Ubon Ratchathani News & Development

ubonrthai

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 10:37 AM, ubonrthai said:

I'll need this soon too. There are stores all over the place that do this. No idea who is actually skilled at it. If you remember, please let me know how it goes.

I had CCTVUBON aka Ubon Saengthong Satcom installed 8 outdoor cameras today and yesterday. I am pleased with the way they installed everything. The boss speaks sufficient English and his sister, who also works at the shop, speaks even better English, so for me that was an advantage.

Address: 92/58 Soi Thamma Withi (next to Big C).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Andrew108 said:

How are the internet speeds now? Do you have AIS fiber? How about 4G speeds? I guess it depends on where you are in Ubon?

Sunday 2SEP18 - about 8AM - 3BB - Ubon

3BB_Speed_Test.png

Edited by jayceenik
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Andrew108 said:

How are the internet speeds now? Do you have AIS fiber? How about 4G speeds? I guess it depends on where you are in Ubon?

There is good coverage in Ubon, l have the cheapest 3BB connection and can do anything l want with it, including watching a Smart TV upstairs via wifi..?

• Thanks 1

On 9/2/2018 at 10:47 AM, Andrew108 said:

O.k very interesting. Thanks for the info. ?

I have 2 different inet here in my pharmacy 3bb (Fiber+Wifi) ToT (Fider+Wifi)

as we are 40km outside ubon town it's ok here other than Tot is cutting time to time, but generally ok every day

20180903_154932.jpg

Screenshot_20180903-154805.jpg

vvv.png

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone point me in the right direction as I have some farm land on a river in Det and I am not sure what its worth? I need a valuation on it. It is Chanote title and a little over 10 rai - on river and so plenty of free water. Someone is growing on it now but they have no agreement. I have pics and map. Or someone suggest to me how to get it valued

thanks

ubon land seized 4 2018 (2).jpg

Edited by BlackJack

On 9/12/2018 at 5:55 PM, BlackJack said:

Can someone point me in the right direction as I have some farm land on a river in Det and I am not sure what its worth? I need a valuation on it. It is Chanote title and a little over 10 rai - on river and so plenty of free water. Someone is growing on it now but they have no agreement. I have pics and map. Or someone suggest to me how to get it valued

thanks

If you ask at the local Amphur office, they have land valuations. They use them when calculating what tax you pay when land is bought/sold, instead of using the actual declared selling price.

• 3 weeks later...

If the land is close to a river that's a positive so long as it is not subject to flooding in the height of rainy seasons. OP needs to be aware that this has been a significantly drier rainy season than usual in this part of Lower Issan, so any due diligence that the selling OP or his agent does needs to enquire about prior record not just current year observation. Otherwise there would be a risk that seller might not understand why his valuation is not attracting his value expectations.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SantiSuk said:

If the land is close to a river that's a positive so long as it is not subject to flooding in the height of rainy seasons. OP needs to be aware that this has been a significantly drier rainy season than usual in this part of Lower Issan, so any due diligence that the selling OP or his agent does needs to enquire about prior record not just current year observation. Otherwise there would be a risk that seller might not understand why his valuation is not attracting his value expectations.

I didnt know how to market the land and so some helpful posters were about agents

As far as.rain goes well that's out of my hands however fronting onto the river is a big plus so I doubt this river runs dry

Currently the price is min 100k per rai. However market price is 150k per rai. Thank u all for your posts.

59 minutes ago, SantiSuk said:

I think you missed my point, but nevermind. Good luck with the sale.

First place I rented was about 100 yards from the river, some years the whole area of houses was flooded, many homes are deserted...????

Anyone buying land near a river will do a lot of chatting with locals on flood history..

• Like 2

no its farmland and has been for centuries and so the locals know not to build a house there

i remember my GF told me when she was a kid in Lopburi that they used to get in a boat from the house (on piers still)  to go to market and now its all roads and a car is there to take to market

so things change eh?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Waiting for the (non-appearing) flooding season to be over?

I lost count of the number of times the weather forecasters predicted storms and significant flooding for Isaan in August and September including provinces in this part of Lower Isaan, none of which reached fruition. Tough time for farmers ahead I think.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ubon-Chiang Mai air route. Hello again (for the tourist season). Guess it'll be goodbye come May, just like the others before you!

Hoping for non-repeat of history.

Some creative marketing needed by Nok Air in all amphurs of lower Isaan that are closer to Ubon than Khon Kaen eg subsidised (pre-booked only) transport links to connect with flights, discounts for bookings 3 months ahead, particularly into the post-Songkran months and link-ups with Chiang Mai tourism operators for combined short and long holiday packages

On 11/14/2018 at 7:00 PM, SantiSuk said:

Ubon-Chiang Mai air route. Hello again (for the tourist season). Guess it'll be goodbye come May, just like the others before you!

Hoping for non-repeat of history.

Some creative marketing needed by Nok Air in all amphurs of lower Isaan that are closer to Ubon than Khon Kaen eg subsidised (pre-booked only) transport links to connect with flights, discounts for bookings 3 months ahead, particularly into the post-Songkran months and link-ups with Chiang Mai tourism operators for combined short and long holiday packages

Nok ackually have  had this route in operation for about 4 months. It flies Sunday, Wednesday and Friday and  It goes via Udon Thani where you have a 30 stop over then change planes onto Chiang Mai. 

Total time is about 2 hours. Better than flying to bkk then CM. One way is about 1200 baht depending on the day. 

1 hour ago, AliasJohn said:

Nok ackually have  had this route in operation for about 4 months. It flies Sunday, Wednesday and Friday and  It goes via Udon Thani where you have a 30 stop over then change planes onto Chiang Mai. 

