Does Anyone Know About New Preschool Krabi International Montessori In Ao Nang?

MeeSoo

We plan to move to Krabi from Phuket and looking for a kindergarten/nursery for our children (2 and 4 years old).

I found this website

www.krabimontessori.com

and it looks great!

But I would like to hear from parents who have children there.

Anybody here, who has experiences with this kindergarden?

• Like 1

I don't have personal experience, but a good friend of mine has just enrolled his daughter there 2 weeks ago and is very happy with the school. His wife has also been posting videos on Facebook of some of the school activities and it looks to be a very good school to me. His daughter is 3 1/2 years old. He has said that she is also very happy with the school and looks forward to going each day.

• Like 1

We plan to move to Krabi from Phuket and looking for a kindergarten/nursery for our children (2 and 4 years old).

I found this website

www.krabimontessori.com

and it looks great!

But I would like to hear from parents who have children there.

Anybody here, who has experiences with this kindergarden?

It is only registered as a nursery and not as a Montessori School, if you want to enroll your child in a registered Montessori school in Krabi, you can, at the British International School of Krabi. Tel 075644097. Or if you wish look it up on Facebook.

Edited by nontabury
  • Like 1

Thanks for your responses!

I know about the British International School, my best friends had a personal experience with this school but they were not happy with it and had to move to Phuket.

My kids need a kindergarten so we are looking for other options in Ao Nang, Krabi.

I know others who were not happy with the BIS Krabi or Nawattaphume International School, as it is also called and they moved to Phuket. You wanna go the opposite direction ?

True, a number of the parents are, and have not been too happy with this school, this all stems from the person at the top.however it's only fair to point out that the kindergarten and the lower school are run by dedicated and caring teachers, who are trying to do a good job in spite of a lack of professional support. The main problem, there is no alternative to this school for those parents who wish for their children to obtain a good education in the Krabi area,after they reach the age of 9 yrs. Therefore the older pupils tend to move on, usually to different areas of the country, and in some instances the parents consider they have no alternative than to return to their country of origin.

Edited by nontabury

I know others who were not happy with the BIS Krabi or Nawattaphume International School, as it is also called and they moved to Phuket. You wanna go the opposite direction ?

We are tired of living in Phuket and would like to move to Krabi. Lack of choices in schools held us back before.

I hope now the situation has been changed since Krabi area is getting developed fast.

Hi, occasionally I saw your topic and your question and I can give you the answer.

My daughter (4 years old) is attending this kindergarden. She started studying there in December, when it just opened.

So I can see the result and how it is going.

As a parent i am satisfied with this Montessory school.

They have an experienced Montessori teacher and she is a native English speaker.

The children are from different countries but they communicate with the teacher in English.

We are from Ukraine.

All the learning materials are real Montessori materials.

They also have a good playground, healthy homemade food.

This year only 3-6 years class was working, but the next year they are about to start 1-3 year class also.

If you have some other questions, feel free to ask.

Edited by newliker
  • Like 2

Hi, occasionally I saw your topic and your question and I can give you the answer.

My daughter (4 years old) is attending this kindergarden. She started studying there in December, when it just opened.

So I can see the result and how it is going.

As a parent i am satisfied with this Montessory school.

They have an experienced Montessori teacher and she is a native English speaker.

The children are from different countries but they communicate with the teacher in English.

We are from Ukraine.

All the learning materials are real Montessori materials.

They also have a good playground, healthy homemade food.

This year only 3-6 years class was working, but the next year they are about to start 1-3 year class also.

If you have some other questions, feel free to ask.

I'm not on this thread to promote one school, or to slang off another,but simple to give my unbiased opinion on the merits of the two schools, and in doing so I've posted two replies in an honest and truthful way. However I notice that the 0P MeeSoo placed his post on the SAME day that he signed up to TV,now we have Newliker who has made his first and only post today 3rd June, and again within two hours of joining TV, saying quote " Hi,OCCASIONALLY I saw your topic ".

If your intention is to advertise and promote a business better that you just come out and say so,then people may believe what you say.

Newliker you are from the Ukraine,may I compliment you on your English,it puts the majority of English speaking people to shame.

Thank for saying my English is very good.

My daughter do attend the Montessori kindergarten in Ao Nang (Krabi International Montessori).

I do OCCASIONALLY saw this webpage while googling about Montessory method and I saw there is a question to parent which has some experience about this Montessori kindergarden, so I wanted to help the person who was asking and tell my opinion.

But I don't have account in Thai Visa forum, that's why I signed up trouth facebook page and gave that answer. That's all.

My daughter are happy going to her kindergarten and if you are interested in it, you can ask me questions about it, or go there and see all the process with your own eyes. If not and you are not interested in choosing a kindergarten for your child, why should we keep talking about it?

The kindergarten has its own facebook page too - https://www.facebook.com/Krabi.Montessori?fref=ts

There are photoes of children (and my daughter also) while working with Montessori materials and other photoes of the kindergarten.

Edited by newliker
  • Like 1

Thank you everyone for your responses!

I'm appreciative of your efforts to making my right choice! It is very helpful. I hope to visit both schools very soon to have my personal opinion.

Thank you!

I've just moved to Krabi also and am in the same position of looking for a suitable pre-school for my 3 year-old; I did go to visit both BISK and Krabi International Montessori and was honestly not wowed by either...I was basically told by the International Montessori when I questioned about its astronomical fees that it was not really for Thai people....I found this really disrespectful as I was standing there with my Thai husband and half-Thai child!

I then heard that there is in fact another Montessori that has recently just opened in Laem Pho in Ao Nammao, I went to visit there and got a much better welcome and felt it was a more home-from-home atmosphere with amazing outdoor space. For me personally it is definitely the better choice...but it all depends on what environment you want for your kids. Hope this was helpful...

It's good that Krabi now has several nurseries to choose from. Parents can come to each of them, take a look, talk to the teachers and stuff, and choose the best place for their children.

As for the Krabi International Montessori, which my daughter attends, they have half-thai children in their group and all the kids study together and play together and make friends. The parents of that half-thai children are happy with the kindergarden.

I am happy too as children learn English and even other languages, because there are children from different countries and them all repeat the words that they hear from one another.

Edited by newliker

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there.

I've only just joined this forum -because I'm about to move to Krabi myself- and read this discussion with great interest. I'll be the new Academic Director at Krabi International Montessori School, so if you're still deciding which school to choose I'd be glad to answer any questions you may have.

I land in Bangkok next week and -after loitering there for a bit- will arrive in Krabi in about three weeks time, so if you'd like to stop by the school and chat I'll be available pretty much any time that suits you.

Alternatively, send me a PM if you've any questions you'd like addressed before then.

aj18032: I'm sorry to hear your initial exposure to the school was negative, but if you've not made a final decision about a school I'd like to extend the same invitation to you. If you have, all the very best for the next school year and I hope your child thrives in that environment.

Best regards,

Liam.

• Like 1