BANGKOK 26 March 2019 05:12
ubonrthai

Ubon Ratchathani News & Development

On 1/23/2018 at 7:33 PM, MrTrip said:

And you lost me with the hippopotamus ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A rather large young Sioux lady was sitting on a hippopotamus skin. Two slim young Sioux ladies were sitting on a buffalo skin and a reindeer skin, respectively. Which proves that "the squaw on the hippopotamus is equal to the sum of the squaws on the other two hides".

4 minutes ago, phibunmike said:

A rather large young Sioux lady was sitting on a hippopotamus skin. Two slim young Sioux ladies were sitting on a buffalo skin and a reindeer skin, respectively. Which proves that "the squaw on the hippopotamus is equal to the sum of the squaws on the other two hides".

THailand?..

Hilarious in another dimension..

Edited by watcharacters

I notice that the bridge is being widen across the Little Mun River on the Sappasit road to Central Plaza. That will ease the traffic which at times, banks up right down the bridge.  

• Like 1

On 2013-05-18 at 2:47 PM, onionluke said:

Thank a deity of your choice for the airport and long may it stay in the center of town .

I noticed the dirt parking lot at the airport (which was used for long term parking) is no longer available.  Does anyone know what is being constructed there?  I do hope it is a multi-level parkade - the parking congestion across from the main terminal is laughable!

• Like 1

Im looking to buy some farm chemicals (herbicides) and seed for corn.  can anyone recommend a store in Ubon.

2 hours ago, Farmer Ben said:

Im looking to buy some farm chemicals (herbicides) and seed for corn.  can anyone recommend a store in Ubon.

Sang Saree Farm supplies in Warin. On the main Warin-Det Udom road about 1.5 km from the Warin-Phibun-Det Udom intersection in Warin. On the left hand side coming out of Warin. 

On 5/12/2018 at 4:33 PM, Michael Hare said:

Sang Saree Farm supplies in Warin. On the main Warin-Det Udom road about 1.5 km from the Warin-Phibun-Det Udom intersection in Warin. On the left hand side coming out of Warin. 

Agreed.

It looks like we are getting closer to the intersection changes promised 8 years ago. Now they claim construction will begin in October and it will take 2-3 years to build them. They've chosen the circular option pictured below for each intersection. You can follow the progress on this Facebook page. This is the Amnat and Yaso intersections. The Sisaket and Khemmarat intersections are also being looked at for future changes but probably not anytime soon.

33066045_2055032868088835_2791742224302342144_o.jpg.07e8a602d07f639c4bdf6826d5f2b16e.jpg

Edited by ubonrthai
  • Like 2

2-3 years of purgatory for north Ubonites then! Worth it in the long run no doubt.

Oh yes - Ban Tabo (we've hashed it a bit!). You can always head out north west and cut back over Hua Na Dam and into Ubon from the west*. I think I'd move, or buy a cheap second motor and park it on the south side of the Ring Road!

*Hopefully joking, as that's got to be a 40 minute trip!

On 5/28/2018 at 9:39 AM, ubonrthai said:

t looks like we are getting closer to the intersection changes promised 8 years ago. Now they claim construction will begin in October and it will take 2-3 years to build them.

Call me a skeptic but I think I will much older when and if it is done (if ever). Been talked about for many years with nothing being done.

Project approved and budget set but the funds are diverted for other more important projects elsewhere (Bangkok maybe).

A u-turn bridge at Central and near Makro would sure be nice... dreaming.

• Like 1

Everyday I pass the  U turn at Central four times. Usually twice a day someone tries to kill me. 

Ban Tabo is really a decent spot except for access.  Always doing u-turns...

• Like 2