Ubon Ratchathani News & Development

ubonrthai

These Townhouses or units are being built on Chonlabrataan-Tha Bor road just up from my house. They are 2-3 bedroom units. So far, all except 5 have been presold. The strong selling points are the close proximity to Benchamat school (800 m), Central (700m) and the bypass road (300 m). There will be a large swimming pool and fitness centre.

post-162586-0-54187000-1372911041_thumb.

post-162586-0-24557600-1372911078_thumb.

post-162586-0-52601600-1372911100_thumb.

post-162586-0-52594500-1372911121_thumb.

These Townhouses or units are being built on Chonlabrataan-Tha Bor road just up from my house. They are 2-3 bedroom units. So far, all except 5 have been presold. The strong selling points are the close proximity to Benchamat school (800 m), Central (700m) and the bypass road (300 m). There will be a large swimming pool and fitness centre.

Do you know the selling prices for the diffrent units ?

I have only been to the site and spoken to the building foreman. He said the prices were round about 2 million baht and upwards. The selling office is on Chaengsanit Road near Narenakun School, just down from SK shopping centre. At the site there are telephone numbers to contact this office. I heard that a lot retired people have bought units there. Easy upkeep and close to the new shops and new development happening in this area. Hopefully it will be well maintained.

I have only been to the site and spoken to the building foreman. He said the prices were round about 2 million baht and upwards. The selling office is on Chaengsanit Road near Narenakun School, just down from SK shopping centre. At the site there are telephone numbers to contact this office. I heard that a lot retired people have bought units there. Easy upkeep and close to the new shops and new development happening in this area. Hopefully it will be well maintained.

Thanks for the info .

• 2 weeks later...

Ubon has stuff being built everywhere. Those thinking of buying really should have a good look round. Must say that there are some nice looking stuff out there but the build is cr................p. Take your time. smile.png

• Like 1

Yesterday, PM Yingluck talked about expanding Highway 24 to 4 lane from Buri Ram to Ubon. It's been in the Isan development plans but this is the first I've heard it specifically mentioned. She said construction can begin as soon as the budget is approve which will be when...... This is good news for us drivers. Will cut off at least an hour on the drive to Bangkok and make it much safer without having to continually pass the trucks carrying, what is it, tapioca or sugarcane?

Edited by ubonrthai
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Another new development called "Star City Ubon" is beginning. It's supposed to have "condos," a hotel, strip mall and water park. I'm not sure of the exact location but it's supposed to be somewhere on the Ubon-Trakan Rd. (a.k.a the road behind the airport).

http://www.starcityubon.com/starcity/index.php

https://www.facebook.com/StarCityUbon

• 1 month later...

Yesterday, PM Yingluck talked about expanding Highway 24 to 4 lane from Buri Ram to Ubon. It's been in the Isan development plans but this is the first I've heard it specifically mentioned. She said construction can begin as soon as the budget is approve which will be when...... This is good news for us drivers. Will cut off at least an hour on the drive to Bangkok and make it much safer without having to continually pass the trucks carrying, what is it, tapioca or sugarcane?

Hope they do it soon and start with the 70 kilometres from Prasat to Nang Rong. I can live with the lower traffic single carriageway between Kantaralak and Prasat but that 70 clicks once the Surin traffic joins in is a nightmare.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Would be a little late in the day to be announcing a high season route between Ubon and CM?

Just wish someone would operate the CM to Ubon route (or even CM to KK would do) so that I can do that trip in one day, with only a one leg flight cost involved for a family of four.

Driving to Bangkok early morning and flying that evening from DMK is realistic, but tiring for the family. Flying both legs is less tiring but costs me about 12,000 baht more than the drive-fly option. Driving all the way takes four days out of your break, just for travel (I'm not into driving for 12 hours solid and it's not safe IMO).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Global House is open near the intersection to Sisaket. It seems to offer some slightly higher quality products though its very comparable to Do Home, Home Hub, Home Pro, Thai Watsadu, Home Mart, etc........ All of which have added on recently. Construction must be booming.

image-B405_52B83DF9.jpg

Sabiang restaurant opened last month on its new location on the "Hat Ku Dua" rd. It's the first restaurant on the left hand side, when driving in from the ring rd,

To be more spesific, when driving the ring road from Global to Central, turn left after the bridge and you'll find it on the river side after a few hundred meters. Good food, cold beer, and the owner (from Kuala Lumpur). speaks English..............smile.png

Sabiang restaurant opened last month on its new location on the "Hat Ku Dua" rd. It's the first restaurant on the left hand side, when driving in from the ring rd,

To be more spesific, when driving the ring road from Global to Central, turn left after the bridge and you'll find it on the river side after a few hundred meters. Good food, cold beer, and the owner (from Kuala Lumpur). speaks English..............smile.png

My chum Ken.............thumbsup.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I went there a few weeks ago. Food was good and the outside dining area was well set up with good, strong furniture. Worth a visit