Ubon Ratchathani News & Development

ubonrthai

That wall is nice to see. When they originally painted the Kings artwork all along Uppalisan Road I got really excited, as I owned Peppers at the time and was sick of looking out at that dirty brown wall for 15 hours a day, 7 days a week!

Everyday they got closer and closer and then they stopped - just shy of the shop! They said it was so the pilots would not get distracted (as the runway is immediately opposite and also the end that 90% of flights land).

Anyway, nice to see that finally is getting something done because if a pilot is distracted by a painted wall then they are in the wrong job.

That wall is nice to see. When they originally painted the Kings artwork all along Uppalisan Road I got really excited, as I owned Peppers at the time and was sick of looking out at that dirty brown wall for 15 hours a day, 7 days a week!

Everyday they got closer and closer and then they stopped - just shy of the shop! They said it was so the pilots would not get distracted (as the runway is immediately opposite and also the end that 90% of flights land).

Anyway, nice to see that finally is getting something done because if a pilot is distracted by a painted wall then they are in the wrong job.

As another Peppers owner..hi chaps, I was told by an officer on the base the reason why the last section of the wall was not painted was because it was not appropriate for aircraft to fly directly over the Kings image hence it was white. I assume they are painting it out white again in preparation for new artwork. Hope so as it was nice to see.

• Like 2

Both versions ( flying over kings head and distraction ) are very....hmmm, can't think of a politically correct word for this right now ;)

The wall throws off a lot of glare now. I spoke with the main guy in charge yesterday and he said that it will stay white....no more paintings etc. Lets see what happens and how long it stays white.

I think we just have to sort of accept that what they do here is never something we would do or at least we would not give out the excuse that are given.

We = guys with white faces= I don't speak for everyone ...just assuming.

Regards

• 3 weeks later...

Thats good news :).

I have noticed that diagonally across of Home Pro / Central Plaza on the side of the Ratchathani University is something big going on. There were a few diggers ( I think that would be the english word for them ) and trucks transporting dirt. Anybody know anything? :)

Across the Provincial Electricity Authority Region 2 ( see attached map )

I assume your talking about the hotel south of Central Plaza...which seems to be almost finished. The spot I'm talking about is at the very beginning stage. Could me another big mall? Or maybe another giant Hardware store...we don't have enough here yet :)

post-183512-0-19839000-1418644550_thumb.

• Like 1

I was wondering about that too. Pretty big project.

I heard from a local that's it's to be a huge (International standard) hospital with Heli-pad.

That would be nice...maybe the Bangkok Hospital?

That is the goss I heard a while back.

Been wondering about that one too. At first I thought they were working on implementing a sewer system ( they have some fairly large pipes laying around there ), since that area is prone to flooding. However, they have also been working on the land as well. Foodland or something like that maybe? smile.png Would be nice.

Edit:

Would be nice to get this Thread pinned.

Edited by NiwPix

I live very close to this development opposite PEA and behind Ruam Sin Thai on the banks of the Little Mun River. Us locals have always been informed that it will be another housing estate. Not once has a hospital been mentioned on this site. Rather, the hospital site has been suggested as furher along the road. But then again, us locals may have been given misinformation.

It looks like Siri Property (Sirimahachai) but I'm not 100% sure. Look at their Facebook posts from September 18 & December 3. I think it's a moobaan and a "condo" like you heard. They also have a website here.

post-103222-0-79868400-1419384260_thumb.

Sirimongkol is doing a moobaan behind HomePro. Their Facebook page is here. Looks like the typical cracker box of a 1st floor design.

post-103222-0-86595800-1419384256_thumb.post-103222-0-84846600-1419384258_thumb.

Edited by ubonrthai

For the last year or so there has been major bank piling work going on at the southern end of the Mun River diversion where it rejoins the Mun river proper (at the downriver end). Now there is major earth infill going on behind the piling to create building land. A newly concreted road leading south off Palochai close to N-Joy replaces the previously dirt and gravel jobby (I think it is Palochai soi 9).

Anybody know what is going to built there? The amount of money poured into some hefty construction and millions of tonnes of clay suggests it will be more than the bog standard tacky boxes moo bahn or 750 baht a night resort - but with Thai business constructs who knows!

Hope they don't overdevelop the area too much - good hashing territory down there and its a useful scenic back road into Ubon centre off the ring road (which few people seem to know about!)

The image in the attached file is reportedly 2014, but I think it was taken in 2013 rainy season. They had built the pilings on the left side of the confluence as well as the previously established right side before this year's waters rose. Now they are infilling on both sides of the confluence.

Mun River at its downriver confluence with its Diversion.doc

Edited by SantiSuk

I'm busy till after new year , but can talk you through it. Is it a light, fan, or outlet. Are other devices on the same curcuit working? Or are you worried about being around 220?

It's outside wall lights, but the switches are in the lounge wall. Cluster of 6 switches. Anything being fed going down the wall is OK, again outside wall lights, but now anything being fed going up the wall (in trunking) trips the RCD. The feed for all the switches comes down the wall.

Soooooo I disconnect the wires in a light fitting that uses one switch, it still trips out, so I assume perhaps a rat has chewed through the wiring above the ceiling..

But, this cluster of 6 switches and the wiring looks a nightmare so wanted a guy with knowledge to test it all. I did replace one switch but made no difference.

PS. I don't fear electrics as I worked on street mains for years. My eyes are not so good now and is difficult to spot stuff...sad.png

Tried disconnecting the outside wall lites? Could be short in lites, or if floro lites the balast. Disconnect and if still trips with just wire there animals or rust have got to the wire. You can use the old wire to pull a new and hopefully not have to cut wall.

Tried disconnecting the outside wall lites? Could be short in lites, or if floro lites the balast. Disconnect and if still trips with just wire there animals or rust have got to the wire. You can use the old wire to pull a new and hopefully not have to cut wall.

It will mean chopping the ceiling out. There is a hatch to get there but the ceiling structure will not take a guys weight, me thinks...I just need some testing done.

But I do know how the stuff is wired which can be explained on site......smile.png

Problem is my eyes and the tangle of wires. All the switches are looped together from the main feed.

Edited by transam

A new bridge to Laos is being planned in Amphur Natan SE of Khemarat. It's in Tambon Phalan so I'm guessing it will be very near here. It reduces the distance between Ubon and Danang, Vietnam which is supposed to improve trade as part of ASEAN development. Construction is supposed to begin this year. I haven't found a date though.

post-103222-0-69274500-1420638754_thumb.

Edited by ubonrthai