Ubon Ratchathani News & Development

ubonrthai

transam yes i have a compressor for blowing out the dust but i think its the motor thats mai subai.and i dont have a test meter, yes i know they are cheap to replace but i would as stated

like to buy a motor if thats what it needs and replace it, gives me something to do.

regards scotty

Throw it away and buy a new one? You've lived here too long and gone native Transam. Guess you chuck your old stuff on the dump in yhe woods on the edge of the village too!

Throw away society drives me up the wall!

• Like 1

Throw it away and buy a new one? You've lived here too long and gone native Transam. Guess you chuck your old stuff on the dump in yhe woods on the edge of the village too!

Noooooooooooo, I sell all my naff stuff......But when it comes to little money items like fans, why pay someone to fiddle with an item that costs sod all that will probably last another two weeks...sad.png

• Like 1

Noooooooooooo, I sell all my naff stuff......But when it comes to little money items like fans, why pay someone to fiddle with an item that costs sod all that will probably last another two weeks...sad.png

As long as it's not in a dangerous condition we give to the in-laws and buy new ..... with the exception of houses and vehicles tongue.png

• Like 2

Highlander. Tried the shop outside the Warin Tesco?

warin a bit far for me but if i am in the area will certainly have a look,

thanks for that marty

I think he's referring to Amorn Electronics - a well known chain in most bigger towns that does repairs as well as providing quite a lot of spare parts for electronic and household electrics equipment. Its down the right hand side of the store complex as you walk in and nearish the front.

• 2 weeks later...

Sapphasit Hospital has some abitious plans for the next decade. I think I saw two 10-story buildings, two 11 story buildings, and a 10 story parking garage. I didn't look at it too closely though.

https://youtu.be/u5KYf89y2UU

There's also a representation of what looks like a swimming pool in the video clip also. Therapeutic or hospitality, I wonder!

• 3 weeks later...

Good morning to all.

I would like to pass this information to all who LIVE or have a plan to live but have no house yet what they like in UBON or near by,

Studio Q & A have very high level ENGLISH Speaking Thai designer and he can make your dreams come true as what you have in your mind, he will transform that in the paper.

The good part is the price is normal price as there is absolutely no "farang" pricing.

Also Contracts and ALL Plans are in English & Thai.

You can find them in here as they start to re-build one of the High School beside me.

Also ALL the pictures in they Facebook are his design and build by company as he was working in BKK more than 10yrs already and now permanently in here.

He is also on call 7 days a week and can meet for future planning

https://www.facebook.com/PingPongDoor

post-10956-0-80364100-1462234999_thumb.j

• 3 weeks later...

The 24 going from Ubon to Det Udom is now being completed to be a 4 lane rd all the way.

The "new" 4 lane expansion will go over the rice fields on the east side of the narrow Ban (can't remember the name) which starts by the police box and the rd. turning left to Na Yia thumbsup.gif

Edited by bergen
  • Like 1

Ben Groundwater gets around all over the world. Thank you Memock. The bar in the photo with the two ladies is unfamiliar to me. I couldn't place just where in Ubon it is.

Perhaps people with more Ubon down-town experience could locate it for me. I would like to try it out.

The 24 going from Ubon to Det Udom is now being completed to be a 4 lane rd all the way.

The "new" 4 lane expansion will go over the rice fields on the east side of the narrow Ban (can't remember the name) which starts by the police box and the rd. turning left to Na Yia thumbsup.gif

Likewise work has started on the 4 lane expansion east of the Charoen Sri intersection on the ring road .... hopefully that will involve the bulldozing of the smelly kanom chin set up just outside our villagesmile.png

Been past there several times laying trails for bar visits by the Hash House Harriers. Never knew it was a licensed premises - not advertised as a bar outwardly. Probably just as well - looks like if you accidentally fell over inside you could be into multi-pan baht breakages. Not that I'm suggesting we get that pi$$ed-up that we fall over.

Looks like more about style and food than about drinking. Still worth checking out!

It abuts the car park of the Ratchatani Hotel where Ratchabut Road meets Kuanthani Road. It's at the same location as the Black Box Beer and BBQ kiosk marked on the attached map of a recent bar hash.

Open Wed to Sun 10:30 to 22:00 according to facebook page. I wouldn't mind betting that in that part of town it closes earlier than 10pm unless it has custom!

Bar hash apr16.docx

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It sounds like the land that's been filled next to Thai Watsadu over by Central is going to be Index Living Mall.

I am a little surprised that Index would want to be build a new Index Living Mall. Every time I go to the current Index on Chayangkun road the place is absolutely dead. Before they moved there the first Index at Sunee was only marginally better. Perhaps Index have done their due diligence and expect sales to boom out there on the ring road.

Wait long enough and the custom might arrive to justify the outlay. In the case of Global House though they must be targeting the next century to provide justification for having 8 bill checkers at the exit!

Wait long enough and the custom might arrive to justify the outlay. In the case of Global House though they must be targeting the next century to provide justification for having 8 bill checkers at the exit!

Agreed Santisuk. Global house is a joy to shop in because there is hardly any one shopping there. I wonder why? For building supplies I perfer Home Hub (Sri Rum for us old timers).

• 2 weeks later...

Sawadee to all members here!

First of all I want to introduce myself:

I'm a 60 year old Austrian living most of the time in Pattaya, but my wife is from Ubon R., so I stay average 1 week/month in a small village near Non Khun/Sisaket.

Now my question to the community:

My stepson (aged 15) just managed it to start at NARINUKUN SCHOOL , but the problem is the long way to school.

So we decided to rent an affordable room for him.

Is there anyone who could give me an advice (preferably a room very near to school)?

My son acts independently, but he is a little bit shy.

For any advices I would be very thankful.

regards

Hello

Can some one up in Ubon tell me if Pot Noodles from the U.K are available in Ubon as I have looked in Topps supermarket and cant find them in there was wondering if anyone else had seen them in another supermarket,Thank you .

Hello

Can some one up in Ubon tell me if Pot Noodles from the U.K are available in Ubon as I have looked in Topps supermarket and cant find them in there was wondering if anyone else had seen them in another supermarket,Thank you .

I don't believe they are. However Leo's in Sisaket sell them.....

Hello

I don't believe they are. However Leo's in Sisaket sell them.....

I dont suppose you are going there anytime soon ,since I live in Amnat Charoen ,Cheers