Gwf Number*?

The calendar works on a rolling two weeks. I picked a 14.20 appointment for my GF. It was busy but seemed to work well. I got a cheque from the B of A just down the road and they told me to do a smaller amount than advised due to the exchange. I asked the bank clerk "are you sure?" And she said it was no problem. Visa came through after 16 days and now I am back here in Blighty with the fire on raining outside and my 22yo TGF watching Thai tv. Happy days!

I bought a one way air ticket and at a stopover in Delhi they said it will be a problem as she did not have a return ticket.

At LHR I went through EU Passport and sent her on to non EU. At passport control I said I was worried I had scewed up and explained. The UKBA man said it was no problem. As long as she had a visa she would be landed. He asked me to go and get her out out of the non EU line and he would land her.

I could not find her in the Q but it was quick and I waited for her and the BA called me over and said why no return ticket. I said she was here for 95% of her visa time and the BKK -LHR return ticket was silly money and cheaper to do two singles. I said she will return for the expiry date of the visa and he was happy and landed her.

If anyone is interested in my visa application pack and the general content I am happy to share.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The form is completed and submitted online. You take a paper copy to your appointment with supporting documents. When you start the online form, you're given a GWF reference.

http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/

Well thats a pain in the arse - essentially you have to fill in the application before even viewing the availability of possible appointments. Cheers

The calendar works on a rolling two weeks. I picked a 14.20 appointment for my GF. It was busy but seemed to work well. I got a cheque from the B of A just down the road and they told me to do a smaller amount than advised due to the exchange. I asked the bank clerk "are you sure?" And she said it was no problem. Visa came through after 16 days and now I am back here in Blighty with the fire on raining outside and my 22yo TGF watching Thai tv. Happy days!

I bought a one way air ticket and at a stopover in Delhi they said it will be a problem as she did not have a return ticket.
At LHR I went through EU Passport and sent her on to non EU. At passport control I said I was worried I had scewed up and explained. The UKBA man said it was no problem. As long as she had a visa she would be landed. He asked me to go and get her out out of the non EU line and he would land her.
I could not find her in the Q but it was quick and I waited for her and the BA called me over and said why no return ticket. I said she was here for 95% of her visa time and the BKK -LHR return ticket was silly money and cheaper to do two singles. I said she will return for the expiry date of the visa and he was happy and landed her.
If anyone is interested in my visa application pack and the general content I am happy to share.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Share away......!

The form is completed and submitted online. You take a paper copy to your appointment with supporting documents. When you start the online form, you're given a GWF reference.

http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/

Well thats a pain in the arse - essentially you have to fill in the application before even viewing the availability of possible appointments. Cheers

No, you don't. Just fill out the first couple of pages of the online application, then click on save. This gives you a GWF number ( but keep a note of the number, the password, and the email address used as you need these to login into the site again to complete the form). Then go to the VFS Thailand website, and book an appointment from there. Saved data, on the visa4uk online application page, is only kept for 7 days, so just login, amend something, and save again, and that gives you another 7 days.