Ubon Ratchathani News & Development

ubonrthai

Good day to all,

I would like to rent a house in an Ubon moo baan before buying. Area Nai Muang ,maybe Sarin Village.

Anyone have an idea how rentals on moo baans are to be found?

Is it the juristic office or people posting ads in Big C?

Am in BKK at present but will be in Ubon District soon and have a month or so to find a rental house.

I've seen ubon homes. com but not too much on there at moment.

Anyone know any agents?

Was there last year and looked at a Sarin show home and it was ok. 

Thanks for any guidance,

Nick

Edited by phee nick
Punctuation

On 29.1.2017 at 0:31 PM, ubonrthai said:

Air Asia is opening routes to Chiang Mai and Utapao from Ubon. It's been approved but I haven't seen a time frame. Anyone know when?

Ubon - Pattaya (U-Tapao) is certain.

Partial information is available in this thread:

The metered Taxis at the airport: I was there around 11am this morning doing a delivery. I did not see a single taxi there ( not even outside at the front entrance / gate ).
I am at the airport several times per week. If I see metered Taxis, I will post it here to keep everyone updated.

Any one have any idea what they building in here as yesterday we passed there and looks like they been digging very deep and wide canal type what comes very close to main road and back site there is something going on as managed to see there is poles in the ground already....

231.jpg

5 hours ago, ubonrthai said:

Ubon to Pattaya flight is being advertised around town now. I personally can't wait until the sign says Chiang Mai or Phuket though...

Photo Feb 24, 8 45 29 AM.jpg

If you want to fly to Chiang Mai, you can do so using KAN AIR, where 15 KG of checked-in luggage is included

On 2/24/2017 at 7:44 AM, ubonrthai said:

Ubon to Pattaya flight is being advertised around town now. I personally can't wait until the sign says Chiang Mai or Phuket though...

Photo Feb 24, 8 45 29 AM.jpg

Great news. Thanks for the info. Make travelling with kids far easier instead of having to fly to BKK and then onto Patts. Personally i'd also love if they brought back the Phuket route also. 

On 2/24/2017 at 7:59 PM, siam2007 said:

If you want to fly to Chiang Mai, you can do so using KAN AIR, where 15 KG of checked-in luggage is included

I've used it a lot but they've become unreliable. They like to cancel the route the day of travel without telling you until you arrive. Happened 3x now.

• Like 1

On 22/02/2017 at 10:13 AM, MarcoH said:

Any one have any idea what they building in here as yesterday we passed there and looks like they been digging very deep and wide canal type what comes very close to main road and back site there is something going on as managed to see there is poles in the ground already....

231.jpg

The land in question belongs to Mrs Sunee. It was a swamp and she filled up all the land for development some time in the future. However, she encroached on government/local community land which runs like a long snake through her new property. She has been ordered to return this land to its original level and state. So the land fill has to be dug out to get down to the original level. I guess in the wet season it will become inundated with water and swamp plants will grow, enabling it to return to something like its original state.

I actually thought it was a canal for flood control. Behind the Debua Villa hotel there is a road that takes one to a housing estate which is now below the Sunee land fill. This estate was built in the late 1990s. The floods in 2000, 2001 and 2002, destroyed many of the houses. Now there are only remains four large two storey houses, of which one is abandoned. The concrete roads are still there. Further on behind Thai Watsudu is a temple which also suffered during these floods.

So when I saw the large and deep canal, I immediately thought it was to prevent future flood damage to these houses and the temple. Of course I was wrong. The government wants its swamp land back. 

• Like 1

Err...actually I think Ubon has been pretty progressive in rapidly constructing 4 lane sections on the main out-of-town highways in the few short years (8) that I've been around this region, so I'm not sure that the track record supports skepticism ubonrthai.

One for the Sisaket junction after those other two please! Basic overpasses to keep ring road traffic flowing are all that's needed - fancy clover-leafs would be OTT.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, SantiSuk said:

Err...actually I think Ubon has been pretty progressive in rapidly constructing 4 lane sections on the main out-of-town highways in the few short years (8) that I've been around this region, so I'm not sure that the track record supports skepticism ubonrthai.

One for the Sisaket junction after those other two please! Basic overpasses to keep ring road traffic flowing are all that's needed - fancy clover-leafs would be OTT.

I live near Kabinburi. It just makes it into Issan. All my neighbours are of Laos decent so I find I need to try to learn Laos and Thai. 

The amount of infrastructure being built near here is remarkable. Things are happening, overgrown swamps are being cleaned out and water reserves are being made. Roads are being widened and drains are being renewed. Never in visiting/living here have I seen such rapid development. 

Hi all, 

I'm new to Ubon and looking to rent a family house. Does anyone have any idea of prices?

Would also really love to meet people that have been here a while to get a feel of the area, any suggestions on places to go?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Let's hope they do proper traffic surveys to get the timing algorithms appropriate for the lights that will remain at ground level. Too often in Thailand one is left stopped a light while no little or no traffic is using the green lighted point of entry.

The standard approach seems to be that lights are given the same access time at all four points. Presumably cheaper not to have sophisticated (not really nowadays - digital stuff like that is pretty cheap) timing mechanisms but any economist would tell you that wasted time has a more damaging impact on the economy as a whole.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...