Ubon Ratchathani News & Development

ubonrthai

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A few days ago I heard a rumor about Makro opening up in Warin. Today I asked the manager at Makro Ubon and he looked at me like where have I been? Its been announced 3 months and everybody knows...well, I didn't :).

He said they plan on opening sometime in May and according to him, "near Big C". What he considers "near", I do not know.

Has anybody noticed any construction going on down there somewhere?

A few days ago I heard a rumor about Makro opening up in Warin. Today I asked the manager at Makro Ubon and he looked at me like where have I been? Its been announced 3 months and everybody knows...well, I didn't smile.png.

He said they plan on opening sometime in May and according to him, "near Big C". What he considers "near", I do not know.

Construction is well under way. Has been for some months. The Warin Makro site is just down the road from the Warin Big C. Same side. Coming from Warin, it is on the right hand side just before reaching Big C.

• Like 1

A few days ago I heard a rumor about Makro opening up in Warin. Today I asked the manager at Makro Ubon and he looked at me like where have I been? Its been announced 3 months and everybody knows...well, I didn't smile.png.

Construction is well under way. Has been for some months. The Warin Makro site is just down the road from the Warin Big C. Same side. Coming from Warin, it is on the right hand side just before reaching Big C.

Yep; a huge affair.

Great for the "Deep South" boys!!

they going to build a new water park on the ring road just before the ptt station and after central plaza the big land on the left the investment will be 200 milion bth. that is what the owner told me last month.

That location will be great because when the next twenty year flood comes, we can row our boats out to the park. But seriously, does Ubon need another water park? I read above from Ubonrthai that there are already these parks in Ubon.

There are 3 more water parks being built.

Fighter Jet Water park

The Splash Water Park

TJ Water Park

Here are a few other existing parks. I think there are 1 or 2 more I'm missing.

Nevada Water Park

Thong Lo Vista

Dolphin Water Park

Sunee Water Park

I often wonder if the business people here undertake due diligence when setting up a business. But then again, those that are rich here are so rich that they can throw around 200 million baht or more and it wouldn't even dent their bank account.

Perhaps owning a water park is the next big fashion/show off venture for these people in Ubon. For a few years it has been to open or build a hotel.

Anyway if indeed a park is built there, it would be nice, for me at least, if they build a 50 m swimming pool.

I personally think Ubon has to many Water Parks. But what you generally find is that the Land is key as you just sit on it until in increases. Fantastic Investment. Yes I've never seen Western Style Due Diligence in Thailand. Then again. Thai Businesses are not like Western Businesses either

Get ready for traffic cams and tickets mailed to your house. They are watching people stopped on the white line and running red lights. The sign says it starts April 1 but I heard the cams at the Wararom (Amnat) intersection is already working and tickets being mailed.

post-103222-14576141671539_thumb.jpg

If it is just red light camera, I'm safe and actually applaud it. If it is a speed camera as well, hmmm, actually I'm safe too. Whenever I'm at that intersection I seem to never approach it on a green light.

I just hope time will pass until they start putting speed cameras at random areas.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

i have a couple house fans one mira and the other is a hitari any of you ubonites know where in town i can get someone who cleans /repairs

things like this, i know if its the motor then its probably not cost effective, but i like to repair where possible, i have seen a shop that did washing

machines fridges etc but cant remember where.

regards scotty

Edited by highlander403