Total time is about 2 hours. Better than flying to bkk then CM. One way is about 1200 baht depending on the day. 

Never knew this flight existed can you indicate whare you obtain the 1.200 Baht package 1 way ?

A one stop route in KK or UT or similarly the change planes route Alias-John reports on makes a lot more economic sense and might last the course.

Little hope that NOK AIR will push the marketing of the new direct service (or any new service) based on - what is probably most people's - complete ignorance of the via-UT service having been available for 4 months.

Does the via-UT route mean we can now fly to Udon Thani direct from Ubon too? I'll answer my own question: yes you can cos I just looked it up. NOK AIR's online booking shows availability from Ubon to UT and from Ubon to CM via UT. Prices to CM are at least double the amount John quotes for a single fare - he must have got some introductory package that's no longer available.

I like the concept of one stop flights as a way of increasing the number of destinations that become economic. If Ubon International Airport ever regains the International epithet in fact as well as in false naming I would love to see a Siem Reap (or Phnom Penh) to Ubon to Hanoi route.

Edited by SantiSuk

7 hours ago, SantiSuk said:

A one stop route in KK or UT or similarly the change planes route Alias-John reports on makes a lot more economic sense and might last the course.

Little hope that NOK AIR will push the marketing of the new direct service (or any new service) based on - what is probably most people's - complete ignorance of the via-UT service having been available for 4 months.

Does the via-UT route mean we can now fly to Udon Thani direct from Ubon too? I'll answer my own question: yes you can cos I just looked it up. NOK AIR's online booking shows availability from Ubon to UT and from Ubon to CM via UT. Prices to CM are at least double the amount John quotes for a single fare - he must have got some introductory package that's no longer available.

I like the concept of one stop flights as a way of increasing the number of destinations that become economic. If Ubon International Airport ever regains the International epithet in fact as well as in false naming I would love to see a Siem Reap (or Phnom Penh) to Ubon to Hanoi route.

I divide my time between Ubon and Chiang Rai, so I was thinking for the cost mentioned for o/w that flight might be handy as a back up as CM to CR is not a big issue.

I normally use Thai Smile Ubon - BKK and then Bangkok Airways up to CR and my last o/w trip was around 3.300 Baht.

I have also used my own vehicle many times from Ubon to CR but that one is wearing me out, so I decided to base a vehicle in CR and go by air. The cost for diesel v flying is almost the same.                                                                                                                                             

• 3 weeks later...

On Wednesday the 12th from 9-12am on the 5th floor at Sunee, there will be an informational meeting about construction plans for the "Yasothon intersection" of the ring road. Anyone have time to go? I thought the previous sign said they would start in October but that obviously didn't happen.

47688506_2237717596239155_2827391556665737216_n.jpg

Edited by ubonrthai

• 1 month later...

UBON RATCHATHANI AIRPORT* PARKING

Haven't seen anyone posting re the latest changes, that happened a couple of months ago I think, so here's a heads-up.

The non-pay car park, that used to be rough ground and prone to muddy puddles in wet season, has now reopened, fully concreted, kerbed and space-marked. It's beyond the Terminal and the paid-for car park and it's about a 3-5 minute uncovered-walk to the Terminal entrance, depending which end you get to park in.

The temporary rough ground car park (just inside the airport gates), that was used during the old rough ground park while under concreting, has now been closed. Maybe they should have kept that open too. A couple of weekends ago the (very nicely done, but also mostly uncovered) new free concreted parking was full and with cars desperately touring for spaces at 3pm on a Sunday afternoon (I suspect though that's at the end of a 24 hour period of highest usage during an average week). Ended up paying for a 3 day park.

No changes to the paid-for car park opposite the Terminal building (uncovered/scant shade from some thin shortish trees/secured to the extent you'd need the ticket to get out and maybe some surveillance at times/150baht a day or 15 baht an hour/but convenient 1-2 minute uncovered walk into Terminal doors).

I guess it will be all change again when Terminal 2 opens, whenever that will be - some signs of construction beginning if we are talking about a location opposite the newly concreted free parking.

*I refuse to give it it's official misnomer of Ubon Ratchathani International Airport ????????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/23/2018 at 3:11 PM, ubonrthai said:

Also in next year's budget is finishing 4 lanes from Highway 24 up to Ubon via Road #2085. I'm assuming they mean through Samrong on Road #2178 after it departs 2085?

35227930_1972466842764233_7902713711238840320_o.thumb.jpg.d532be3d6fc1a2e411325d8d613231aa.jpg

At last the work to complete the widening of Hwy 2178 has started. I noticed theodolite work a few weeks ago and suddenly tree clearance and digging out has started with avengeance at both ends of the 14km currently narrow two-lane section through Amphurs Samrong and Nong Khun.

I guess it will be about 18 months before Ubon finally gets its completed 4-lane (minimum) direct route connection to Bangkok via 2178, 2085 and 24. 2178 might be a road to avoid at some stages of the widening - there's a lot of dirt that needs putting in on the sides to bring the paddy level up to the height of the existing roadway.

The connection of 2085 to 24 at the junction north of Amphur Kantharalak has raised the curiosity of local expats. Why waste money on an overpass at that particular junction on 24, which does not exactly have huge traffic levels? The only other intersection that has merited such treatment on 24 is in Korat province where a heavily trafficked 304 crosses 24 near Paktongchai. Heavily trafficked Junctions in Prasat and Prakonchai were rebuilt as traffic lighted junctions. Why provide an overpass that goes east to west linking Det Udom with Bangkok when there is much heavier traffic on the north to south direction from Kantharalak to Ubon? I guess we will never know what military or other person-of-influence priority was behind the seemingly unnecessary spend.

Edited by SantiSuk