Ubon Ratchathani News & Development

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Any further and we will have to get a Lao visa to do our 90 day reports.

The airport has metered taxis now. http://guideubon.com/news/view.php?t=44&s_id=17&d_id=16 Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

That is good news Bergen, thanks for the heads up. A friend sent me this story in the Australian mainstream press which made me chuckle in more ways then one. http://www.traveller.com.au/ubon-ratcha

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Today I drove on the new second bridge across the Little Mun river just before Benchamat school. I am not sure how it will ease the congestion as coming off the bridge with two lanes, I think one is squeezed into one lane. A pity that the water-treatment department didn't give up a few metres of their lane to make the road off the bridge wider. 

They finally opened it? I'll be crossing it the coming days...looking forward to seeing construction at its finest 🙂

The new building / Food Court on Chaengsanit called Y-Square will open March 2nd ( KFC is already open there ).

Maybe you know @Michael Hare, I heard the mall they were building where the old Robinson was, was stopped and they built Y-Square instead. Do you have any knowledge on the progress of the old robinson area?

19 hours ago, NiwPix said:

They finally opened it? I'll be crossing it the coming days...looking forward to seeing construction at its finest 🙂

The new building / Food Court on Chaengsanit called Y-Square will open March 2nd ( KFC is already open there ).

Maybe you know @Michael Hare, I heard the mall they were building where the old Robinson was, was stopped and they built Y-Square instead. Do you have any knowledge on the progress of the old robinson area?

I doubt if any mall will be built on the old Ying-Yong-Robinson site. These old family malls can not compete with Central. When I came to live permanently in Ubon in 1994 there four large Ubon family shopping stores in Ubon. Three downtown and Ying Yong. Since then SK and Sunee have opened. They are all struggling. During that time Makro, Big C and Tesco-Lotus have also opened as well. Have to wait and see if Y-Square Mall will prosper. 

• Thanks 1