Renewing My One Year Family Fisit Visa

I received my one year multi entry family visit visa from the consulat in Los Angeles one year ago. My ex wife helped me out by providing all the paper work and a letter stating were still married in thailand. She lives in the US and I live in thailand and don't want to ask her for help again. I have all the original paper work but hte letter is a year old.

Can I easily get another one year family visit in Laos or Cambodia. I have all the same paper work from before and proof of residence in thailand and a bank account here.

I know when I go back the the US I can get my ex-wifes help again and get it at Los Angeles but would rather do it on my own.

Im to young to get a retirement visa and don't need or want a bussiness.

I received my one year multi entry family visit visa from the consulat in Los Angeles one year ago. My ex wife helped me out by providing all the paper work and a letter stating were still married in thailand. She lives in the US and I live in thailand and don't want to ask her for help again. I have all the original paper work but hte letter is a year old.

Can I easily get another one year family visit in Laos or Cambodia. I have all the same paper work from before and proof of residence in thailand and a bank account here.

I know when I go back the the US I can get my ex-wifes help again and get it at Los Angeles but would rather do it on my own.

Im to young to get a retirement visa and don't need or want a bussiness.

from cambodia, i would say if your paperwork is in order you will receive a single entry non-immigrant O visa. generaly in south east asia, they are expecting you to enter on a O visa and then to get a one-year extension of stay from thai immigration. your wife will need to be there for the extension immigation interview for sure. you mentioned that this may not be possible since she is in the US.

you could fly back and go to los angeles, if not maybe some one on the forum has recently pulled a multi-entry one year visa from penang and can give you a green light for that location.

I went to thai immigration and they said I need to go to an embassy outside thailand. I never had to have my wife around for the first one just a letter stating were married in thailand and that I will spend alot of time here. I was hoping one of the embassies from a close country might not be too strict and just give it to me.

Edited by wincen

I went to thai immigration and they said I need to go to an embassy outside thailand.

yes for a new visa you will need to visit an embassy/consulate outside thailand. for a one year extension that comes from thai immigration.

I never had to have my wife around for the first one just a letter stating were married in thailand and that I will spend alot of time here. I was hoping one of the embassies from a close country might not be too strict and just give it to me.

you will most likely need a copy of her thai ID also with marriage cerificate. i think cambodia may only issue a single entry, maybe another member can post a recent penang or laos experience.

K.L. definately do a multi, you will need:-

Photos

Passport + copies

Copy of wifey's ID (PP and / or Thai ID card)

Marriage cert (English is OK) + copies

500 Ringgit fee

Some have been asked for a copy of the missus house registration (I wasn't but I had the wife with me).

Drop in at the Embassy 9.30 (they have the forms there), pick up next morning at 11.00.

I have nothing but praise for the Thai Embassy in K.L. very well organised. Get there at 9.00, the security man gives you the form and you can sit in the shade to fill it in whilst waiting for the office to open. Happy to make copies (free) of documents you forgot to copy. Photo booth inside (but you miss your spot in the queue if you need to use it).

BUT!!

PLEASE remember that you are actually applying for a visa to which you are not entitled (you're no longer married), so if you get found out (unlikely, I admit, unless someone shops you) you are in for a short trip to a flight home.

Edited by Crossy

You said you had the multi for a year ..............has it expired already? if not you could do a quick border trip to buy you another 90 days stay while you get sorted out.

I can see wifey sending the docs over being a major headache...........unfortunately the only other option open to you is to go down to Penang and apply for a triple entry tourist visa via an agent..................this will give you 9 months in total here and you will still only have to go to the border evey 90 days......... although you will have the added expense of 30 day extensions every 60 days.

Penang is about the most visa friendly Embassy/ Consulate in this region .

Take all of the paperwork you can get together to Penang and you should be ok, although these things are never gauranteed. The worst you will get there is a 2 or 3 entry tourist visa.

Usualy what you do there is apply for multi non-imm visa and if you are not sucessful they will give you the tourist visa and refund the ballance.

As thaiflyer said if you go out and back on the last day of your current non-imm visa you will be given another 90 days making the visa effectively just short of 15 months.

Good Luck with everything.

Thanks for all the help. I think KL may be the best. I think air asia flies direct from chiang mai were i live.

My visa expired 5 days ago but I got the new 90 day stamp 6 days ago from PP cambodia. Unfortunatly I thought the embassy would be open on saturday in PP so my trip to cambodia for this purpose was wasted.

I have all the paperwork including a letter form my wife that were marrried. Now I still have 3 months to get my new one year multi entry.

The Thai embassy in LA knows were divorced in the US and said it didn't matter since were not divroced in thailand. That doesn't mean another embassy wouldn't get upset if they found out we were divorced.

Thanks for the help.