BANGKOK
ubonrthai

Ubon Ratchathani News & Development

I must have blinked and missed it last time I went through there in January. If I remember correctly you don't drive a Toyota but have you heard any feedback from other locals who have had any servicing done there?

Construction worker claims the new condo on Soi 40 is supposed to have 350 units compared to 201 at The Grand Condo.

Does anyone know precisely where "The Mall" is going to be built?

I must have blinked and missed it last time I went through there in January. If I remember correctly you don't drive a Toyota but have you heard any feedback from other locals who have had any servicing done there?

Your memory is failing you a bit since I've had a Toyota Sportcruiser since 2004. rolleyes.gif

I know nothing about their service, and I take mine to Toyota Ubon, where it was bought. biggrin.png

• Like 1

I heard this week that the land opposite na udom on left of chayangkul rd leaving town is going to be a mall. Soil is going in now from the pics they sent me. I was told a while back it was housing but this week it is a mall. Could be either but we will see. I'm told it is <100rai of land.

post-16973-0-08428000-1371639121_thumb.j

post-16973-0-11230400-1371639131_thumb.j

Edited by jay-uk

Does anyone know if Honda have plans to open a Service/Sales centre south of the river Mun.

Living in Warin it is taking progressively longer to get to the one north of the city.

Thanks for all the pics, especially of the Grand Condo. This is of great interest. Great forum!

It will be interesting to see how these condos go price wise over the next 5 years. I imagine over priced and no resale value.

If they have a decent 80sqm 2br for 25k psm I may be interested in an Isaan retreat.

Apparently there is great deal of expansion going on in Ubon. If it wasn't for this thread I'd know nothing about these things.

On Monday evening TV3 rang an item on Thai national news about the huge landfills going in and around Central. Apparently a lot of the soil is coming from land that the villagers are selling, in particular the land around Huai Charamae. However, the land does not belong to the villagers, it is government land. An investigation is under way.

Hah ha. TIT - funniest thing I've read this week. Hope the government inspectors can swim if they want to take the 'land' back. Mind you, not funny and we are all up the proverbial creek if it stimulates a state grab of non-chanote land throughout the region!

On Monday evening TV3 rang an item on Thai national news about the huge landfills going in and around Central. Apparently a lot of the soil is coming from land that the villagers are selling, in particular the land around Huai Charamae. However, the land does not belong to the villagers, it is government land. An investigation is under way.

I'd like to see them try to put it all back. rolleyes.gif

post-103222-0-70251000-1371662379_thumb.post-103222-0-28461300-1371662386_thumb.

New PTT station and 7/11 are being built "across the road" from the hospital in Nam Yuen. thumbsup.gif

Yes I know, not in the city, but important to those who live in, or venture down to the border (bomb shelter) area............biggrin.png

ah nam yuen, the cultural cul-de-sac of ubon. makes det udom seem like bkk

New PTT station and 7/11 are being built "across the road" from the hospital in Nam Yuen. thumbsup.gif

Yes I know, not in the city, but important to those who live in, or venture down to the border (bomb shelter) area............biggrin.png

Hey..........at least 4 different banks, more than 10 "resorts, 2 "new" car dealers, several new restaurants, new bus station, Tesco, Suan Loong Daeng and me. What more can anyone ask for? rolleyes.giflaugh.png

• Like 2

Nam Yuen is the big smoke compared to Narchaleuy a little further down the road which I consider as my 'main town'!

Hey..........at least 4 different banks, more than 10 "resorts, 2 "new" car dealers, several new restaurants, new bus station, Tesco, Suan Loong Daeng and me. What more can anyone ask for? rolleyes.giflaugh.png

Since you ask, my Viking friend...............

Subway!

Nope; Cultural OASIS; real Ubon ...... with a light sprinkling of Norway!