Ubon Ratchathani News & Development

ubonrthai

Good news about Nok Air expanding. Not sure if I want to fly on their planes to Singapore unless they have a better time connection.

My screenshot cut off the rest of the times. You can take one of the later flights out of Ubon and connect to the Singapore flight later in the day.

• 2 weeks later...

On the Small Street on the Ring Road, about 200m before Makro is a new building and it had a huge sign up. Unfortunately I passed it a bit too fast, but I think it said "P Superstore"

Maybe somebody here knows more or has more details?

• 2 weeks later...

On the Small Street on the Ring Road, about 200m before Makro is a new building and it had a huge sign up. Unfortunately I passed it a bit too fast, but I think it said "P Superstore"

Maybe somebody here knows more or has more details?

Grand Opening PMart on 3 Oct 14

• 3 weeks later...

Ubon is getting a new water park called Thonglor Vista that's scheduled to open in early December. They have a Facebook page here. There are at least 6 other lap pools in town and a water park at the Sunee hotel as well.

attachicon.gif1.jpg

attachicon.gif1-5.jpg

attachicon.gif1-4.jpg

attachicon.gif1-3.jpg

attachicon.gif1-1.jpg

Good for the family but I would like a decent 50 m lap pool for exercise. I wonder why that isn't planned in the same complex?

No flights were delayed or cancelled. The "international" terminal wasn't damaged so everything has moved over there.

Thanks for the heads up, since my wife and daughter are travelling back thru there from the UK in a couple of days time.

Edited by SantiSuk

Thai Smile has already moved some of it's routes to Don Mueang. It sounds like the 2 Ubon flights may switch after October 26 which means no flights from Ubon to Suvarnabhumi. bah.gif

http://airlineroute.net/2014/09/02/tgwe-dmk-w14/

They aren't switching until at least March.

http://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/31758-thai-airways-intl-suspends-thai-smiles-bangkok-airport-switch

I was at the airport yesterday. They are doing quite a bit of work already. There is a wall that devides the airport. It is on the Westside of the airport where the stairs up begin. That wall seems to be there to stay and not just to block off the main area.

Also, I didn't see the Kanairlines stand. I saw AirAsia, Nok Air and Thai smile. I went on Kanairlines website and selected a couple of random Friday / Sunday dates to ChiangMai and they said "Sold Out". I wonder if they are really sold out or they just suspended the flights for now due to the fire.

I was at the airport yesterday. They are doing quite a bit of work already. There is a wall that devides the airport. It is on the Westside of the airport where the stairs up begin. That wall seems to be there to stay and not just to block off the main area.

Also, I didn't see the Kanairlines stand. I saw AirAsia, Nok Air and Thai smile. I went on Kanairlines website and selected a couple of random Friday / Sunday dates to ChiangMai and they said "Sold Out". I wonder if they are really sold out or they just suspended the flights for now due to the fire.

Stick your head out of your front door at the scheduled time and I'm sure you'll see one NewPixlaugh.png

Small plane - I think it just sells out a long time in advance.

• Like 1

Ubon is getting a new water park called Thonglor Vista that's scheduled to open in early December. They have a Facebook page here. There are at least 6 other lap pools in town and a water park at the Sunee hotel as well.

attachicon.gif1.jpg

attachicon.gif1-5.jpg

attachicon.gif1-4.jpg

attachicon.gif1-3.jpg

attachicon.gif1-1.jpg

Good for the family but I would like a decent 50 m lap pool for exercise. I wonder why that isn't planned in the same complex?

Didn't you see my link? There are several good 50m lap pools that have almost nobody in them if you go at the right time of day. I prefer Nari.

attachicon.gif1.jpg

attachicon.gif1-5.jpg

attachicon.gif1-4.jpg

attachicon.gif1-3.jpg

attachicon.gif1-1.jpg

Didn't you see my link? There are several good 50m lap pools that have almost nobody in them if you go at the right time of day. I prefer Nari.

Yes I saw that that link and I know all those swimming pools. I wrote "decent" 50 m pool. The university pool is quite a distance out of town (16 km), open after 4 pm and is now closed until January 2015 for repairs. The sports school pool is not well-maintained and the water quality is not desirable, Nari school pool is ok but lately they don't seem to want people to swim during the day and in the evenings most people swim across and so it is difficult to get good lengths in.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes I saw that that link and I know all those swimming pools. I wrote "decent" 50 m pool. The university pool is quite a distance out of town (16 km), open after 4 pm and is now closed until January 2015 for repairs. The sports school pool is not well-maintained and the water quality is not desirable, Nari school pool is ok but lately they don't seem to want people to swim during the day and in the evenings most people swim across and so it is difficult to get good lengths in.

Not very fussy are ya? :)

I was in N-Joy on Sunday and got talking to a few local falang teachers. Apparently one of them - a young (to me) guy who has been here only 6 weeks recently suffered an unprovoked attack while walking with friends along the shore of Huai Muang (the reservoir inside the ring road to the west of Tha Chaengsanit). He was attacked out of the blue with a pipe, but managed to get away with only a cut and bruise.

Probably best to be careful or in numbers if you choose to walk along there - apparently the south side is a magnet for youths high on drink and drugs.

I've set hash runs along the north side and that has always seemed safe enough but I have been vaguely aware of groups loafing around on the south side.

Found this on facebook. Anyone have any information.

Not sure if you saw it or not but the first post in this thread is the same fly over. I haven't heard any news about it recently but it would sure be nice to see it done.

Edited by ubonrthai
  • Like 1

Found this on facebook. Anyone have any information.

Not sure if you saw it or not but the first post in this thread is the same fly over. I haven't heard any news about it recently but it would sure be nice to see it done.

I suspect that it will not happen any time soon. All the money for such things is going to Bangkok and the south now.

No major news / development but a nice update...

3 hours ago a group of about 50 soldiers painted the wall on the airport road ( Uppalisan road ) completely white. They are giving it final touches as I am typing this.

They even painted the part of the wall white that had paintings of the King on it.

The wall looks very clean now...obviously. The road as become very bright with quite some glare to get used too ;)

Edited by NiwPix