Ubon Ratchathani News & Development

ubonrthai

• 3 weeks later...

According to local news, Sappasit Rd. between Benjama School and Central will be closed for 8 months starting February 7. They are building a new road and bridge.

The closure of this road will create massive traffic jams around Benjama school, the water department, Tha Waan Hin market, Chonlabrataan-Tha bor Road and the u-turn on the ring road opposite Cockpit tyre shop. I am glad I no longer have children to take to Benjama school.

Been away from Ubon for sometime has this road reopened yet?

According to local news, Sappasit Rd. between Benjama School and Central will be closed for 8 months starting February 7. They are building a new road and bridge.

The closure of this road will create massive traffic jams around Benjama school, the water department, Tha Waan Hin market, Chonlabrataan-Tha bor Road and the u-turn on the ring road opposite Cockpit tyre shop. I am glad I no longer have children to take to Benjama school.

Was still closed last week

Was at Tops yesterday and they were working on the middle section

Looks like its almost complete. After its done they will be back digging it up again when they decide they should have installed some drainage.

• Like 1

Why do Schools not check previous work history? This scumbag was arrested in Ubon this morning.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/convicted-child-abuser-peter-dundas-walbran-arrested-teaching-at-thai-school-20151206-glgply.html

"Walbran was hired to work at the school despite the fact that a simple Google search would have shown him to be a convicted paedophile."

Why do Schools not check previous work history? This scumbag was arrested in Ubon this morning.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/convicted-child-abuser-peter-dundas-walbran-arrested-teaching-at-thai-school-20151206-glgply.html

"Walbran was hired to work at the school despite the fact that a simple Google search would have shown him to be a convicted paedophile."

Cos no one here knows what they are doing..

Cos no one here knows what they are doing..

In the news froum here. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/877218-convicted-child-abuser-peter-dundas-walbran-arrested-teaching-at-thai-school/

Best to continue the discussion there.

Thank you very much, NiwPix, for your detailed update of the new location of the Ubon Ratchathani immigration office. I have used it to update the marker for this office on our map of Thailand Immigration Offices, with a link to your post, and added the mailing address in English and Thai.

Blasted Google Maps! I went and changed the postal code to 34350 for the new location in A. Sirindhorn and everything for the Ubon Ratchathani immigration office disappeared from the map. I shall recreate it, but it will probably have to wait until tomorrow.

I am guessing it was YES where he was hunting?

Thank you very much, NiwPix, for your detailed update of the new location of the Ubon Ratchathani immigration office. I have used it to update the marker for this office on our map of Thailand Immigration Offices, with a link to your post, and added the mailing address in English and Thai.

Blasted Google Maps! I went and changed the postal code to 34350 for the new location in A. Sirindhorn and everything for the Ubon Ratchathani immigration office disappeared from the map. I shall recreate it, but it will probably have to wait until tomorrow.

Done. Before Google loses the data again, or rather I mess it up due to my lack of expertise with the new Google Maps system, I post the full date here:

GPS coordinates: 15.20051,105.40981

Ubon Rachaithani Immigration

189 Moo 10 Tambon Nikhom Sang Ton-eng Lam Dom Noi

Amphoe Sirindhorn, Ubon Ratchathani 34350

ตม.จว. อุบลราชธานี

189 ม.10 ต.นิดมสร้างตนเองลำ โดมน้อย

อ.สิรินธร จ.อุบล 34350

My thanks go to Ubonjoe for providing the full Thai-style mailing address data.

Updated map is here: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?hl=en&authuser=0&mid=zgfDwlRKjQiw.ki8rj55aIYww

Edited by Maestro
Added link to updated map

Any specific reason you suspected YES?

Any specific reason you suspected YES?

No, it was the only inter school I could remember.

It seems that this person will soon be deported back to NZ and the school in Ubon may face disciplinary action if found it did not conduct the required screening tests.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11563310

This in the news forum says he is already gone. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/879694-paedophile-deported-from-thailand/

"Blues Heaven" - apparently new place not quite opened yet from what I could see on driving past a week ago. Looks like (slightly hi-so, rather than grungy) combo bar/coffee house/restaurant/music joint. Located on that junction 2 blocks south of UbonRak Hospital which sort of contains an invisible traffic circle/roundabout as a way of accessing the Second Mun bridge over to Warin Market east-side.

Could be a neat addition to the ents scene if it operates eponymously!

Anyone any more info than this?

• 2 weeks later...

Guy lives beside me told my wife this morning its now open

• Like 1

Presumably that's the Saphasit Rd from Benchama Wittaya to Central Mall and the ring road?

Thanks for the heads up - that's the way into town for many of us who live out West! I'll use it tomorrow when family goes to the fair on Candle Park.

Seems to have been a missed opportunity to put in a four-lane road and widened bridge. Yes I know that Saphasit narrows and can't be widened but they could have taken advantage of re-directing through traffic via the road that runs past the colleges towards Chaengsanit on the south side of Huai Meuang and built an interchange on Chaengsanit. No doubt persons of influence always stand in the way of common sense when it comes to road development though.

Edited by SantiSuk

Did you see they put in a new light by the bus station on the ring road that makes the Chayangkun/Ring road intersection even worse during peak times? You wait forever to get through the intersection heading West and then immediately run into the bus station light, and then sit and watch 3 rotations with hardly anyone going through while traffic backs up to the intersection. It's brilliant...

Traffic light programming is clearly engineered by idiots all over Thailand!

One day I'm sure they will get the brilliant idea that lights should be centrally controlled by operatives watching TV screens of traffic patterns (and then claim it as a great invention for Thailand). Clearly they are not going to pick-up on the pressure wires methods of switching lights to red when traffic has passed.

I did notice yesterday lunchtime that a policeman was operating the lights at the junction of Chayangkul and Thammawitti - just as I was getting frustrated at suffering four light changes in Thamawitti and no exit the guy gave us a real long clear out. Most sensible thing I've seen at a set of lights in Thailand outside of central Bangkok.

Did you see they put in a new light by the bus station on the ring road that makes the Chayangkun/Ring road intersection even worse during peak times? You wait forever to get through the intersection heading West and then immediately run into the bus station light, and then sit and watch 3 rotations with hardly anyone going through while traffic backs up to the intersection. It's brilliant...

I passed there a few hours ago and the whole set up is a joke. The traffic was backed up all the way to the intersection.

I stay not far from that area so now I will take the new road that just re-opened if I go from my home to Central Mall.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! 26.5 Mbps mobile Internet download speed. Even for Bangkok, where the app thought your phone was for that that reading (client location), this would be high. With DTAC, I never got a result higher than 7 MB when I was in Bangkok in December.

• Like 1

Well, today I noticed something I didn't expect to see here in Ubon for....hmmm...at least another 5 years smile.png

LTE!!!

Who do you have service with? Does it say LTE on your phone? My True phone only shows 4G.

It's with AIS and says LTE ( You can see it on the screenshot I posted in my initial post ). Iphone 6s

Well, today I noticed something I didn't expect to see here in Ubon for....hmmm...at least another 5 years smile.png

LTE!!!

Who do you have service with? Does it say LTE on your phone? My True phone only shows 4G.
This is my resulting Ubon.

post-33663-14525818639197_thumb.jpg

• Like 1