Ubon Ratchathani News & Development

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The airport has metered taxis now. http://guideubon.com/news/view.php?t=44&s_id=17&d_id=16 Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Any further and we will have to get a Lao visa to do our 90 day reports.

That is good news Bergen, thanks for the heads up. A friend sent me this story in the Australian mainstream press which made me chuckle in more ways then one. http://www.traveller.com.au/ubon-ratcha

Posted Images

15 hours ago, SantiSuk said:

Err...actually I think Ubon has been pretty progressive in rapidly constructing 4 lane sections on the main out-of-town highways in the few short years (8) that I've been around this region, so I'm not sure that the track record supports skepticism ubonrthai.

One for the Sisaket junction after those other two please! Basic overpasses to keep ring road traffic flowing are all that's needed - fancy clover-leafs would be OTT.

I live near Kabinburi. It just makes it into Issan. All my neighbours are of Laos decent so I find I need to try to learn Laos and Thai. 

The amount of infrastructure being built near here is remarkable. Things are happening, overgrown swamps are being cleaned out and water reserves are being made. Roads are being widened and drains are being renewed. Never in visiting/living here have I seen such rapid development. 

Hi all, 

I'm new to Ubon and looking to rent a family house. Does anyone have any idea of prices?

Would also really love to meet people that have been here a while to get a feel of the area, any suggestions on places to go?

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/18/2017 at 6:27 PM, Footloose1 said:

Hi all, 

I'm new to Ubon and looking to rent a family house. Does anyone have any idea of prices?

Would also really love to meet people that have been here a while to get a feel of the area, any suggestions on places to go?

You can get an idea here. http://www.ubonhomes.com/

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Let's hope they do proper traffic surveys to get the timing algorithms appropriate for the lights that will remain at ground level. Too often in Thailand one is left stopped a light while no little or no traffic is using the green lighted point of entry.

The standard approach seems to be that lights are given the same access time at all four points. Presumably cheaper not to have sophisticated (not really nowadays - digital stuff like that is pretty cheap) timing mechanisms but any economist would tell you that wasted time has a more damaging impact on the economy as a whole.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...