Phone Book

jdf1

Anyone know where I can get phone book Chiang Mai, white and yellow pages in english

Call 1188 for talking yellow pages in English

1188.....is that a free call or pay. been here 7 yrs and never heard of it. wife does most of my looking/translating in thai phone book, but even so, thais have a totally different way of organizing their reference books. takes her 10 minutes to find the simplest thing.

thanks for the tip!!

Anyone know where I can get phone book Chiang Mai, white and yellow pages in english

1188.....is that a free call or pay. been here 7 yrs and never heard of it. wife does most of my looking/translating in thai phone book, but even so, thais have a totally different way of organizing their reference books. takes her 10 minutes to find the simplest thing.

thanks for the tip!!

Their system is alphabetical, just like ours. But with 46 consonants, and 27 vowel combinations (I think), most Thais don't remember/don't know how it goes...

Edited by Ajarn

Their system is alphabetical, just like ours. But with 46 consonants, and 27 vowel combinations (I think), most Thais don't remember/don't know how it goes...

Also bear in mind that phones in Thai households are normally registered in the maid's name, Which makes it even harder. :o

Friend of mine mentioned tonight his girlfriend told him it costs him 7 baht a minute for him to call my mobile from his landline.

Anyone know if that's correct?

She's nuts if you live in Thailand. :o

thanks for the tip!!

It is 7 baht a min ( I think) they tell you the cost when the operator comes on. Press 1 for Thai 2 for English, and the operatores speak English a lot better than the ones you get on talking pages back home in England. And they're very polite.

Friend of mine mentioned tonight his girlfriend told him it costs him 7 baht a minute for him to call my mobile from his landline.

I'm pretty sure ( I can't find a bill at the mo) that it costs 14 baht a minute, because I remaked that calling UK using 00844 instead of 00144 only costs 9 baht a minute, yet to call inside Thailand costs a lot more.

thanks for the tip!!

It is 7 baht a min ( I think) they tell you the cost when the operator comes on. Press 1 for Thai 2 for English, and the operatores speak English a lot better than the ones you get on talking pages back home in England. And they're very polite.

What operator are you talking about? I've called lots of mobile numbers from my landline, and no operator has ever appeared

She's nuts if you live in Thailand. :o

My apologies. The 'landline' part didn't sink in....

I have no idea how much it costs from a landline...

What operator are you talking about? I've called lots of mobile numbers from my landline, and no operator has ever appeared

The Yellow pages operator of course..............who do you think I'm on about. Jeez, and you're an Ajarn. Maybe it's right what they say.

The Yellow pages operator of course..............who do you think I'm on about. Jeez, and you're an Ajarn. Maybe it's right what they say.

Rudeness doesn't suit you...