Ubon Ratchathani News & Development

ubonrthai

• 2 weeks later...

I hear they are going to empty Huai Wangnong reservoir again after Loi Gatong and clear my end of the lake.

Hoora, hoora............clap2.gif

But, I will believe it when I see it...facepalm.gif

do you mean that they are going to knock down those concrete monstrosities that they built ??

scotty

Nooooo, going to 'try' and remove the forest that grew at the other end on the lake bed..Not sure but they might be building something else in it too...sad.png

• 2 weeks later...

Well, just completed my border run. I stopped by the new immigration, and they seem to be partially operational...there were cars parked outside and I saw a female immigration officer walking around.

On the way back from the border I went to the "old" immigration in Phibun which was full of Asians ( assuming Laotians ). So that one is still in operation. There were a few notes posted on the door ( in Thai ), maybe one of them mentions the move? See attached picture.

post-183512-14460985168716_thumb.jpg

Here is a picture of the new immigration and an overview of their location

post-183512-14460985829716_thumb.jpg

post-183512-14460986082555_thumb.jpg

It seems like the the move could actually happen pretty soon.

Edit:

Here is the exact location / coordinates of the new immigration:

Latitude: 15.200369

Longitude: 105.410140

Accuracy of GPS signal: 16 feet

http://maps.google.com/?q=15.20037,105.41014

Edited by NiwPix
  • Like 2

Thanks for the info on the new Siridhorn Immigration office.

I'm moving to Ubon from Pattaya around February/March and I appreciate this vital info about my future bureaucratic environment !! biggrin.png

Bon Voyage. Things are done very easy here.

sorry for this bad personal humor but when i read these things i get in a very bad mud because this is again an incredible bull s/h.i.t...made especially for us......the main city is ubon ratchathani , but no sir...dont make it easy ...make it hard so we can be hassle all the way long ......now....we will have to spend more gazolin and more time to go near the border in a no where zone to make our document legal....why dont they put the office directly in the midle of the lake or in pakse (laos), ..so at least we can make some kind of tourisme at the same time.

also 90 days on line for me and many others ...it is not working, because their database is not update ot full of errors.come on man ...give us a break ! i am honestly so fed up of these immigration incomprensible rules or way to focus the thing.....wich are inhuman, unfair, and not even logical.

to whom it may concern

coffee1.gif

like jim morrison said once: i am sick of these stinky boots!..lol!

Edited by VINCENT2012

• 2 weeks later...

Earlier today I spoke to a Thai that knows the builder. The person's english wasn't that good, but from what I understood, the developer is taking deposits for the condos. If there is enough interest, they will start building. If there is no interest / not enough interest, they will cancel the project and return the deposit.

Possibly. They start at 34 sq/m supposedly up to "penthouse" size whatever that is.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1156999414329139&set=a.881041365258280.1073741837.100000572756965&type=3&theater

The I Condo development project at Huai Muang has a number of 2 bedroom apartments planned. One type is a combined type with 2 bedrooms and the other a corner apartment with 2 bedrooms. Even with 2 bedrooms the areas are pretty tight.

http://thetropicalasset.com/roomtype/16/Room-Type-C-(Combined) 67 sqm

http://thetropicalasset.com/roomtype/15/Room-Type-B-(Corner) 53 sqm