Ubon Ratchathani News & Development

ubonrthai

Starting a new thread to try to combine some of the news from around Ubon starting with...

A new overpass is going to be built at the Wanarom intersection. This is where the ring road and Chayangkun Rd. meet. The overpass will go up and over Chayangkun Rd. This is the most congested intersection on the ring road and will be a significant improvement. No idea when it will be begin though.

post-103222-0-80294500-1368859374_thumb.

A new condo is coming by a company that already has condos in Udon, Mahasarakham and Khon Kaen. Somewhere along Chayangkun Rd. No word on prices yet as they just made the announcement. Should know in June.

Website doesn't have info on Ubon condo yet.

Facebook is where they announced the Ubon condo.

post-103222-0-02686600-1368860668_thumb.

post-103222-0-64084900-1368860690_thumb.

Edited by ubonrthai
  • Like 1

A 3rd condo will be built by a company called Phetcharat Land & House. They are currently working on a pretty large townhouse project called "Chayangkul Village" on a piece of property that separates Chayangkun 40 and 42 straight East of Big C but they haven't even purchased land for the condo yet. 3 story townhouses go for 2.5mil and I think 2 stories start at 1.6mil.

The current townhouse project has a Facebook page.

Also advertising here.

post-103222-0-91898300-1368862286_thumb.

Edited by ubonrthai

Yet another new Toyota dealer will be going up next to Central.

post-103222-0-37910700-1368864074_thumb.

Still not sure what is going up behind Central though. Parking security said an international school and a housing development. Anyone else know?

post-103222-0-78468400-1368864140_thumb.post-103222-0-51426400-1368864142_thumb.

You might remember Ubon's Salaklang (provincial government building) being burned on May 19, 2010. See here and here and

. The new one is almost finished just outside of town on the road to Yasothon.

post-103222-0-21054800-1368864656_thumb.

Edited by ubonrthai

To add a little more to what's going up in Ubon, Global House are well on the way with construction on the ring road. Its just before the bridge on the right that goes over the train line between the Sisaket road and the where Bid C Warin is. All Ubon needs is another hardware place. Also just what Ubon needs is another shopping center. "The Mall" has started or is about to start construction of it's new center on the road to Yasothon near the new courthouse and where the new second ring road will be. Another whisper I heard was near Central on Sappasit road, Bangkok Hospital are planning a project there. Could be a rumour. Cheers

• Like 1

The Mall Group? As in the same company that owns the Paragon? http://themallgroup.com

I can't find any info about it yet but did see someone recently ask about it on a Thai forum as well. Interesting.

More about the 2nd and 3rd ring roads here.

attachicon.gifMonOctober2012225042_news3262.jpg

Can't find any more updates on the hospital other than what we discussed here.

Yes as in The Mall Group. My info came from a reliable source in Ubon.

The Mall Group? As in the same company that owns the Paragon? http://themallgroup.com

I can't find any info about it yet but did see someone recently ask about it on a Thai forum as well. Interesting.

More about the 2nd and 3rd ring roads here.

attachicon.gifMonOctober2012225042_news3262.jpg

Can't find any more updates on the hospital other than what we discussed here.

Yes as in The Mall Group. My info came from a reliable source in Ubon.
Well well Ubonrthai. You didn’t know about the Mall development. We old hands in the “know” have heard about this for several months. I tell you what, it is all action on the north west side of town. Thank you Alias John.

I guess I don’t have to tell you Ubonrthai as you seem to have a finger on every development in Ubon city, but I guess today you saw the dozens of trucks doing work on the swampy ground in front of Ratchathani University, opposite Central. Informed sources say that Central has purchased Ratchathani University to build a resort complex and maybe a golf course there. Central will build a new campus for Ratchathani University up past the new Mall project on the Yasothorn road.

But hey, why am I telling you this? You would know this already. Sorry for the old news.

With all this shopping development taking place in Ubon (Central, The Mall, Global House) the cost of living must increase. I wonder how the Sunee Mall is faring. I am told it is as quiet as a mouse there. Never liked it anyway. A chicken farmer building a hotel and shopping centre in a hospital!

As for the old shops in the old area of town near the river. I wonder who goes there nowadays to buy things? For example, my microwave crapped again on Friday just after it was repaired for the fourth time in the old city. I decided to drive 3 minutes from my home to Home Pro and received wonderful service, bought a new microwave and they threw in an electric cooker as a free gift. Great parking, great service, and good products.

Good news about the overhead bridge on Chaiyangkun – by pass intersection. Long over due. I am also informed that perhaps these mega loans the government has taken out to built such projects as the high speed rail system may not take place. Instead the money will come and be diverted into projects like the overhead bridge above.

Last week a person from the Central project came to buy grass seed for erosion control on their embankments along the road going back into Benchamart school. It has eroded badly. I only have seed for cows. They took some as they were in dire straits. We do have species under development for erosion control but unfortunately no seed is available at the moment.

