by swerving around it and yippie.........suddenly there is the culprit........still traveling from left to right.

Must have been similar to a pinball game........game over.

Pure speculation is always a good idea.

Why does everyone think that renting a BIG bike is stupid. Would you drive a 125cc to Koh Chang.......NOT.

Not everyone who rents bikes only ride them in the city you know?

Jesus man I've been riding choppers for 30 years strait and in Thailand you have to be EXTRA careful. It's not the renters fault.

Really like to see you ride your bike to Koh Chang, "man", it's an island isn't it? Maybe, ironically, you are Jesus.

I'm inclined to agree that "Big Bikes" are unecessary in cities, or for that matter most of TH.

And anyway, I hate the awful sound of some badly customised harley with open pipes on it's 90 year old design of engine. Such an ugly noise -especially at 3.00 am!

I happily go touring - maybe 400 or 500 km or more in a day - on my 135cc Yamaha Nouvo. The engine is big enough to get me up mountains at almost the same speed (90++ kph ) as I can travel on the flat.

I don't need to prove I am "Iron Man" .... I just want to get from A to B, via Z if necessary and do it in a comfortable way. So the 135cc Twist and Go does it for me.

RIP Tovarisch .... and those who went before .... and those yet to go.

Wow. 400-500ks on a scooter. I did that on my 250cc Ninja and that was tiring. I can't imagine doing it on a Nouvo.

Yes, some people want bikes for bullshyt reasons, but it's not the reason most ride bikes or prefer a bigger bike to a scooter. I'm more comfortable on a larger frame bike (than a scooter), I sit higher, so can see more and it's more stable due to the increased weight. There are lots of reasons for wanting a bigger bike instead of a scooter.

I'm inclined to agree that "Big Bikes" are unecessary in cities, or for that matter most of TH.

And anyway, I hate the awful sound of some badly customised harley with open pipes on it's 90 year old design of engine. Such an ugly noise -especially at 3.00 am!

I happily go touring - maybe 400 or 500 km or more in a day - on my 135cc Yamaha Nouvo. The engine is big enough to get me up mountains at almost the same speed (90++ kph ) as I can travel on the flat.

I don't need to prove I am "Iron Man" .... I just want to get from A to B, via Z if necessary and do it in a comfortable way. So the 135cc Twist and Go does it for me.

RIP Tovarisch .... and those who went before .... and those yet to go.

Wow. 400-500ks on a scooter. I did that on my 250cc Ninja and that was tiring. I can't imagine doing it on a Nouvo.

Yes, some people want bikes for bullshyt reasons, but it's not the reason most ride bikes or prefer a bigger bike to a scooter. I'm more comfortable on a larger frame bike (than a scooter), I sit higher, so can see more and it's more stable due to the increased weight. There are lots of reasons for wanting a bigger bike instead of a scooter.

You're sitting higher requirement is not valid for a superbike/sportsbike. The riding position is laid down over the tank. Your visibility is way less than on a scooter. They're just not practical for around down. They're not even useful for long distance. They have no practical use at all other than being a phallic symbol for guys short on ego and brains, or racing. I too used to own one in my late teens and early 20's. I'm lucky I survived that period - very lucky.

horrific accident , I guess this guy was not "used" to drive such powerful motorcycle ..Maybe the rental could ask the people some proper driving license ... shoking one more time .

Yes, and, maybe the stories of the of the motorcycle taxi rider and the driver of the Honda City arte a total fabrication. Wouldn't be the first time would it they lies would be more advantageous

that being honest.

And of course it must have been the Russians fault because had he not been in the country it would not (could not) have happened.

First RIP very sad and for such a young man

and above .........one of the stupidest posts I've ever read on TV, next thing you're going to tell us it was someone else twisting his right hand to speeds that I can only imagine to cause such an injury - and I've been a Marshall at the TT

to cause such an injury - and I've been a Marshall at the TT

You call that an injury?... his lower body in the middle of the road and his upper body quite a distance away face down on the median strip.

You call that an injury?... his lower body in the middle of the road and his upper body quite a distance away face down on the median strip.
and you would call it what - don't even bother

and you would call it what - don't even bother

Was it an upper body injury or a lower body injury?...don't even bother.smile.png

What's wrong with the english language newspapers, why are all the pictures scrambled ? Either don't put any pictures at all or show it all... rolleyes.gif

I agree. I've got some great snaps from the video though. It is shocking. There wasn't as much blood as you'd think after having the body severed at the waist... or have I been watching too many Spartacus episodes?

• Like 1

how distasteful is that - sick deranged stnuc

a moderator should close this thread as a mark of respect

unsubscribed forthwith

Last time I checked, nearly 12 hours ago there was over 26,000 likes for the video on the Thai Facebook channel for an incident which occurred on Monday night.

In this modern word people are fascinated by gore. The movie industry hasn't helped one bit.

There is a vid on Youtube that I refused to watch.

As my 'ol dad used to say... The tarmac is just as hard when the sun shines!

R.I.P.

This is true, but as a rather long straight road with relatively little traffic and hardly any buildings or pedestrians at the far end, I suspect that it does attract a lot of people on large bikes who are tempted to ride at high speed (or in cars too, for that matter).

Sad story, but driving in Thailand is a gamble no matter what or where you drive. It is the 6th most dangerous country to drive in of all countries around the world, and I assume it's not 100% because of the farang's driving habits...

This ought to be interesting:

Why is it especially dangerous to be a Farang?

unsubscribed forthwith

Last time I checked, nearly 12 hours ago there was over 26,000 likes for the video on the Thai Facebook channel for an incident which occurred on Monday night.

In this modern word people are fascinated by gore. The movie industry hasn't helped one bit.

Do you think they'd be less interested if simulated gore weren't in films? It's interesting to note that photos of horrible things were plenty popular, long before they were ever seen in films...

Anyway, off topic. (So I won't cite any examples)

unsubscribed forthwith

Do you think they'd be less interested if simulated gore weren't in films? It's interesting to note that photos of horrible things were plenty popular, long before they were ever seen in films...

Anyway, off topic. (So I won't cite any examples)

Good point. Public executions were considered entertainment in days of old.... and severed corpses were put on display.... for example after a "quartering".

This is true, but as a rather long straight road with relatively little traffic and hardly any buildings or pedestrians at the far end, I suspect that it does attract a lot of people on large bikes who are tempted to ride at high speed (or in cars too, for that matter).

It's a great road to ride as there is relatively little traffic - especially at the far end. The rough patches will certainly get worse as the rainy season approaches and the rain and heat play havoc. The other problem is that at the far end there STILL is no streetlight activation so you will be driving in the dark from middle road till Chayapoom (sp.)

I drive "like an old lady" (according to my ex) but have never had a serious accident on my simple manual Honda scooter.

Did he have a drivers license? The hiring places are very lax in checking

Doesn't matter, as outside bangkok people pay 500 baht to get them without a test.

Iam "outside of Bangkok"........... where do I go to pay 500b for my bike licence ?