Ubon Ratchathani News & Development

ubonrthai

The building is a wedding reception place. It is being built by an old established wedding company in Ubon. This company hires out wedding dresses and suits and does official photos etc. Because of the demand in Ubon for this sort of stuff, their current facilities are not large enough. How do I know this? The owner is a friend of my son. They are building it slowly, out of income and supervising the construction themselves. 

Lol, thanks for the clarification!
Was by there earlier today. Will be sure to explain how her “translation” worked out.

Nice to know assuming we make the jump one day.

IMG_6103.JPG

IMG_6102.JPG
  • Like 1

Thanks for that Michael, been scratching my head for about a year. My daughter thought it a mosque, my wife a coffee shop and my son sure they were going to sell LEGO!!!!!!!

Wish your son was right! 555

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

This guys (not this car, but same concept) passing Khuang Nai this morning on the way to UBON

Just wondering what might be the reason not seen them in here during day time at least
as they drove slowly and top cam was rotating around

RB.png.2ce08d0bdd0c98cddaca4f7f6fc8f91f.png64314431_2278636095587315_8185656332668352905_n.jpg.8d2330bf011f6cee6959edc456593ff8.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I saw a couple of them at the BMW Dealership a couple weeks ago ( here in Ubon )

IMG_8717.thumb.jpg.e181a10c3d0891c3a60d1a19619df4d9.jpg&key=475533f403179cf56fafbdeca267e8e58e19909c44bd73eb0f57a7b028557280

IMG_8718.thumb.jpg.0f7fc602356cea7b35017434f5fa1eeb.jpg&key=5c3483cac43793430a8ba6ec20ae1e2c5445aa5beb02280d9b51f490718e8d4f

The state of that engine compartment seems to resemble the police drivers ability (Dusty/not updated). 555

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, DILLIGAD said:

The state of that engine compartment seems to resemble the police drivers ability (Dusty/not updated). 555

Typical LOS lack of servicing.....laugh.gif.0c9f4efbcf32c39052188a4785993f9e.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

What is interesting is if you zoom in on the the emblem on the side of the car.

The Immigration Bureau seems to be doing good to be able to have BMW's.

image.png.35901bb70ca23736e6209a5e23498014.png

Yep, so if a BMW police car is outside your place you will know it is immigration spying....5150.gif.a8559e65f48c87f1f816b8034754bb09.gif

Yep, so if a BMW police car is outside your place you will know it is immigration spying....5150.gif.a8559e65f48c87f1f816b8034754bb09.gif&key=25b3b35dcce92bf1f5cce7a7008e7392a715cd3bbcbf897108c35186b337ff3c

Or as its on the flap to the plug-in electrical charge system (BMW330e), maybe they need a jump start?

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, chris26be said:

Anyone applied for a yellow tabien baan recently in Ubon. What ar the actual requirements and procedure?

Sorry no, got mine about 10 years back in Ubon, but the important thing at the time for me was the involvement of the head man that watched over where I live. Bought him a bottle of whiskey with a few baht attached and he came with me to do his thing. It was quite easy, the lady had the forms sorted for me/us to fill in, handed over 20bht and that was it...

• Like 1

Ubon:

How simple or complicated is the procedure to change the Yellow Book if changing residence to a different village but within the same Tambon (In my case less than a kilometre)

Does one have to go through the same passport translation and "Poo-Yai-Baan" shenanigans or is it just a presentation of the new owners/residence's Tabian Baan - in this case my wife!

Further to the above, and again in Ubon, what is the procedure for changing the address in one's car book.

The car is in my (farang) name and the address is my rental home. I shall soon be needing to change the address to our new property - only a kilometre away, but diffent village -  for the regular Traffic Violations I receive!

Does one have to present a newly addressed Yellow Book, or just a new Tabian Baan to the P.T.O.?

Thanks Guys

Chris

1 hour ago, Patriot said:

Further to the above, and again in Ubon, what is the procedure for changing the address in one's car book.

The car is in my (farang) name and the address is my rental home. I shall soon be needing to change the address to our new property - only a kilometre away, but diffent village -  for the regular Traffic Violations I receive!

Does one have to present a newly addressed Yellow Book, or just a new Tabian Baan to the P.T.O.?

Thanks Guys

Chris

I don't think it is that important to change the address in the vehicle registration book. My two vehicles still have my old house address which I sold five years ago. Still if you want to change the address it is straight forward. Just take your new house registration book to the traffic department and the new address will be printed on another page.

I think the traffic department will have your new address in their computer system, because when you renew your annual car registration, the insurance papers you present, will have the new address. 

Ubon:

Looking for a CNC shop(s) that can cut (6mm-20mm thick) plastic or preferably wood. My 2D designs are no larger than 25x35(cm).

At this point I’m only in a testing phase with no immediate plans for large scale production. Just want to work out the finer administrative/logistical/operational details of working with a local Thai shop unless the economics dictate moving onto Bangkok/CM or neighboring country.

I’ve searched the Ubon interwebs with no luck. Even searching job postings for CNC positions but none in this area or the shop doesn’t fit the criteria for the work.

Thanks in advance for any leads.

Update on getting a yellow tabien baan (Thor Ror 13) and a pink ID card for foreigners in UBON RATCHATHANI (July 2019).

1. Your passport and a translation in Thai of the data page. You can get this at ECC near Thung Sri Muang. This translation costs 600 Baht, it takes about two hours and it is accepted by the district’s office (amphoe).

2. A copy of your passport: data page and visa.

3. A copy of your TM6 departure card.

4. A copy of your TM30. The amphoe doesn’t require a Certificate of Residency.

5. A copy of your marriage certificate and marriage registration (if you are married to a Thai).

6. Blue tabien baan of your wife (or another house owner) + a copy of it.

7. Your Thai wife’s ID card + a copy of it (or another witness).

8. Two passport photos.

In the amphoe you go to the civil registration office and you wait in front of counter 4, the civil registration subsection.

All the documents being OK, my wife and I returned the following day with the puyabaan of our village. A copy of his ID card was made. Neither he nor I were interviewed.

One week later my wife was called to inform her my yellow tabien baan was ready to pick up.

Our three visits to the amphoe took about half an hour each time.

Immediately after receiving the yellow tabien baan, I had the pink ID card for foreigners made. That’s at counter 6. I only had to hand over my yellow tabien baan. No copies of anything at all.

They take a fingerprint of both your thumbs and a picture of your face. Showing your height you have to take your shoes off ????. The pink ID card is valid for ten years, unless your 60 or older, then the card is valid indefinitely. The ID  card costs 60 Baht.

For both the yellow tabien baan and the ID card you are asked for your blood type.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jayceenik said:

Good info. What is the "ECC" and where is it "near TSM" ?

ECC is the English Language Centre at the northern end of Tung Sri Muang (big park in centre of Ubon). Across from the traffic lights on the right hand side and also across the road from the Ubon Plaza shopping centre. Been in the same place for over 25 years.

ECC is the English Language Centre at the northern end of Tung Sri Muang (big park in centre of Ubon). Across from the traffic lights on the right hand side and also across the road from the Ubon Plaza shopping centre. Been in the same place for over 25 years.

What if your not married?

52 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

What if your not married?

Then you need a Thai translation of your birth certificate, because the amphoe needs your parents' names.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ubonrthai said:

I've been out of town a couple months. Have they started any underpass construction on the Yaso/Amnat intersections of the ring road yet?

Started on the Yaso intersection. Trees have gone and lots of digging where the trees were. Will also widen the 4 lane road from the intersection towards the two bridges crossing the Little Mun River.