Immigration Address Verification Document

I am buying a second-hand car from up north and will be driving back to Bangkok. The car dealer is asking for an Immigration Address Verification Document.

Last year when I got a 5 year driver's license, I needed to get this document (and made a copy). Has anyone else here needed this document when buying a car, and did it need to be an original ?

Thanks

Edited by legman

I assume you are talking about what is more commonly known as "letter of residency". Frankly, I don't know wether your car dealer won't sell you a car if you don't have a recently issued version, but if I were you, I'd just try to give him your copy from last year and see what he says.

You need an original and it will say on the document what it was issued for (in this case to purchase a car).

You need to fill out a form, bring two passport photos, copies of your passport (picture page, visa page and - wassatcalledthepieceofpaperyougetonentry). You have to pay a fee of 200 baht for it and it takes a day to get it in Pattaya.

(I just went through this yesterday so have it in fresh memory)

You need an original and it will say on the document what it was issued for (in this case to purchase a car).

You need to fill out a form, bring two passport photos, copies of your passport (picture page, visa page and - wassatcalledthepieceofpaperyougetonentry). You have to pay a fee of 200 baht for it and it takes a day to get it in Pattaya.

(I just went through this yesterday so have it in fresh memory)

Same in Nan immigration but it is free