Ubon Ratchathani News & Development

ubonrthai

Have they finished Kantalak to Det Udom? I haven’t been along there since last Christmas.

I was surprised they widened this section rather than the 2085/2178 Kantalak to Ubon in the first place. As you point out above, strange logic or lack of

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Last I read the ring road intersection construction is supposed to start in April I think. Anyone seen an update this month? I’ll believe it when the construction equipment starts digging.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Hope they don't use the same program planner / snail-paced contractors as are currently employed on the Sisaket Rd ring road junction.

Atrociously planned to cause maximum disruption* for an extraordinarily long period of time. Someone at City Hall needs a good kicking!  {not literally of course}

* surely no need to dig up all 4 legs of a crossroads right from the start!

• Like 1

On 3/15/2019 at 6:54 AM, bergen said:

No, not finished, probably at least 6 months away!

Agreed Bergen - travelled its length yesterday.

8 km (estimate) from the Kantharalak end towards Det is however already blacktopped and might be ready within a month or two. The rest will no doubt be released in stages that I would guess will range from 3 months to 9 months away.

At the Det end there is still a concrete culvert to complete, but otherwise no major structures remaining and most of the clay roadway foundation work has been completed. Looks like it will be serially opened from its western end, moving towards Det - still some earth movers working on the last 10km into the junction at Det.

Have to say (and partly retract my previous opinions) that I was surprised how much traffic was on it* yesterday mid morning (post 'go-to-work' hours), particularly heading westwards. Perhaps it does make sense after all to have 4-laned it; it will at least encourage development in the southern third of Ubon province.

* Still nothing like the volume of traffic that was crossing Hwy 24 to pass between Kantharalak and Benchalak/Ubon. The direction of, and necessity of, that fly-over junction north of Kantharalak still evades common sense IMO. Watch them put 45 second timings on all the green lights under the flyover once constructed; that'll really enrage the north-south Kantharalak traffic as it sits underneath waiting for very little east-west traffic to come through!

• Like 1

Ah ok the opposite to what I thought. Makes sense that the 24 traffic goes over without traffic lights etc.

Still sounds like a strange decision to build that there[emoji2371][emoji2371]

+ another.

I'm quite partial to a Subway sandwich too, but that format hasn't even really taken off in Bangkok centre , let alone Don Muang, so it's a non-starter.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Blimey, woke up to see they are having another go at clearing the weed out of the Huai Wangnong reservoir, I hope they complete the job this time so I get my view back....????...Fingers crossed..

• Like 1

Blimey, woke up to see they are having another go at clearing the weed out of the Huai Wangnong reservoir, I hope they complete the job this time so I get my view back....[emoji39]...Fingers crossed..

No more watching grass grow?

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Patriot said:

Not sure if this has been covered previously, but what is the nearly complete building opposite/south of Central????

Is it this?

https://www.facebook.com/ubonflyover/posts/ข่าวด่วน-escent-condo-at-central-plaza-ubonratchathani-soon-ภาพประกอบที่-2-เซ็นท/2089911957934259/

11 hours ago, NiwPix said:

I've been wondering that myself...and even passing the building several times the past months with different locals, npbody was able to tell me.

I stopped by there some while ago; no posters giving names of builders, owners..nothing at all.

Maybe it will have very large loudspeakers on the roof, to call the faithful to prayer at crack of dawn?

Hope the expensive new condos will have very good soundproofing.

• Haha 1

I stopped by there some while ago; no posters giving names of builders, owners..nothing at all.

Maybe it will have very large loudspeakers on the roof, to call the faithful to prayer at crack of dawn?

Hope the expensive new condos will have very good soundproofing.

Was told yesterday it will be a beauty university or at least that’s what was on one of the signs outside. And yeah, I was thinking the same after they finished the gold domes.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, chris26be said:

Hi Chris. No; that is the condo construction on the car park. I meant the mosque-like building over the road, Sappasit Road I think 

2 hours ago, craftyone said:

Was told yesterday it will be a beauty university or at least that’s what was on one of the signs outside. And yeah, I was thinking the same after they finished the gold domes.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Thanks for the update; glad I was not the only one with a suspicious mind!

• Like 1

Thanks for the update; glad I was not the only one with a suspicious mind!

I’m pretty new here in Ubon, but GF’s bro is Muslim, didn’t know anything about it, so I just drove straight up to the signs yesterday so she could read them.
From what I understand there’s only one mosque in town but where they live I never hear any calls to prayer so it must be near the river or farther away.
Lived in Bangkapi in a heavily populated Muslim area for a while and gladly welcome the silence here.
  • Like 1