I am interested to see where the flood waters flow to in August and September

We old hands in the “know” have heard about this for several months.

I'm not an old hand yet so I have to rely on Google instead of word of mouth. wink.png

I guess today you saw the dozens of trucks doing work on the swampy ground in front of Ratchathani University,

Not just today. Every time I drive over that bridge there's endless trucks going under. I've been meaning to take my bike down there to see where they're coming from and where they're going.

Wonder how the Sunee Mall is faring.

I've been there several times since Central opened. Seemed pretty normal. I think it's location will always keep it relevant.

I am interested to see where the flood waters flow to in August and September

You and everyone else in town.

Has anyone heard anymore about a school going up behind Central too?

I am informed that Ubon Watsudu will build a branch out opposite the new Courthouse, next to or very close to the PTT Petrol station. Up this end of town there definitely will be a choice of hardware stores from Home Mart Srimahachai, Home Hub, Thai Watsadu, Global House and now Ubon Watsudu.

Then we have for interior shopping, Home Pro and opposite them the old Ruam Sim Thai which I like for reasonably priced electrical appliances.

I only wish that more was put into repairs and maintenance than into construction of new buildings.

Sirimongkol Property out of Sisaket owns a large chunk of the land behind the Central parking lot and across the road from it. They have a sales office open now with nothing to sell yet. The lady said they'd have a web site, brochures and more info in June. She says there will be a new housing development, condo, market, stores and Nariknakun is building an international school. Those were her words. I asked about Bangkok hospital and she said she's not sure if it's near there for sure or not. If old news is correct though, it's very likely to be somewhere in Ubon. Ubon Rak hospital is also going to be expanding with 2 new buildings. Where? Not sure. There is also supposed to be a BMW dealer behind Central.

post-103222-0-49297900-1369301564_thumb.

Edited by ubonrthai

They are building a private hospital next to us in Kham yai and opposite there is going to be a new police station. Lost going on around us at the moment. New housing development across the chayangkul rd 70+ rai I hear to be started by Mrs Sunee if it goes ahead. I guess it will as all the businesses around there have been kicked out before land is cleared.

Edited by jay-uk

They are building a private hospital next to us in Kham yai and opposite there is going to be a new police station. Lost going on around us at the moment. New housing development across the chayangkul rd 70+ rai I hear to be started by Mrs Sunee if it goes ahead. I guess it will as all the businesses around there have been kicked out before land is cleared.

Can you be more specific about where in Kham Yai the new hospital and police station will be built?

Can you be more specific about where in Kham Yai the new hospital and police station will be built?

Just at the rear of the Tata showroom. 70-100m off the main rd. Entering the village the hospital will be on the left and police station just before it on the right where there is currently forest land. They are taking trees down now for the police station and soil is going in for the hospital on a 6 rai plot just sold be our neighbour.

Edited by jay-uk

All this hot Bangkok money!

It'll all end in tears unless lots of hot Bangkok people move out here. With agriculture on the up there will be no rush from (the already depleted village) to town in Isaan, which is the classic engine for fuelling urban development.

Good chance there will be some nice cheap commercial and domestic properties for investment in about 5 years time I would say.

"we're all doomed captain"!

Edited by SantiSuk

^ Lucky you didn't sell your house when you were think of it a few years ago Jay!

Hi Memock...how are you mate? Hope all the family are well and you are still enjoying Ubon. Things are moving fast around town so it will be great to visit again soon to see central and a few other places that have opened up. Have a good weekend.

Jay

All this hot Bangkok money!

It'll all end in tears unless lots of hot Bangkok people move out here. With agriculture on the up there will be no rush from (the already depleted village) to town in Isaan, which is the classic engine for fuelling urban development.

Good chance there will be some nice cheap commercial and domestic properties for investment in about 5 years time I would say.

"we're all doomed captain"!

A very sobering and troublesome thought. Edited by jcb2001

Another place that has opened up on the by-pass road is Kid Chareon. It is just past Thaiwatsadu. The paint place. Big Jotun sign up. I have for many years purchased my house and fence paint from their main shop in town. These people (nearly all ladies) know their paint. They are experts.

I always buy Captain paint, Expensive, but if applied correctly should last for 20 years or more without fading or getting mould. By applying correctly I mean, never never thin the paint down by using water or thinner.

I got my house repainted 6 years ago because the constructors who were crooks did precisely this. Now after 6 years there has been no fading or mould build up on the concrete walls and absolutely no rust on the iron work on the fence.

If I'm reading this right, it looks like there is going to be a new flight from Incheon, South Korea to Ubon, Udon, Chiang Mai, Phuket & Hat Yai starting July 14.

http://www.fly8b.com

attachicon.gifSHcard800.jpg

attachicon.gifindex.jpg

I also read that. 19900 baht return. What is this Airline? A Korean Airline? A Thai airline? I can not find out much information at all. Must be targeting Thais only with no English Website. Or is there an English website hidden somewhere.

I really don't think these Thai flights will last very long, especially not the Ubon flight.